Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Tv last night David Tennant ‘Jnside man’

(75 Posts)
Gingster Tue 27-Sep-22 08:09:15

What did you think of it?
A bit different and had to keep alert but enjoyed it and will keep watching. I love DT and Stanley Tucci.

Ladyleftfieldlover Tue 27-Sep-22 20:43:25

Aveline

I quite enjoyed it. The Stanley Tucci side was VG.
Re the $253 stuff it was a play in words re 'therapist' and 'the rapist'.

Thanks Adeline. My excuse for being muddled was that the holiday barn television has a strange volume control.

Deedaa Tue 27-Sep-22 20:44:29

I'm enjoying it. David Tennant and Stanley Tucci - what's not to like? It'll keep me going until Stanley's next Italian series starts. With Stephen Moffat it's obviously going to be weird.

Sarah74 Tue 27-Sep-22 21:05:09

It’s bonkers!

Farzanah Tue 27-Sep-22 21:09:09

I quite like dark humour but this just doesn’t cut it for me. Watched the first episode & love Stanley Tucci but David Tennant….. miscast. Life too short to spend time on another episode of nonsense.

Jaxjacky Tue 27-Sep-22 22:03:29

Worth watching tonight, an intriguing puzzle.

Zoejory Tue 27-Sep-22 22:10:02

Just absurd. No idea why we're still watching.

As if a vicar would have such a ludicrous idea and then put it into action.

The storyline with Tucci is OK but the David Tennant one is baffling.

Doodledog Tue 27-Sep-22 22:12:24

Yes, I'm inclined to agree, Zoejory. The Tucci plot is interesting - a bit OTT, but still good - but the Tennant one is too far-fetched even for surrealism.

BigBertha1 Tue 27-Sep-22 22:26:01

Just finished the second episode and I felt rather nauseous...can't explain why something to do with the strange woman in the cellar.

muse Wed 28-Sep-22 23:31:13

Stephan Moffat at his best. Masses of credit from me for what he did for Dr Who and Sherlock,. Inside Man is a dark but funny mystery.

Love the first two episodes and yes, I too am taking Tennant's story line with a pinch of salt but I'm hooked. Dolly Wells, who plays Janice, is brilliant.

Two more episodes to go. Can't wait.

henetha Wed 28-Sep-22 23:37:28

I'm liking it. Find it strange but intriguing and I like the actors .
Can't wait to see what happens next week.

Redhead56 Thu 29-Sep-22 09:23:28

It’s a bizarre story line I admit but there isn’t much else to watch so I will watch it to the end.

Glorianny Sat 01-Oct-22 20:33:19

Very watchable but rubbish. Investigative journalist is traumatised by a man on the tube but is prepared to interview two men on death row??!!!
Whole problem could have been solved if they had told the woman if she went to the police they would say the flash drive was hers. She tutors children!

HowVeryDareYou Sun 02-Oct-22 22:05:01

It was one of the most ridiculous programmes I've ever watched. A vicar would never behave like that, we didn't get to know what happened to the Maths tutor, and I couldn't understand the need for the prison connection.

Sarah74 Mon 03-Oct-22 22:14:17

Just watched Episode 3! It’s still bonkers!

Sago Tue 04-Oct-22 08:34:17

Utter tosh, gave up very quickly, very surprised David Tennanr agreed to this.

MerylStreep Tue 04-Oct-22 08:41:20

It’s so bonkers that I have to keep watching.
I’m puzzled as to why all episodes aren’t on iplayer as they normally are.

Sarah74 Tue 04-Oct-22 08:49:59

I can’t imagine how it’s all going to end?!

Prentice Tue 04-Oct-22 10:17:41

Doodledog

Yes, I'm inclined to agree, Zoejory. The Tucci plot is interesting - a bit OTT, but still good - but the Tennant one is too far-fetched even for surrealism.

Agreed.
All that needed to happen really, in the study of the vicar, was to get rid of the evidence quickly, tell the tutor and the son the truth, and if the tutor didn’t like it show her the door.
Without any evidence the whole episode could have been denied to the police.Still, there would not be a drama if people acted in a sensible way.
The parts in the American prison are very watchable, if also far fetched.

Lovetopaint037 Tue 04-Oct-22 11:00:17

I actually became bored by the lack of reality.

Jaxjacky Tue 04-Oct-22 11:12:27

We’re enjoying it whilst acknowledging its fiction.

Babs758 Tue 04-Oct-22 13:10:29

Us too Ajax!

Sarah74 Tue 04-Oct-22 21:58:39

Quite some ending!!!

BigBertha1 Tue 04-Oct-22 22:31:18

Well the whole thing became a farce. It stopped me from falling asleep in front of the TV as I worried about the boy so I may get a better night sleep as I haven't had a nap today.

madeleine45 Tue 04-Oct-22 22:40:32

What a rubbish ending for this . David Tennant is very good and am usually pleased to watch him in anything , but what a waste of his skill.! It felt as if the writer had suddenly got fed up with any twists and just wanted to finish as quickly as possible. Wont comment on specifics if there are people who have not watched the last part but can only say it was very disappointing as far as I am concerned

Ladyleftfieldlover Tue 04-Oct-22 22:40:37

Well I enjoyed it. Strange, but I like strange.