Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

WATCHING ...Harry & Meghan Netflix

(1001 Posts)

GNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

Bea65 Thu 08-Dec-22 08:07:16

So have switched onto Netflix - wanted to see for myself what the 'fuss' is all about as many diverse opinions on this couple on here and other social platforms ...as well as the media with 'experts' who state this and that etc etc...

Boz Fri 16-Dec-22 12:26:38

So tired of that phrase 'disfunctional family'. Family life isn't perfect. Getting very dated now.

Chestnut Fri 16-Dec-22 12:23:36

If William shouted because he was sorrowful he needs some counselling on dealing with and communicating his feelings. However coming from the dysfunctional family he does I agree it might have been sorrow, unfortunately it isn't a good way to show such feelings, particularly when you are shouting at someone else. Perhaps he needs help

Oh for goodness sake, we only have H&M's words that he shouted and as they have told so many lies who knows what is true? Yet you assume it's true and William 'needs counselling' because he may have shouted? What nonsense. And 'coming from the dysfunctional family he does' well are they any more dysfunctional than any other family? More nonsense.

GagaJo Fri 16-Dec-22 12:23:15

Calendargirl

Don’t think the Queen Mother supported the abdicating King’s decision at the time.

No, I'm sure. From a comfortable life to being thrust into the eye of the storm.

Yammy Fri 16-Dec-22 11:59:52

volver

This makes no sense at all. You are a very unpleasant person Yammy.

Oh, I take lessons from you every time you post. Am I getting good at it? You are certainly an excellent teacher.

Casdon Fri 16-Dec-22 11:59:42

I have reported your post Yammy. There is no need to be so unpleasantly personal to any other poster however much you disagree with a posting style or points made.

volver Fri 16-Dec-22 11:46:48

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

Yammy Fri 16-Dec-22 11:40:27

Calendargirl Fri 16-Dec-22 11:37:25

Don’t think the Queen Mother supported the abdicating King’s decision at the time.

Calendargirl Fri 16-Dec-22 11:36:11

When ‘Harry and Meghan- A Royal Love Story’ is eventually filmed for the cinema, Meghan can play herself.

Not sure about casting for Harry. Maybe Damian Lewis?

GagaJo Fri 16-Dec-22 11:35:06

Glorianny

Honestly the vitriol on here about a woman who married into possibly the most dysfunctional family in the UK and found that in doing so she was expected not only to give up her career but to change her whole attitude to life, found she couldn't manage it and was profoundly unhappy and chose to get out. Like many others she wanted her husband to stay connected to his family, but they chucked both of them out, and blamed them both for leaving. So they sold their story.

As for Harry crying when William shouted at him, perhaps it wasn't fear but profound sorrow that the thing his mother most wanted for her sons-unity-was being systematically destroyed. But of course real men don't cry, they shout and bully.

Exactly Glorianny. I read an article this morning about the kindness the Duke of Windsor faced from his family, before he left the UK. A private dinner. A chat with his mum. A much more traumatic event. The abdication of a king, and yet his family supported his choice. Unlike Harry. I do feel for him.

'Edward's grief is clear throughout the eight-page handwritten letter. The ex-monarch begins by telling his mother he wanted to thank her "for all your understanding throughout these last trying days, and especially for your sweetness to me last night". The royal described how he and Mary spent time together "being able to bring dear Papa into our talk" before he abdicated the following day.'

www.express.co.uk/news/royal/1706486/edward-viii-abdication-letter-mother-spt

Glorianny Fri 16-Dec-22 11:34:18

Callistemon21

^Honestly the vitriol on here about^ a family who bent over backwards to their newest member, allocating her hand-picked staff to help her transition from seasoned actress and campaigner to Royal life where acting and campaigning experience would be most useful skills for the life ahead.

There are always two sides to every story, Glorianny, but we are only hearing one dramatised version.

Like many others she wanted her husband to stay connected to his family
You don't know that either. The track record with her own family might suggest otherwise but we don't know that for sure either.
We only know that Charles's public message to them was warm and loving.

As for Harry crying when William shouted at him, perhaps it wasn't fear but profound sorrow that the thing his mother most wanted for her sons-unity-was being systematically destroyed.

Perhaps
And perhaps William did shout (perhaps not) because he was profoundly sorrowful as he saw their loving relationship destroyed.

Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps.

But it didn't matter what they provided if she wasn't happy Callistemon surely the least we can expect for any woman is that they should be able to live and work happily? Or are we still in the age when women have to put up and shut up?

She is close to her mum who raised her. She isn't close to her father who sold his story, or her half sister who set up numerous twitter accounts to castigate her. She is still close to her niece who is estranged from that same person. So are you saying she has to accept all the bad things people do to her simply because they are family?

If William shouted because he was sorrowful he needs some counselling on dealing with and communicating his feelings. However coming from the dysfunctional family he does I agree it might have been sorrow, unfortunately it isn't a good way to show such feelings, particularly when you are shouting at someone else. Perhaps he needs help.

nadateturbe Fri 16-Dec-22 11:33:38

Your gran was wise AGAA4.

AGAA4 Fri 16-Dec-22 11:26:40

Crikey! What a long thread. I'm not a fan of the RF and I don't know H and M so neither like nor dislike them. My old gran would have said
"What a to do. Six of one half a dozen of the other."

Mollygo Fri 16-Dec-22 11:24:44

Oh boo hoo, cry me a river. 🥱
She had a choice. She chose.
It’s like getting a job and then finding it isn’t what you expect.
We don’t know anything really-we weren’t there, we don’t know them personally and any truth published on the media or in books, seems to depend on which side you support.
But . . .
Well done Glorianny for showing support for a female!👏👏

Chestnut Fri 16-Dec-22 11:06:15

Glorianny

Honestly the vitriol on here about a woman who married into possibly the most dysfunctional family in the UK and found that in doing so she was expected not only to give up her career but to change her whole attitude to life, found she couldn't manage it and was profoundly unhappy and chose to get out. Like many others she wanted her husband to stay connected to his family, but they chucked both of them out, and blamed them both for leaving. So they sold their story.

As for Harry crying when William shouted at him, perhaps it wasn't fear but profound sorrow that the thing his mother most wanted for her sons-unity-was being systematically destroyed. But of course real men don't cry, they shout and bully.

Oh boo hoo, cry me a river. 🥱

Callistemon21 Fri 16-Dec-22 10:58:35

Joseanne

😂😂😂

I began to wonder if you were a script-writer for Netflix, Glorianny!

Joseanne Fri 16-Dec-22 10:57:11

As for Harry crying when William shouted at him, perhaps it wasn't fear but profound sorrow that the thing his mother most wanted for her sons-unity-was being systematically destroyed.
Wow, slow down, Gloiranny, your book or film version will beat mine for the number 1 slot!

Callistemon21 Fri 16-Dec-22 10:54:25

Honestly the vitriol on here about a family who bent over backwards to their newest member, allocating her hand-picked staff to help her transition from seasoned actress and campaigner to Royal life where acting and campaigning experience would be most useful skills for the life ahead.

There are always two sides to every story, Glorianny, but we are only hearing one dramatised version.

Like many others she wanted her husband to stay connected to his family
You don't know that either. The track record with her own family might suggest otherwise but we don't know that for sure either.
We only know that Charles's public message to them was warm and loving.

Perhaps
And perhaps William did shout (perhaps not) because he was profoundly sorrowful as he saw their loving relationship destroyed.

Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps.

Glorianny Fri 16-Dec-22 10:46:41

Joseanne Fri 16-Dec-22 10:19:54

Lathyrus

I rather thought that concierge service at airports was what the rich pay for.

I’m willing to bet someone provides it for them now.

You can get it if you have an Amex Platinum card, Lathyrus. I'm not rich.

Callistemon21 Fri 16-Dec-22 10:11:24

MawtheMerrier

I too feel Meghan is putting her acting skills to good use, as for Harry, he is unrecognisable from the days of nights out with the lads or serving in Afghanistan. He claims he was “frightened” when William “ shouted and screamed at him”. Really?
Have these brothers never argued or fought as boys? His immaturity is frightening and makes one really suspect he is being manipulated by a stronger woman.
Rather like Edward and Wallis Simpson.

If he was frightened by William shouting at him, how did he manage find the -- balls-- strength of character to lead men in Afghanistan?

Or obey orders from the Sergeant Major when he was a cadet?

Lathyrus Fri 16-Dec-22 10:09:02

I rather thought that concierge service at airports was what the rich pay for.

I’m willing to bet someone provides it for them now.

Callistemon21 Fri 16-Dec-22 10:07:23

LauraNorderr

Does anyone else think that Trump styled his hair to look like Diana?

Yes!!

I think it was intentional 😀

volver Fri 16-Dec-22 09:52:25

Hello again Yammy. Haven't heard from you in a while..

May I suggest you find yourself a new message? The "closing down GN, people ignoring you, you have no life" thing is getting old.

Yammy Fri 16-Dec-22 09:46:32

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion