Gransnet forums

Webchats

John Torode webchat Thurs 10th Sept 3pm

(87 Posts)
LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 27-Aug-15 11:14:31

John Torode is well known to us as the Masterchef. We’ve seen him taste, comment, correct and encourage as contestants hang on his every word.

But what does he actually like to cook himself? This is your chance to ask him. The man himself will be coming in to GNHQ on Thurs 10th Sept at 3pm for a webchat to answer your questions and talk about his new book My Kind of Food.

Do post a question in the meantime.

We have signed copies to give away to three lucky posters.

JohnTorode Thu 10-Sep-15 15:53:17

CuriousCat

Hello John! What's the best way to marinate a roast chicken?

Why do you want to marinate a roast chicken love? I say if you want a different roast chicken, chop up a lemon, mix it with a load of olives and stuff it inside the chook. And when you cut it up, once it's cooked of course, serve it with the lemons and the olives.

JohnTorode Thu 10-Sep-15 15:54:28

LyndaW

What kitchen gadget couldn't you live without?

I love my cleaver. I used to have lots of different knives but I'm just as happy with one little knife and my cleaver. The oven's pretty important as well.

JossaFossa1 Thu 10-Sep-15 15:55:05

Ha, ha, nice one. Thanks John.

Joanna (smiling now, husband less so).

LucyGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 10-Sep-15 16:13:24

Thanks so much to John for coming in (and bringing a bit of Aussie-style sun to GNHQ!). We're off to stuff a chook...

jimorourke Thu 10-Sep-15 16:47:57

Hi John

Do you think people are uncertain about what food is healthy and what is unhealthy? I remember a chap called Magnus Pyke saying hamburgers were very nutritious but other people were saying they contain too much fat, I'm talking about the ones you buy in fast food restaurants?

jinglbellsfrocks Mon 14-Sep-15 14:57:02

That was such a good web chat! (Have just read it through). smile

LucyGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 14-Sep-15 17:57:06

He was a good laugh jingl!

KatGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 16-Sep-15 15:46:21

We've picked three posters randomly to receive a signed copy of John Torode's My Kind of Food...

Well done to Miriam, glammanana and Pumpkin. Please check your emails for more details.

Susangilley Sat 10-Oct-15 11:05:49

Do you ever use any convenience foods. You can't cook from scratch every day!

Nosleeptv1 Sat 10-Oct-15 15:16:28

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Nosleeptv1 Sat 10-Oct-15 15:17:30

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.