Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

The Split

(63 Posts)
Diggingdoris Wed 06-Apr-22 12:03:20

Wow what an emotional start to this series! I know the other episodes are available on iplayer but I'm trying to resist watching them as I enjoy the anticipation of waiting for next week's programme.
What do you all do with a series?

Grandmadinosaur Tue 03-May-22 14:35:22

I thought so too Esspee

Esspee Tue 03-May-22 13:56:23

It is an excellent series and the last episode, while tying up all the story lines, also left the possibility of further series.
We don’t have the patience to watch one episode a week if we enjoy it.

Grandmadinosaur Tue 03-May-22 13:41:43

Currently watching the last episode. I’m going on holiday on Thursday and can’t miss the last episode and take the chance of finding out the ending from spoilers.
I agree best drama for ages.

MayBee70 Tue 03-May-22 13:39:00

I haven’t watched any of it but it has been recommended by several people. Trouble is I end up binge watching things and they tend to take over my life.

bevisp1 Tue 03-May-22 13:21:54

Absolutely love it, though this series is a lot more serious and sad…

Sparklefizz Tue 03-May-22 13:03:16

SPOILER
Christie said his 1st marriage broke up because he didn't want children, so it would never work, plus Hannah is enmeshed with her sisters and mum.

But I don't like the way Hannah has treated Nathan. I know he made a mistake himself, but Hannah slept with Christie the night before her wedding!!! And "played with fire" with him throughout Series 2.

I'd have Nathan in a flash!! smile

Curlywhirly Tue 03-May-22 13:01:17

Sorry, just re-read your post- no further series! What a shame.

Curlywhirly Tue 03-May-22 13:00:23

Charleygirl5

Curlywhirly last night was not the last episode, there is the very last next Monday on the 9th and it has been stated there will not be another series.

Thanks for that.
Well that's a relief! Don't know why I thought it was the last episode- no wonder I didn't like the 'ending'! Looking forward to next week's episode and really pleased that there will be another series.

Pepper59 Tue 03-May-22 11:05:37

SPOILER: Charleygirl, thank you for this. I didn't know there was another episode on the 9th. The Split really has been a wonderful series. Very human stories. Like Gagajo, I think if Kate had not been pregnant, Nathan and Hannah would have got back together. The other thing that was interesting, during Hannah and Christie's time together and he is talking about them staying in New York. Not once did he mention Hannah's children. Did he seriously think she could just swan off to the US for a new life and it was just going to be the two of them? Hannah was very family orientated. Like others I found it a bit OTT sentimentality wise, but, in the main I loved this. Well acted and well written. Characters you really cared about.

Sparklefizz Tue 03-May-22 10:43:40

I'm not happy with the ending and would like another series!!!! smile

Charleygirl5 Tue 03-May-22 10:42:22

Curlywhirly last night was not the last episode, there is the very last next Monday on the 9th and it has been stated there will not be another series.

Curlywhirly Tue 03-May-22 07:19:03

Watched the last episode last night - really enjoyed the series, but not the ending! Hope there's another series.

Harris27 Wed 27-Apr-22 20:18:57

Best bbc drama in ages.

Jaxjacky Wed 27-Apr-22 20:03:49

Hope not GagaJo we’ll be watching this weeks episode about 9 tonight.

GagaJo Wed 27-Apr-22 19:16:40

It's on BBC iPlayer? I thought it had finished.

varian Wed 27-Apr-22 18:44:56

I did start m,y first post with "spoiler alert" to ward off further reading by those who want to watch at a later date.

eazybee Wed 27-Apr-22 13:25:37

I do wish people would not discuss a series they have binge-watched before the final episode is available on the normal channel.

GagaJo Wed 27-Apr-22 10:06:16

Me too. It seemed logical. I felt his new GF tricked/trapped him into the new baby. If it hadn't been for that, they'd have got back together.

mumofmadboys Wed 27-Apr-22 04:26:17

I wanted Hannah to get back with Nathan.

Urmstongran Mon 25-Apr-22 08:40:06

I think when Xander said he was taking time out and handing over the practice to Hannah, it would have made sense for her to ask Christy to come back to London.

She did suggest this to him varian I seem to recall. I think she left a voicemail message, pretty much saying “if you want to live over here the ball’s in your court”.?

varian Mon 25-Apr-22 08:34:22

In The Spilt they held a wedding reception with guests sitting at tables in the churchyard. I can't imagine that ever happening here. Does that actually happen in London?

varian Mon 25-Apr-22 08:26:39

I live in a very rural area .which is quite different. When we came here in the seventies one of the first friends we made was married to our GP and their children were literally the only mixed race children in the primary school. Even now there are very few non white local residents.

BlueBelle Mon 25-Apr-22 08:18:28

I was in the only mixed race relationship where I was living in 1964 it was VERY tough then but now it’s very normal
( thankfully) in fact so normal I hadn’t noticed them in this drama to the same extent you had Varian where on earth do you live ?

GagaJo Mon 25-Apr-22 08:06:54

It reflects life where I live in the far NE too. Mixed relationships are standard.

varian Mon 25-Apr-22 05:49:13

I think that may reflect life in London and the fact no one remarked on it was a mark of the change over our lifetimes. We have come a long way since the film "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner" with Sidney Poitier.