Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Murder in the Alps

(38 Posts)
Glorianny Tue 28-Jun-22 20:12:03

Is anyone watching this documentary on 4. Last episode tonight. I remember the case- family shot in the Alps but the details are extraordinary. The complications just keep building. Apparently the case has never been solved. A case when a real life mystery is bigger than any fictional case.

Joseanne Thu 30-Jun-22 14:37:28

It's an interesting documentary grandetanteJE65 if you can find it to watch.
I am equally critical of "our police" when they appear to have made a misjudged decision or messed up. I think that the Met got it badly wrong in the case of the shooting of Jean Charles Meneses for example.

Sparklefizz Thu 30-Jun-22 15:05:39

I have just caught up with all 3 episodes and it's absolutely intriguing and like someone said above, it leaves a number of loose ends.

Why did Ikbal, who was living as Kelly in the US, suddenly say she had to leave. I did wonder if she was a "sleeper spy". Did she marry Saad bigamously in this country? It seems the FBI were watching her. Why?

What about all that money in the Swiss bank account in the father's name?

Why was Saad beaten up when he and Ikbal went to Baghdad for a visit? And why would they go there when his family had to leave in a hurry years ago because of his father's business?

Why would Saad take all those financial documents, a copy of the will and various hard drives etc on holiday in the caravan? Who does that? And why did he change the locks on his house after the fight with his brother Zaid, and keep a taser gun in the house? Surely he had no right to exclude his brother as they were both left the property by the father?

Zaid said there had been no disagreement whatsoever, but that turned out to be a lie.

So many unanswered questions.

maddyone Thu 30-Jun-22 17:46:54

Yes indeed, there are many unanswered questions. However after watching the documentary I remain convinced that the poor quality of the French investigation has resulted in many of these questions remaining unanswered. I suspect they never will be answered now.

Glorianny Thu 30-Jun-22 22:28:38

There were also those phone calls to Romania that the police blamed Zaid for but it turned out they were made by his brother!

laurent Thu 07-Jul-22 22:49:29

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

marshray Thu 06-Oct-22 23:08:18

caylakling Fri 09-Dec-22 06:09:28

Micah Tue 03-Jan-23 14:55:46

Thanks for such an interesting information.

Micah Tue 03-Jan-23 15:00:48

salmawisoky Tue 30-May-23 12:53:02

Jaxjacky Tue 30-May-23 13:40:16

Reported the above posts.

FannyCornforth Tue 30-May-23 13:46:13

Blimey! What a spam magnet!