Gransnet forums

Work/volunteering

Nasty/ignorant colleague

(84 Posts)
CoffeeFirst Tue 03-May-22 21:31:36

@timetogo. My husband has said the same thing to me, when I told him.
I will try to ignore. I’ve even stopped going in the kitchen in fear of her being around pushing and rushing past. It leaves me so uncomfortable.

CoffeeFirst Tue 03-May-22 21:29:01

@Casdon. I don’t know her not dislike her, but with how she treats me and makes me feel, I’m not sure I would like her.

timetogo2016 Tue 03-May-22 21:27:49

Ignore her attitude,it`s called being a bully.
If she knows she has got to you she wins.

Casdon Tue 03-May-22 21:23:54

I wonder if you’re giving off the vibe that you don’t like her - the heading of your post is an indicator that this may be a two way dislike?

CoffeeFirst Tue 03-May-22 21:12:28

Sorry to hear what you’ve been through Gagajo.

I go in the kitchen to make a coffee and she finishes what she’s doing, and it’s clear she’s not going to talk to the likes of me!
I’m left feeling awful and I’m not a awful person.
I try not to let this bother me, but gosh it’s so hard I agree.

CoffeeFirst Tue 03-May-22 21:07:00

She is ok with others. We’ve never spoken, which makes it harder as I know it’s not something I’ve ever said to her.
There is another work colleague who this young woman knows as she doesn’t ever speak to me either.
Sent to Coventry I believe is the term.
It’s now left me not wanting to speak to either of them, not that I’m around them very much.
I’m baffled by her coldness.

GagaJo Tue 03-May-22 21:03:34

I've worked with people like this. Three times, the individual like this has been my direct supervisor. They can be poisonous and affect your relationships with others too.

I have found the only way to deal with it is to try to do your job the best you can. I've always been a bit of a workaholic and tend to do a good job, which prevents people like this from completely putting the boot in.

Let's face it. In life, we will encounter a lot of a**holes. It can be hard though.

Serendipity22 Tue 03-May-22 20:58:13

There could be a lot of reasons. How is she with others ?
Could you get her to one side and tell her you are feeling a sense of awkwardness from her and ask what is the reason maybe unbeknown to yourself, you have said or done something that you haven't realised has upset her.
There is obviously something for her to be this way with you.

At least if you face the situation, you can deal with it opposed to endless upset and worry. X

flowers

CoffeeFirst Tue 03-May-22 20:43:43

At my place of work there is a younger woman there who I know doesn’t like me. I actually have no idea why not, but I know she doesn’t by how she acts towards me. This has left me feeling very vulnerable and a bit unsure of myself. Im not the most confident anyway due to a few personal/family issues and tend to withdraw within groups.

How do I cope with the coldness I get from her?