Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

The Archers

(138 Posts)
eGJ Sun 22-Jan-23 19:23:18

Anyone heard tonight’s episode? If not and you are a long time listener I advise you to listen on catch-up. No spoilers

Delila Sun 17-Mar-24 19:32:16

Oh no! That doesn’t sound like Robert at all, much too grumpy.

SeaWoozle Thu 22-Feb-24 21:42:55

Only ever hear snippets as my other half listens to it every night. Occasionally I'll ask him what's going on for a catch up, but I'm terrible with characters and usually give up! Hoping to catch up with Trevor Harrison this summer, though. Lovely fella 😁

Delila Thu 22-Feb-24 19:39:21

Harry (and his mother) are turning out to be toxic. Chris to the rescue?🤞🏼

eGJ Mon 10-Apr-23 16:43:08

Stefan came back and tried to blackmail Rob as he’d seen Rob with the corrugated plastic to direct the flood away from Barrow which resulted in the big flood of Ambridge. I think Rob paid him to go back to Poland.

gulligranny Mon 10-Apr-23 15:18:45

eGJ - ah, yes of course. I knew it was something to do with the culvert, but I don't remember Stefan reappearing.

NotSpaghetti Mon 10-Apr-23 12:44:08

Delila

Has anyone ever visited the Mustardland Archers forum? Many on there like to criticise and ridicule it, and were particularly scathing about the Helen/Rob storyline first time round. I thought it was very effective in drawing attention to coercive control, and well written and acted.

I think that it chunters along amiably for weeks on end with nothing much happening, and then produces something really interesting. Overall, I find it enjoyable.

I love mustardland! grin
Have been there for years.

eGJ Mon 10-Apr-23 12:11:12

I seem to remember that Rob blocked the culvert with plastic and metal ( not Scruff as we all thought!). Stefan knew and was sacked only to reappear years later. He did rescue Christine. Wasn’t it good to hear her referred to when Jennifer died as we know we won’t hear her speak again from The Laurels.
You are not alone merlot Pat and Tony should know and be alert. Natasha’s ambitions for Seren and Nova may well rebound!!

gulligranny Mon 10-Apr-23 11:49:23

The Rob reappearance might also help to solve the riddle of why he got away with murder during the Ambridge flood? Can't remember all the details but I seem to recall that Rob was possible hiding a body in the culvert but then achieved hero status by rescuing Christine from floodwater.

Or have I totally misremembered? It's quite a while ago now.

merlotgran Mon 10-Apr-23 09:55:31

Am I the only one who thinks that of all the people who need to know about Rob, Pat and Tony are top of the list? They have the boys a lot and wouldn’t hesitate to see him off if he turned up at the farm. Hellin needs to read Gransnet. We’re made of stern stuff!

I like the fact that there are a couple of sub plots that might rack up the tension...The Grey Gables ghost and the twins’ Agri-chemical advert.

Something good at last 🥳

Delila Sat 08-Apr-23 17:28:43

Has anyone ever visited the Mustardland Archers forum? Many on there like to criticise and ridicule it, and were particularly scathing about the Helen/Rob storyline first time round. I thought it was very effective in drawing attention to coercive control, and well written and acted.

I think that it chunters along amiably for weeks on end with nothing much happening, and then produces something really interesting. Overall, I find it enjoyable.

merlotgran Sat 08-Apr-23 13:23:53

DaisyAnne

Why do those who don't like The Archers stop listening? There must be something else you could do for those 13 minutes.

So glad the writers are showing the long-term effects of a case like Helen and Rob's.

Who dislikes it?

eGJ Sat 08-Apr-23 11:57:33

Good point DaisyAnne. The Archers were praised for their portrayal of domestic abuse and this will continue to highlight the fact it doesn’t just disappear when uncovered. It could be an interesting few months.

DaisyAnne Sat 08-Apr-23 11:52:06

Why do those who don't like The Archers stop listening? There must be something else you could do for those 13 minutes.

So glad the writers are showing the long-term effects of a case like Helen and Rob's.

Delila Sat 08-Apr-23 11:09:53

Something happening at last, thank goodness, but yes, there will be a very long build up.

merlotgran Sat 08-Apr-23 10:38:01

With Harrison on the case Rob’s reign of terror could run and run.

Chelsea will suss before he does.

Farzanah Sat 08-Apr-23 10:20:27

Yes Scribbles that’s exactly how a major plot line has played out in the past, sometimes over years, to keep interest going through the mundane.
However with new younger script writers, with impatience of youth 😀 it may not happen this time. Just have to watch this space!

eGJ Sat 08-Apr-23 09:48:08

🤣 Scribbles

Scribbles Sat 08-Apr-23 09:05:33

eGJ

He isn’t listed in the Radio Times in next week’s cast 😀

I don't expect him to appear for ages. It'll be a means to keep the tension going and there'll be ongoing scenes with Helen angsting whenever she hears a strange noise or one of the children is late home. It will help fill in the gaps when the script-writers run out of daft plotlines about cookery lessons, B&B sit-ins, etc.

Visgir1 Sat 08-Apr-23 09:01:13

I was surprised.. But twigged when Harrison wanted just to speak to Helen OMG.. That's going to be interesting, agree needs to move on from Jenny Darling.
BTW, I saw a play at Chichester Theatre last year, I was racking my brains one of the actors had a voice that was very familiar.. It was Rob Titchener.

merlotgran Sat 08-Apr-23 08:48:50

The ghost of room 13. Didn’t see that coming! 😂

Farzanah Fri 07-Apr-23 21:31:21

I wondered when he would make an appearance.

So fed up with TA now. Silly plot lines. ie Jennifer’s Will.

NotSpaghetti Fri 07-Apr-23 21:21:07

I thought he would show up and then Helen and "what's his name (?)" would take the boys and move to California

eGJ Fri 07-Apr-23 20:58:52

He isn’t listed in the Radio Times in next week’s cast 😀

Foxygloves Fri 07-Apr-23 19:28:26

Not sure if there is another thread, but OMG did anybody hear tonight’s episode and Harrison’s news?
Things could get VERY interesting!

Luckygirl3 Thu 23-Mar-23 19:37:05

There is a hint of desperation in the recent script-writing, as in what the heck can we write about this week!?