Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

New Corrie Thread

(1001 Posts)
Doodledog Mon 22-May-23 22:44:02

Roll up, roll up!

The old one is full, so post your Corrie thoughts and observations here.

FishandChips15 Thu 25-May-23 08:51:12

I thought it was comical when Maureen Lipman was carrying Roy's bag for him!

Primrose53 Thu 25-May-23 08:58:22

I still think the partnership of Archdeacon Billy and chavvy Paul is quite ridiculous. What can they have in common? Paul can barely string a sentence together. And living in that tiny flat in Corrie Street? I hate it when Billy makes nudge, nudge, wink, wink comments at Paul and I also dislike seeing him slopping all over him.

Trying to remember the storyline where Billy ended up falling into a lake or something. Wasn’t he into drugs back then?

Grannynannywanny Thu 25-May-23 08:59:29

I can’t think what she’s up to but there’s certainly more to Brian’s mystery cousin than meets the eye. I doubt if she’s even from Italy and I’m expecting her to accidentally slip into a broad Lancashire accent . Mary is keeping a close eye on the situation . They should get PC Plod to do some background checks on her now he has more free time since Faye abandoned him.

NanaPlenty Thu 25-May-23 09:04:42

I think a lot of the story lines just go on a bit too long ! I wish Paul would hurry up and tell Billy about his illness. Brian’s cousin - not keen, something odd about her and the whole shop building debacle - ridiculous! Where is Eileen ?

Grannynannywanny Thu 25-May-23 09:10:06

I wonder if they’re ever going to uncover Stephen’s dastardly deeds or if he’s going to murder someone else before that storyline reaches a conclusion. Watch your back Elaine!

Doodledog Thu 25-May-23 09:22:51

FishandChips15

I thought it was comical when Maureen Lipman was carrying Roy's bag for him!

Maureen and Roy are so good together, aren't they?

Calendargirl Thu 25-May-23 10:57:09

Yes Primrose, Billy ended up in a wheelchair didn’t he? Was it prescription drugs he got hooked on? And was that when Todd disappeared?

Seems so long ago.

confused

FlexibleFriend Thu 25-May-23 11:07:22

If I was Paul I wouldn't tell Billy what I was going through either. Billy is a total control freak and so needy, after a two minute chat about children in the future where Paul was less than enthusiastic, next thing you know he's getting all the info from Toyah and saying they need to get the ball rolling straight away. For someone in a caring profession the bloke never listens to what anyone wants except himself.

Doodledog Thu 25-May-23 11:25:04

FlexibleFriend

If I was Paul I wouldn't tell Billy what I was going through either. Billy is a total control freak and so needy, after a two minute chat about children in the future where Paul was less than enthusiastic, next thing you know he's getting all the info from Toyah and saying they need to get the ball rolling straight away. For someone in a caring profession the bloke never listens to what anyone wants except himself.

That's what I meant upthread - when Summer was diabetic (she seems to have shaken that off all of a sudden - it must be the amazing Wethersfield Health Service grin) he was a nightmare. But so were her other 'dads' - Todd and Paul himself, to be fair.

Calendargirl Fri 26-May-23 07:56:09

When did Faye have time to pack her bags?

Did she give any notice at the factory that she was leaving?

Did she return her engagement ring?

It will all end in tears!

😥

Doodledog Fri 26-May-23 08:12:31

Everyone travels light in Soapland. After living 20 years in the same gaff, often with children and all the ‘stuff’ that they generate, they put all their possessions into one suitcase (or a bin liner if they live on Albert Square) and disappear to pastures new looking wistfully out of a taxi window.

I take more than they do on a weekend away grin.

Clawdy Fri 26-May-23 08:26:01

So Paul is now alienating friends and family, condition getting worse by the day.......just tell them!!

sodapop Fri 26-May-23 12:34:50

grin Doodledog

Maggiemaybe Fri 26-May-23 13:50:54

Clawdy

So Paul is now alienating friends and family, condition getting worse by the day.......just tell them!!

It’s exasperating. He doesn’t want to spoil Gemma’s wedding by telling her, so to avoid that he ruins her hen night and informs her that he couldn’t care less about her big day. Aaaaargh!!

It irritates me as much as that little snippet of a family settling in for a cosy night in shown before every episode. We’d have had the red pen striking through one of those ins at school. So much better to say settling down for a cosy night in or simply settling in for a cosy night.

Yes, I am indeed a mardy so and so. grin

Beechnut Fri 26-May-23 22:31:29

Does anyone know why Gemma and Paul have different surnames?

Doodledog Fri 26-May-23 22:34:04

Beechnut

Does anyone know why Gemma and Paul have different surnames?

Different fathers?

Maggiemaybe Fri 26-May-23 23:19:52

But they’re twins.

Calendargirl Sat 27-May-23 07:02:09

Thank goodness Billy now knows, albeit in a roundabout way, about Paul’s diagnosis.

I appreciate that the whole soap world rests on lies or half truths, but a little honesty would make life easier.

e.g. Roy- just tell Nina you are having a heart procedure, no need for huge dramas.

Daisy- stop this nonsense of leading poor Ryan up the garden path with doomed hopes of a relationship with the absent Crystal, how on earth does she think she is going to get out of it?

Chesney- just tell the others that Linda is footing the bill for food, suits, the whole caboodle, and that if they want a champagne wedding on beer money, well, they just need to get over it. “Put that in your pipe and smoke it, Bernie!”

And poor Sam- knowing his ‘girlfriend’ Hope has sabotaged his scientific party piece, left him taking all the flak, whilst she gets off yet again.

There must be more, but can’t think of any offhand. hmm

(And yes, I know it’s not real). grin.

Doodledog Sat 27-May-23 10:12:41

Maggiemaybe

But they’re twins.

That's what I thought. But who knows - this is not only Soapland, but also Bernie grin.

Was either Gemma or Paul fostered/adopted as children?

henetha Sat 27-May-23 10:20:19

Maureen Lipman is brilliant, and I love the scenes with her and Roy. I hope he's not leaving.
I like the Stephen plot too. Where is he now? I hope he's back soon to do more dastardly deeds.
I still like Corrie a lot. It's not doomed to end, I hope?

Maggiemaybe Sat 27-May-23 17:49:26

Well, Doodledog, I’ve just spent 20 minutes googling Paul and Gemma trying to find out why they have different surnames (can you guess I have jobs I’m putting off?) and I’m no further forward!

MrsNemo Sat 27-May-23 18:22:06

I do find it odd that people disappear for months; Toyah and Spider popped up for about half a minute this week .Eileen has vanished again; she may be even more glamorous when she reappears.
Unless things are very different 'Oop North,' scaffolding costs a fortune to rent so Steve must be paying eye watering amounts for the months it has been outside his house. I can't understand why that suitcase hasn't floated to the surface given the amount of time the second murdered body has been in it, and would like to know what Stephen did with the first body.

Beechnut Sun 28-May-23 09:19:36

Gemma and h Bernie have the same surnames.

sodapop Sun 28-May-23 12:38:51

I think there is going to be a new dramatic story line for Toyah MrsNemo I won't post any spoilers though.

vegansrock Sun 28-May-23 13:04:29

Kevin’s disappeared too. He should have sorted out his fathers affairs by now. He’ll no doubt be sporting a Mediterranean tan when he eventually returns.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion