Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Flight Malaysia MH370

(55 Posts)
Sparklefizz Thu 09-Mar-23 09:33:46

This is on NF and I found it very intriguing and interesting. So many different theories as to what happened - with each one I thought "Yes, that's it", and then it was disproven. Maybe it will never be solved but there's definitely something being covered up. Absolutely appalling for the grieving relatives.

BlueBalou Mon 13-Mar-23 07:00:58

I watched it, it’s horrifically fascinating, those poor passengers and crew.
Certainly I think that the conclusion is probably the best reason so far but so many things don’t add up like the strange bloke finding most of the pieces of aircraft - he definitely didn’t seem quite plausible to me with his explanation of how he just happened to be there.
I guess we’ll never know.

Sparklefizz Mon 13-Mar-23 08:05:31

BlueBalou The guy on the beach who found pieces of aircraft didn't "just happen to be there". He consulted experts re tide patterns and currents to find out where any wreckage might be washed up.

However, I still found it implausible that he kept on finding pieces.

Katie59 Mon 13-Mar-23 09:10:31

The film was deliberately dramatized, a conspiracy is no more likely than the Apollo landings being faked, there are still those that believe in that.
A few years ago a German Wings pilot deliberately flew his airliner into a mountain, it was easy, he locked the flight deck door when the other pilot went to the loo, then flew stealing towards the mountain. All over in a few minutes, in that case he had been treated for depression, and owners Lufthansa paid millions in compensation.

Katie59 Mon 13-Mar-23 09:11:28

Katie59

The film was deliberately dramatized, a conspiracy is no more likely than the Apollo landings being faked, there are still those that believe in that.
A few years ago a German Wings pilot deliberately flew his airliner into a mountain, it was easy, he locked the flight deck door when the other pilot went to the loo, then flew stealing towards the mountain. All over in a few minutes, in that case he had been treated for depression, and owners Lufthansa paid millions in compensation.

Flew straight