Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Murder in the Alps

(37 Posts)
Sparklefizz Wed 29-Jun-22 19:40:57

By killing the family in the car, this took attention away from him

Surely you wouldn't kill a whole family, including trying to kill a child, in order to do that? What sort of monster would do that just as a diversion?

I think it was the brother.

Dottydots Wed 29-Jun-22 19:05:40

Yes, I too believe the cyclist was the real target as his girlfriend's rich family didn't approve of him. By killing the family in the car, this took attention away from him.

Georgesgran Wed 29-Jun-22 18:04:40

I only saw a small bit of the programme, but wonder what an expert would’ve made of the brother’s body language.
I watched a similar programme on the Philpotts and all the ‘giveaways’ were so obvious, when shown and explained.

Sparklefizz Wed 29-Jun-22 17:49:44

I can't find episode 2 on More 4. Just episodes 1 and 3.
Anyone else?

henetha Wed 29-Jun-22 10:04:02

Yes, I wondered what has happened to the two girls too. I hope they managed to recover from losing their parents in such a terrible way and are now happy.
This was a fascinating series and there were so many mistakes made that it's not surprising that the real culprit has never been found. Perhaps one day the mystery will be solved. I hope so.

Glorianny Wed 29-Jun-22 09:59:51

So it might have been the cyclist who was the real target! What a complete mess. I hope those 2 girls have managed to live a relatively happy, normal life.

maddyone Tue 28-Jun-22 22:32:30

Not to mention the discovery of the missing passports in Saad’s pocket years later beggars belief.

maddyone Tue 28-Jun-22 22:31:01

My own experience of the French police (reporting a break in into our car) didn’t inspire any confidence in them. I think the British policeman’s theory that the French made mistakes in their treatment of the crime scene at the beginning ( how on earth did a four year old hiding under a dress manage to be undiscovered for eight hours?) and his description of the almost total lack of enquiries into the cyclist who was shot as it was simply assumed he was collateral damage is enlightening.

Joseanne Tue 28-Jun-22 22:08:51

I think it all gets problematic for the British police investigation when these things happen abroad. Not just the language, but the different approaches and reluctance to share important information.
Like the Pleine-Fougères youth hostel murder etc.

Glorianny Tue 28-Jun-22 20:36:08

But the American former husband who dropped dead on the same day they were killed worried me. Too much of a coincidence?

ixion Tue 28-Jun-22 20:17:11

We are and enjoying it immensely.
My money's on the brother (via a hit man) feeling aggrieved over the inheritance!

Glorianny Tue 28-Jun-22 20:12:03

Is anyone watching this documentary on 4. Last episode tonight. I remember the case- family shot in the Alps but the details are extraordinary. The complications just keep building. Apparently the case has never been solved. A case when a real life mystery is bigger than any fictional case.