Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Everly brothers

(13 Posts)
silverlining48 Fri 29-Apr-22 17:53:20

For those who may be fans of Don and Phil ( and I know there is at least one other fan) bbc4 is showing the 1983 reunion concert and their soaring harmonies from 9.50 tonight.

crazyH Fri 29-Apr-22 17:55:17

Thanks *silver lining*….I just love them

Esspee Fri 29-Apr-22 17:58:03

Thank you.

silverlining48 Fri 29-Apr-22 18:02:00

As i was typing Everly the pointless programme mentioned them, but they were not pointless ( but only just). There’s a coincidence,
The reunion concert was brilliant. Enjoy

dolphindaisy Fri 29-Apr-22 18:20:19

Loved The Every Brothers,. Recorded The Reunion Concert years ago and never tire of watching it. I was lucky enough to see them live a couple of times, fantastic show with no gimmicks just beautiful voices in harmony Will certainly watch the documentary tonight .

baubles Fri 29-Apr-22 18:25:36

Thank you silverlining, I didn’t know about this but coincidentally this morning I was feeling a little nostalgic and played their music for a while.

Calendargirl Fri 29-Apr-22 18:36:16

‘Harmonies From Heaven’- was there ever a more apt title?

Their gorgeous voices harmonising together.

Will never be bettered.

Trisha57 Fri 29-Apr-22 18:49:45

Little story: when my first DD was born, we had decided on the name long beforehand, which was Louise. The morning after she was born, my DH turned on the radio and the song that was playing was "Louise" by Phil Everly. Coincidence or what?!! We've always loved the Everly Brothers, so thanks for the heads up silverlining

silverlining48 Fri 29-Apr-22 19:01:52

We have just bought tickets fir a Walk right Back tour in June. Really looking forward to it.
I heard a clip of some songs and I could not tell it that wasn’t Don and Phil. Not sure they look similar but they certainly sound like the real McCoy.
I first saw them in 1964 in London. ( when I was chatted up by a new band called Rolling Stones) then twice at the Albert Hall, then Brighton and finally in a club in Essex in the 90 s when they were much older but they could still soar and Never disappointed.

lemsip Fri 29-Apr-22 19:29:41

oh thanks, I shall enjoy that.

Jane43 Fri 29-Apr-22 19:29:56

Thanks for this Karin. I was there at the Albert Hall as well, I had just turned 40, where do the years go? I don’t know of this bit is included but when they sang Down In The Willow Garden and the bit where Rose Connelly speaks her dying words Phil said, ‘Mine asked for my wallet’. Could have been ‘check book’ but it was very funny and a reminder that they had seven wives between them and many more girlfriends. With those looks it was hardly surprising.

Jane43 Fri 29-Apr-22 19:31:21

I forgot to add, I still have the programme and also one from 1993 when we saw them again.

SueDonim Fri 29-Apr-22 20:26:11

Oh, thank you! smile