Gransnet forums

Webchats

Fay Weldon webchat - Weds 27 Nov, 4-5pm

(59 Posts)
Buddie Fri 22-Nov-13 16:06:32

I've just been re-reading your collection of short stories, Wicked Women, and I wondered if you feel there is still a place (and indeed a market) for short stories outside of the womens weekly and monthly titles?

KatGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 22-Nov-13 09:14:23

test post

Izzybee Wed 20-Nov-13 17:02:29

Hi Fay - I love your books, so thank you for many years of absorption! My question is, what are the books you would have your grandchildren read if you could choose? I am an avid reader but my daughter, alas, is not and I am wondering if I can help instil a love of books in my grandchildren from afar!

Waterdown Wed 20-Nov-13 16:25:28

Hello Fay,
I do love the covers of your novels - do you get to choose them or is it all in the hands of the publisher? If so, have you ever been really displeased with a cover?

nancy22 Mon 18-Nov-13 09:30:13

Hello, do you base any characters on people you know?

glammanana Sun 17-Nov-13 17:49:28

Will we ever see a character such as the amazing Rose from "Upstairs Downstairs" in any of your fabulous novels.

Riverwalk Sat 16-Nov-13 09:59:20

I've just received my copy of Habits of the House - thank you smile

tanmack Fri 15-Nov-13 22:55:48

How do you research your novels?

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 13-Nov-13 17:28:25

We're very excited indeed that Fay Weldon - one of Britain's best-loved authors - will be joining us at GNHQ for a live webchat.

Fay’s credits as writer include classic novels like The Life and Loves of a She Devil and Puffball, and the pilot episode of the original TV series Upstairs Downstairs. In 2001 she was awarded a CBE for services to literature. She has seven sons and stepsons and one stepdaughter, and lives on a hill in Dorset.

Her latest novel, The New Countess, another joyous tale of manners and morals, commoners and countesses, (see below for special offer) has just been published and is the final instalment in the Love and Inheritance trilogy.

Add your questions for Fay here.

Also...we have 50 copies of Habits of the House, the first novel in Fay Weldon's Love & Inheritance trilogy to give-away. The first 50 gransnetters to email [email protected] with their full name and postal address will be sent a copy. Closing date 30th November.

Plus we have an exclusive Gransnet half price offer on the latest Fay Weldon novel. To order The New Countess for £7.50* simply quote code 9PX when placing your order by phone, email or post to:

E-mail: [email protected]
Call: 01256 302699
Write to: Customer Services, Macmillan Distribution, Brunel Road, Houndmills, RG21 6XS

*P&P not included. Closing date 31st December 2013.