TV, radio, film, Arts

Coronation Street- continued.

(1001 Posts)
Calendargirl Thu 31-Mar-22 06:45:06

New thread required, old one full.

Doodledog Sat 05-Nov-22 12:49:34

grin

BlueBelle Sat 05-Nov-22 16:10:26

Well Craigy might be there is case any fights break out as to who will hold the baby first

NotTooOld Sat 05-Nov-22 18:02:16

Love Dr Gaddas' new hairstyle.
So Summer is selling the baby to creepy Esther and her husband and she's already taken £10000 to spend on Aaron's father's rehab.
Aaron will chicken out of selling the baby (good lad) and he and Summer will have to flee with said baby because they cannot afford to refund the ten grand. Aaron will pinch a car from the garage for them to flee in. Esther and OH will chase after them.
Billy will throw a complete wobbly and will be promoted to Archbishop of Canterbury but he will stay living in the elastic flat.
Summer and Aaron will get secretly married in Gretna Green and hole up with the baby in a cave (probably) in the Highlands of Scotland.
Aaron's father will benefit from the rehab and emerge a changed man. He and the Archbishop will team up to track down Summer, Aaron and the baby before the wicked Esther catches up with them. There will be a mountainside shoot-out.

Doodledog Sat 05-Nov-22 22:07:08

That all sounds good to me grin. Will Craigie be there to arrest the survivors and take the injured to Nurse Aggie for repair?

NotTooOld Sun 06-Nov-22 16:27:00

Doodledog

That all sounds good to me grin. Will Craigie be there to arrest the survivors and take the injured to Nurse Aggie for repair?

Definitely, Doodlebug. grin

Grannynannywanny Sun 06-Nov-22 16:54:16

Loving this new story line here! Much better than the Corrie script writers. After the injured are brought to Nurse Aggie from the mountain shoot out she will have to operate on them under cover of darkness on her kitchen table. She’ll remove the bullets John Wayne style without anaesthetic. Ed will numb their pain with whisky he’s smuggled from the Rovers and a stick from the builder’s yard to bite on. Son Michael will be her assistant and will perform CPR as required.

Clawdy Mon 07-Nov-22 14:57:41

I really don't see why Summer would be so keen to help an abusive, cruel man into rehab. If he was a gentle amiable guy struggling with addiction, it would be more understandable.

Calendargirl Mon 07-Nov-22 20:31:16

Apart from pulling his trousers up, I really think Max should have washed his hands before handling any food in Speed Dahl. But no, as usual, in the pub, cafe, bistro, wherever, staff just dash in and start serving immediately.

Poor Max, how is he supposed to know what to do?

Has anyone actually shown him how to do his waiting job?

NotTooOld Mon 07-Nov-22 21:09:31

Whatever was Shona doing talking to Lauren like that? Shona exhibits very weird behaviour sometimes. Does she still suffer from that strange disease she was diagnosed with ages ago? I can't remember what it was called but it made her say inappropriate things.

Doodledog Mon 07-Nov-22 22:16:09

She was brain damaged in a shootout with that bloke who's in jail now (played by Will Mellor). I don't think she was supposed to get better, so they can get her to say inappropriate things when it suits the plot, I suppose.

NotTooOld Mon 07-Nov-22 22:29:33

Ah, so that's why. Thanks, doodle. Tracey was good as the abandoned mum tonight, wasn't she? I like Amy's boyfriend, can't remember his name. What has happened to Steve? I know he's supposed to be in Spain but I imagine he's really got time off from the cobbles for some other project.

Who had the flat before the four teenagers took it on? I feel I've been there before but can't remember with whom.

It's not real, you say? Are you sure? grin

Doodledog Mon 07-Nov-22 23:57:25

Amy has grown into a lovely-looking young woman. She was such a surly child. Her boyfriend has improved, too - he was a baddie at first, wasn't he? Corrie is brilliant at rehabilitating the most unpromising of characters - a few weeks on the cobbles and they all seem to mellow very convincingly.

I've seen an ad for Steve being in some sort of 'talent' show - I can't remember what it was but it looked dreadful. Something about drag, I think. Anyway, he'll be in that for a few weeks at least, I guess.

vegansrock Tue 08-Nov-22 05:53:36

I thought Summer was leaving the series,now it seems like she’s in it for a looong and boring/ improbable storyline. They now seem to have too many staff in Speed Dahl. Why does every character pour out all their private woes in earshot of everyone else in the Cafe or Rovers? Has Hope been groomed by the author ? I’m not sure where that story is going.

BlueBelle Tue 08-Nov-22 07:25:20

Well jenny seems to have forgotten Leo ever existed
Is the body ever going to come to light
Max is a good actor he’s believable unlike the missing Jack Has that family gone on a long holiday? The baby will be at school soon

vegansrock Tue 08-Nov-22 07:40:11

I’m guessing the missing body will come to light in the Christmas special. Very festive.

Calendargirl Tue 08-Nov-22 07:49:15

The Summer storyline is just daft.

Does she think she will fool Billy and co with a baggy jumper?

And if she plans on telling them, why not now? It will look very odd in 7 months when childless Esther and her DH rock up to church and want Billy to baptise the infant.

Doodledog Tue 08-Nov-22 09:44:22

If Summer is leaving, she could run away rather than give up the baby, then reappear with a different head in a few years time, when the scriptwriters need a child character.

Doodledog Tue 08-Nov-22 09:46:45

BlueBelle

Well jenny seems to have forgotten Leo ever existed
Is the body ever going to come to light
Max is a good actor he’s believable unlike the missing Jack Has that family gone on a long holiday? The baby will be at school soon

Agreed. Usually the child actors are pretty awful, but Max is really quite good. I hope he doesn't go to the bad with the Neo Nazis.

And you're right that Jenny has got over the loss of Leo remarkably quickly. She never seemed particularly well-adjusted, but clearly there has been a self-reliant and grounded woman underneath the flaky facade.

NotTooOld Tue 08-Nov-22 22:15:10

It must be me. I can't tell what Max says. Luckily I take delivery of some hearing aids next week. Yes, Leo, what has happened to the body? Wasn't his father going over to Canada to find him or did I make that up?

Calendargirl Wed 09-Nov-22 07:23:36

Leo’s dad was going to go to Canada NotTooOld but nasty Stephen talked him out of it. Think he implied it might not look well in his new job if he had problems back home.

So of course, dad agreed and didn’t go.

Rosina Wed 09-Nov-22 08:29:54

Wherever Leo is must be getting a bit grim by now....I can only recall Steven (aged about sixty and not looking too fit) managing to haul the dead weight into the back of the Underworld truck - another poster mentioned a wheelie bin. Perhaps I went into a mini coma and missed that.

Doodledog Wed 09-Nov-22 08:35:26

How old are they all supposed to be? I remember Gail having a significant birthday ages ago, and realised that she is older than me (I am 63). Steven is her older brother, so he's what? 65 at least, which must make Audrey 85ish?

Grannynannywanny Wed 09-Nov-22 08:39:30

It seems so long ago I’ve almost forgotten the details. But didn’t he fall from the scaffolding and land inside a large commercial wheelie bin? Then Stephen hauled him from there into the factory van.

Doodledog Wed 09-Nov-22 08:46:55

The vans must get used pretty much every day, surely? Some poor unsuspecting customer or driver would have found him by now. As Rosina says, it must be a bit pongy in there by now.

Grannynannywanny Wed 09-Nov-22 09:15:03

I assumed he’d used the van to transport the body to wherever he disposed of it. Where was he when he was burning clothes and documents? I couldn’t figure out that part.

Didn’t hapless Michael Bailey appear on the scene later to use the factory bin and the ever loitering Stephen helped him push it back to its rightful place. I wondered at the time if Michael’s DNA would be found on the bin and he’d be incriminated. Stephen could justify his DNA being on the bin as he helped to move it.

We really need Craig to set about solving this mystery. He’s not been around for a while and his workload is building up in the street.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion