Gransnet forums

Webchats

Jules Hudson webchat 20 March 1:30-2:30pm

(56 Posts)
KatGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 06-Mar-14 10:11:18

Jules is perhaps best known as the leading face on the BBC’s hit property series, Escape to the Country, as well as the BBC’s flagship rural affairs show Countryfile. Jules’s interest in historic buildings and design underpins the BBC’s renovation series Britain’s Empty Homes, whilst his lifelong passion for military history came to the fore in BBC1's hit Dig 1940.

In addition to presenting and broadcasting, Jules is also an engaging writer, with regular contributions to lifestyle magazines.

Jules began his career as an archeologist and his expertise across history, rural affairs and property, combined with his warm and engaging style have established him as a versatile and popular presenter.

Having spent most of his life in the heart of the Cambrian Mountains in Mid-Wales, renovating his own ‘Escape to the Country’, he now lives in Herefordshire, once again passionately restoring a period gem. He loves to travel, garden and rescue old furniture.

Jules's talk at the Country Living Spring Fair is titled The Accidental Gardner. Find out more here.

Put your questions forward to Jules below. He'll be joining us for a live webchat on 20 March 1:30-2:30pm.

JulesHudson Thu 20-Mar-14 14:25:37

Orangesequins

Thanks for answering my question - obviously I meant other property shows!

I loved George Clarke's Amazing Spaces and I think we've all been inspired over the years by Grand Designs.

JulesHudson Thu 20-Mar-14 14:27:20

ninathenana

Money no object, I would live a Victorian/Edwardian vicarage set in a largish plot with a view.
What would be your dream property?

I count myself extremely lucky to be living in it. It is very similar to what you describe and I hope we'll be in our home for decades to come.

JulesHudson Thu 20-Mar-14 14:30:28

Shannon1

Hi Jules... seeing as you love the great outdoors would you ever consider having a smallholding/farm of your own?

Yes I would and I'd recommend it.

LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 20-Mar-14 14:31:07

Thanks so much Jules for coming in and sharing your stories with us. Hope to have you back again some day!

JulesHudson Thu 20-Mar-14 14:36:02

Hi everybody, thanks so much for some really testing and interesting questions. I hope the answers have been interesting to you all. Thank you also for being such a great support and for watching the shows and taking such a keen interest in what I and my colleagues are up to. I look forward to joining you all again on Gransnet. In the mean time, best of luck for 2014. Lots of love, Jules.