Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

I'm a celebrity

(1001 Posts)
BlueBelle Mon 07-Nov-22 10:21:51

I can’t see another thread so apologies if there is
After years of not bothering with “I m a celebrity get me out of here” I decided to have a look as I like Boy George
And I have to say I m in now so will need to keep watching this ridiculously daft programme even if it’s just to combat the depressing days
Anyway what do you all think ?

Kate1949 Sun 20-Nov-22 13:00:46

Matt strikes me as someone who is used to others doing things like emptying bowls for him.

FannyCornforth Sun 20-Nov-22 13:03:43

Hi Galaxy, Olivia sold her story to the Mail on Sunday last week.
She was dangerously anaemic and had to have an infusion (I think, I only scanned the first couple of paragraphs). But it was definitely anaemia based

Joseanne Sun 20-Nov-22 13:04:09

I don't think we really know why Olivia left Galaxy other than anaemia?

Joseanne Sun 20-Nov-22 13:04:24

X post

FannyCornforth Sun 20-Nov-22 13:05:56

www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11419833/amp/Olivia-Attwood-reveals-REALLY-left-Im-Celeb-tomorrows-Mail-Sunday.html

Galaxy Sun 20-Nov-22 13:11:18

Thanks everyone smile

Cressida Sun 20-Nov-22 13:45:10

Hopefully it will be Sue leaving tonight. She seems to have had a very easy time of it.

Apparently she gets taken back to camp in a crew buggy and Boy George had a strop because the crew refused him a ride.

Chestnut Sun 20-Nov-22 14:25:59

How to Bookmark
Just a reminder you can bookmark the last post you read so you can return to it without searching. Just hover over the right of the post and you will see the word 'Bookmark'. Very useful to help you find your place on a long thread like this.

Callistemon21 Sun 20-Nov-22 15:25:38

FannyCornforth

Hi Galaxy, Olivia sold her story to the Mail on Sunday last week.
She was dangerously anaemic and had to have an infusion (I think, I only scanned the first couple of paragraphs). But it was definitely anaemia based

I hope she's ok and recovered.

However, I wasn't keen on her and hoped she wouldn't be a role model for young girls with her Botox and pumped up lips.

Chestnut Sun 20-Nov-22 16:34:16

I've been wondering........the jungle waterfall shower is not exactly ideal. How do they wash their cracks and crevices? Do they have a private shower somewhere else where they can strip down?

Callistemon21 Sun 20-Nov-22 16:46:03

It all seems so constructed and artificial.

It's a set and it must be in the grounds of a resort as the rainforest itself is listed as a World Heritage site.

GrannyGravy13 Sun 20-Nov-22 16:51:30

It’s in Springbrook National Park, Murwillumbah, New South Wales.

Joseanne Sun 20-Nov-22 17:36:39

The contestants and their families won't be living in luxury after the show in that wonderful Versace Hotel at £1,000k per night. Apparently they are being put up in the Mariott at a cost of £250 per night. I used to like seeing the bedrooms in the Versace.
Cut backs.

Callistemon21 Sun 20-Nov-22 17:46:18

GrannyGravy13

It’s in Springbrook National Park, Murwillumbah, New South Wales.

Yes.
But the set is large, permanent and apparently
the camp and film studios in Dungay are permanent sets which were built on a disused banana plantation.

Callistemon21 Sun 20-Nov-22 17:57:41

SPOILER ALERT!

There has been criticism that the producers present the celebrities as living in a "dangerous" jungle, despite the fact that they are actually kept in a controlled environment, with some of the scenery being artificial, e.g. a pond and a small waterfall

I am relieved about that; I doubted that the set would encroach on the rainforest anyway.

GrannyGravy13 Sun 20-Nov-22 18:04:55

Just had a quick look at the Versace Hotel website, rooms are going for little as $263 per night including taxes.

The Marriott is more expensive.

I wonder if it’s to do with the Versace being sold to a Chinese Co.

GrannyGravy13 Sun 20-Nov-22 18:06:21

Callistemon21

SPOILER ALERT!

There has been criticism that the producers present the celebrities as living in a "dangerous" jungle, despite the fact that they are actually kept in a controlled environment, with some of the scenery being artificial, e.g. a pond and a small waterfall

I am relieved about that; I doubted that the set would encroach on the rainforest anyway.

We have been to that part of the rainforest several times and it is stunning. The humidity was uncomfortable at times but the scenery more than compensates.

Joseanne Sun 20-Nov-22 18:37:20

GrannyGravy13

Just had a quick look at the Versace Hotel website, rooms are going for little as $263 per night including taxes.

The Marriott is more expensive.

I wonder if it’s to do with the Versace being sold to a Chinese Co.

Sounds like a good deal. I'm tempted!

Grannynannywanny Sun 20-Nov-22 18:44:04

I read earlier that each contestant has one family member flown out business class at the expense of ITV to await their loved ones in the 5 star Marriott hotel. They are already in the hotel enjoying the hospitality.

Aveline Sun 20-Nov-22 18:47:10

Usually it's more than one family member

Cressida Sun 20-Nov-22 19:16:37

Google maps shows the studio

www.google.com/maps/@-28.2588619,153.3493808,97m/data=!3m1!1e3

Cressida Sun 20-Nov-22 19:23:52

Not sure the link posted correctly as it isn't all highlighted

Callistemon21 Sun 20-Nov-22 19:37:52

GrannyGravy13

Callistemon21

SPOILER ALERT!

We have been to that part of the rainforest several times and it is stunning. The humidity was uncomfortable at times but the scenery more than compensates.

I haven't been to that one but have visited others.

I'd like to go to Tamborine Mountain.

Sara1954 Sun 20-Nov-22 22:21:30

Oh no, not Scarlette !

Callistemon21 Sun 20-Nov-22 22:23:56

Well, that was unexpected!
😲

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion