Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

The Split

(62 Posts)
Diggingdoris Wed 06-Apr-22 12:03:20

Wow what an emotional start to this series! I know the other episodes are available on iplayer but I'm trying to resist watching them as I enjoy the anticipation of waiting for next week's programme.
What do you all do with a series?

Jane43 Wed 06-Apr-22 12:09:09

I usually watch a series in full if it is available, especially if the plot is complicated or if there are a lot of characters. I was so engrossed in The Split that I watched the next episode and will probably watch another one this evening. I believe it is the last series which is a shame as it is such a good drama.

Pudding123 Wed 06-Apr-22 12:12:08

I watched 3 episodes of this but is it me or do they all mumble especially Nichola Walker?

TerriBull Wed 06-Apr-22 12:30:57

I shed a tear so ? I do like The Split, I'm not going to rush it, there are so few series I enjoy.

H1954 Wed 06-Apr-22 12:40:49

I had a lump in my throat too, James was so looking forward to adopting. However, I do agree with Pudding, the characters do mumble at times which can be annoying to say the least. So far resisted the temptation to watch further episodes on iPlayer as I'm watching Kavanagh QC on BritBox.

Kalu Wed 06-Apr-22 12:54:10

Really enjoyed The Split. One of those series I wished I hadn’t yet watched yet.

Kalu Wed 06-Apr-22 12:54:55

Too many yets!

Kim19 Wed 06-Apr-22 13:00:37

I'm doing an episode a night. 5 tonight. Terrific script witu

Kim19 Wed 06-Apr-22 13:03:04

with great acting. The separate plots move at such a pace that I have to stay alert (and that's not easy!). Great stuff!

Polly73 Wed 06-Apr-22 13:12:05

I think it’s a great series - watched 3/6 so far - trying to resist the rest! I like most of the actors - especially Stephen Mangan! Some interesting story lines too. Really enjoyable TV

Jaxjacky Wed 06-Apr-22 13:21:20

We’ll just watch it week on week, rarely binge watch, really enjoyed it last night, didn’t notice any mumbling though.

gulligranny Sat 09-Apr-22 11:33:34

We binge-watched Series 1 & 2 so that we were ready for Series 3. We've watched 2 episodes and will probably watch another couple tonight.

I love this, it's so well written and acted, so involving. The clothes, the haircuts, the houses, the enormous wine glasses (are they specially made for tv, everyone seems to have them) - all add to the enjoyment, and I like all the characters. I'm sorry this will be the final series.

vegansrock Sat 09-Apr-22 15:17:32

Can anyone tell me what the name of the dark haired sister is and who is the baby’s father? I can’t remember though I have seen the first 2 series. And is the guy with the silvery beard the boyfriend or ex of the mum whose name I also can’t remember?

vegansrock Sat 09-Apr-22 15:18:40

And is the guy doing the babysitting a new boyfriend of the dark haired sister? Isn’t he engaged to someone else?

Atqui Sat 09-Apr-22 15:28:12

Isn’t the dark haired single mother “seeing” the fiancé of the the boss - in a same sex relationship ?

AGAA4 Sat 09-Apr-22 15:34:41

He is in a relationship with the boss Zander. What complicated lives they all have. I have watched the last episode now.

Polly73 Sat 09-Apr-22 15:55:25

vegansrock

Can anyone tell me what the name of the dark haired sister is and who is the baby’s father? I can’t remember though I have seen the first 2 series. And is the guy with the silvery beard the boyfriend or ex of the mum whose name I also can’t remember?

Nina (the actress is Annabel Scholey) was pregnant at the end of series 2, after an affair with Tyler (the gay partner of Xander’s) and now has had her baby.
Christie is the suave silver bearded one - he and Hannah (Nicola Walker) were previously together and he still holds a candle for her.

Atqui Sat 09-Apr-22 18:15:23

Ah thanks Polly . I didn’t realise it was his baby. It’s quite a while since the first series. Also, can someone tell me who the mother’ s partner is? I don’t think he’s the sisters ‘ father is he?
( Do try and keep up Atqui )

Grandmadinosaur Sat 09-Apr-22 18:45:38

No he’s isn’t the father of the sisters. If I remember right he’s an old boyfriend of the mother.
I’m currently watching the first episode again with DH as he was in hospital when it went out. I told him he needed to watch it before the next episode on Monday as I wasn’t missing it. He’s moaning it’s a bit depressing. I’ve told him it gets worse.
Apparently they’ve filmed 2 endings to the series. I’m thinking one where they get back together and one where they don’t.

Atqui Sat 09-Apr-22 18:54:50

My husband thought it was utterly depressing too!

GagaJo Fri 15-Apr-22 17:16:52

I've just finished all 3 series. I loved them and was very sad at the ending. It felt a bit unrealistic to me. I would like to have seen some new beginnings, rather than ending on the hint of them.

No fourth series to come.

Polly73 Fri 15-Apr-22 17:32:33

They seem to be definitely saying it’s the last series, but it seemed to me to end with quite a few cliff hangers. Maybe there’ll be spin off series?

Sparklefizz Fri 15-Apr-22 17:42:50

I know it's been said it's the last series but there's plenty to carry on with for series 4.

mumofmadboys Fri 15-Apr-22 17:43:55

I saw all 6 episodes of the current series in about 4 days while I was laid up with covid. Loved it!

GagaJo Fri 15-Apr-22 17:47:08

mumofmadboys

I saw all 6 episodes of the current series in about 4 days while I was laid up with covid. Loved it!

Oh me too! I started series one when we had covid and raced through all of them.

Interesting to hear they filmed two endings. I think they picked the wrong one! I had that definite feeling you get at the end of a book, when it isn't the end and really ought to continue.