Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Strictly Starts Tonight

(1001 Posts)
Sparklefizz Fri 23-Sep-22 09:25:27

Last week's postponed Strictly is on tonight at 7pm. Apparently Rose & Giovanni will be reprising their winning routine.

kittylester Sun 02-Oct-22 20:11:12

There was no joy in Matt Goss's dancing so I would have kept Kaye.

Didn't spot the jacket thing but I love that song and have a soft spot for Robbiw Williams so really enjoyed it.

Joseanne Sun 02-Oct-22 20:12:43

Both in the dance off looked unsure of their steps. And a bit disinterested.

Sparklefizz Sun 02-Oct-22 20:12:53

Tony, the football man, is at least entertaining. Matt is wooden and even with an iconic track like "Saturday Night Fever, he couldn't walk in time.

Wish Kay had got through.

Casdon Sun 02-Oct-22 20:18:25

I thought they were both poor, Matt will probably go next week. I enjoyed Tony’s dance last night, he’s trying so hard that I was glad he wasn’t in the dance off.

Sara1954 Sun 02-Oct-22 20:19:16

Callistemon
True, he might, it wouldn’t be the first time.
At least he’s entertaining, Matt was pretty wooden, even I could dance to Saturday Night Fever.

Millie22 Sun 02-Oct-22 20:20:13

I really like Robbie Williams. I think his jacket was meant to be a bit like that.

Kaye looked like she didn't want to dance again and made lots of mistakes.

Callistemon21 Sun 02-Oct-22 20:22:03

Kaye was very clunky (imo, I'm no expert).

ginny Sun 02-Oct-22 20:25:51

Tony should have gone.
We preferred Kay to Matt .

lixy Sun 02-Oct-22 20:25:54

Thought Matt was marginally better in the dance off, though I prefer Kaye as a personality.

I'm very impressed by Tyler as he ran the London Marathon today - I'd like some of his stamina!

Sara1954 Sun 02-Oct-22 20:32:13

Matt seems a bit out of it, definitely lacking charisma.

Callistemon21 Sun 02-Oct-22 20:32:55

ginny

Tony should have gone.
We preferred Kay to Matt .

The public vote isn't always about the dancing.

After all, how many of are experts?

ginny Sun 02-Oct-22 21:03:09

I understand that Callistermon21 but it still annoys me and I’d rather watch good dancers on a dancing programme .

gillgran Sun 02-Oct-22 21:58:32

Just managed to watch on BBC iplayer, (after watching F1 Grand Prix!), I would have saved Kay, (I'm a Kai fan). I thought Matt was a bit wooden.
I must be so out of date, I was distracted by Robbie Williams wonky jacket!!
Good to see Neil Jones dancing during RW's singing. Also he & all the pro-dancers in the pro-dance at the beginning.
I look forward to next weekend.

Sara1954 Sun 02-Oct-22 22:21:28

My granddaughter and I both very sad to see Kai go, he’s so sweet.

Hellogirl1 Sun 02-Oct-22 23:20:59

I`m not a Robbie Williams fan at all, but even I thought he was pathetic tonight. And that jacket looked plain daft!

DanniRae Mon 03-Oct-22 07:38:09

We didn't enjoy Robbie Williams' voice or his song last night hmm
Did enjoy the show however and sorry to see Kay going out. It should have been Matt shock

Gingster Mon 03-Oct-22 07:53:36

Yes Robbie wasn’t good last night.
I watched some of his show on Saturday evening which was so good. He must have had an off day!

Grannynannywanny Mon 03-Oct-22 08:01:37

I’m disappointed to see Kay gone. I was looking forward to seeing her continue to make an improvement over the next few weeks. Kay and Matt both made mistakes in the dance off but I think Kay’s performance had the edge.

joannapiano Mon 03-Oct-22 08:32:14

I think the whole of the North Bank of the Arsenal probably voted for Tony Adams!

lemsip Mon 03-Oct-22 08:51:36

i think kaye didn't want to do it in the first place but all the 'loose women team have done something and it was her turn. she got it over quickly by not trying in the dance off....... matt was rubbish though

eazybee Mon 03-Oct-22 09:40:48

Of the three bottom couples from Saturday night, I thought Kay and Kai had the most potential to improve, but i suppose would probably have lasted only a few more weeks.
I really dislike the protracted announcing of the results, spun out for the ultimate distress.

annodomini Mon 03-Oct-22 09:59:31

Kay's footwork in the dance-off looked tired. Her legs seemed floppy. I think she was tired and might be relieved to have been eliminated. Matt may be a musician, but his body doesn't respond to the beat.

Calendargirl Mon 03-Oct-22 10:24:16

I think that many of the ones eliminated early might be secretly relieved, but feel bound to rave about the ‘amazing’ experience.

Grannynannywanny Mon 03-Oct-22 10:35:45

Kay looked very uncomfortable in the launch show and I thought she’ll surely be the first to go. But I was surprised to see how much she’d improved by the time she danced her tango and I was willing her on to keep improving. I’m disappointed she didn’t get the chance to stay for another few weeks. I really like Kai. Perhaps Kay is secretly relieved to escape but it’ll be disappointing for him.

Sparklefizz Mon 03-Oct-22 11:03:41

I read that the celebs get paid more the longer they can stay in the competition.

I like Robbie Williams usually but last night his voice sounded very nasal and I wondered if he had a cold.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion