Gransnet forums

Chat

BIRTH SIGN

(99 Posts)
Nonu Sun 19-Oct-14 19:40:20

Does anyone else feel as I do , that one"s birth sign affect your outlook on life.
I am a LIBRA ,^the scales,^ try to get everything in balance and most certainly weigh up all the pro"s and cons before making up my mind, won"t be rushed!!

annodomini Sun 19-Oct-14 22:13:27

Astrology is nonsense for all the reasons Elegran gives. But it's fun and who doesn't sometimes look up their horoscope in a magazine or tabloid?

FYI: Scorpio - with a sting in the tail!

Nonu Sun 19-Oct-14 22:20:44

I don"t agree with you one tiny bit ELEG you are in my opinion trying to to be controversial;
This is a slighty fun thread.
I noticed you have not posted what your star sign is, or is that below you ?
grin

Nelliemoser Sun 19-Oct-14 22:31:42

Flipping Heck! Someone please reassure me this is the 21st century.

Astrology will only influence your outlook on life if you choose to believe it will.

numberplease Sun 19-Oct-14 22:33:56

I`m Gemini, hubby`s Aquarius, but have never really thought about any of this.

Ana Sun 19-Oct-14 22:37:11

Has anyone claimed it has, Nelliemoser?

This is supposed to be, as Nonu says, a 'fun thread' confused

merlotgran Sun 19-Oct-14 22:38:56

Didn't you used to check out a boy's horoscope if you fancied him?

Probably only one step beyond buying a tube of Love Hearts but we didn't have much to amuse us in my boarding school days.

ginny Sun 19-Oct-14 22:50:53

I am told that I am a 'typical cancerian'. My friend who was born 3 days before me is a very different character. My Father in laws birthday is three days after mine. I don't think he is anything like me ( hopefully).

hmm

Elegran Sun 19-Oct-14 22:54:36

I won't stop you having fun, just don't base any life-changing decisions on the stars!

Nonu Sun 19-Oct-14 23:02:19

As per Eleg. has side stepped but hoodly heck

We are all having a little fun, life should not be always serious .

grin

Granny23 Sun 19-Oct-14 23:24:18

Whilst I do not believe in star signs as such, I do believe that the time of year at birth may well have an influence. After all the first 6 months of a baby born in Autumn will be quite different from the first six months for a Spring baby. Maybe the difference is not so great now, with central heating etc. but certainly all my baby pictures (I'm Virgo BTW) show me well wrapped up, with hat, mitts, bootees and shawl, whereas a May born baby is pictured lying on a rug in the sunshine in nought but a nappy.

As an adult, I am uncomfortable in hot climates and hate to wear skimpy clothes, much preferring the fresh crisp days of Autumn and soft, warm clothing. Autumn always seems to me to be energising - a time for new beginnings, starting school/college, new jobs, taking up new interests, clearing out and restocking the wardrobe, stocking up the larder with jams, chutneys and the freezer with apple pies and crumbles.

I'd be interested to hear if other Autumn babies feel the same and if those born in late spring feel differently. ???

Lona Sun 19-Oct-14 23:28:29

I think I'm Ana's other Gemini, and I'm exactly as shysal describes. Hate parties!
grin

Nelliemoser Sun 19-Oct-14 23:42:40

Ana gracesgran says she does for one.

Elegran Sun 19-Oct-14 23:52:35

Side stepped? No, I was honest about what I thought. I don't see how your star sign can influence your character. If anyone wants to have a giggle about their sign, that it up to them. Enjoy. No controversy.

G23 is right about the time of year a baby is born making a difference to their outlook - being out in the summer sun would make them different from those cocooned indoors from the snow and ice.

Elegran Sun 19-Oct-14 23:55:33

I'd have thought they astrologers would go by the date and time of conception rather than birth. Birth can be influenced by so many things, including a decision to induce it to order.

grannyactivist Mon 20-Oct-14 00:29:16

Granny23 I too was an autumn baby (also a Virgo) and your second paragraph could have been written by me. smile

MariClaire Mon 20-Oct-14 05:27:07

I am a 'classic' Virgo. granny23 and grannyactivist, we are definitely soul sisters! shock

PRINTMISS Mon 20-Oct-14 08:01:07

I think that the TIME of year in which you were born sometimes helps with the way we are. Born on a nice sunny day in the spring or summer I think must have a bearing on how we feel about the world in general. Nothing to do with the stars as such, just saying.

absent Mon 20-Oct-14 08:04:58

Whenever I encountered someone who said to me "You're a typical Libra, Cancer, Aquarius, Pisces, Leo, etc." – it happened a lot in the sixties and seventies – I would always agree with whatever they suggested. They could always see all sorts of typical characteristics in me that confirmed their beliefs. I can't recall what star sign I am actually supposed to be.

12Michael Mon 20-Oct-14 08:12:01

I am a Taurus
Mick

Anya Mon 20-Oct-14 08:13:03

I'm a typical Aquarius - sceptical and questioning - don't believe in any of this gumph! hmm

ninathenana Mon 20-Oct-14 08:19:48

Anya I too am Aquarius. I don't know what's suppose to be typical for the sign.
I used to read the predictions when I was a teen but have never really believed in it all.

Agus Mon 20-Oct-14 09:16:13

I am Aquarius too. Sceptical and always questioning. As is DD2

DD1 is Virgo. Born in the sweltering heat of 1975 and is a sun worshiper.

I don't believe any of this stuff.

hildajenniJ Mon 20-Oct-14 09:23:32

I must be the most untypical Sagittarius around then.

Funny, I'd agree with. Lots of people tell me I'm quirky.
Self assured; not all the time.
Sophisticated? No
Love of travel. Just ask DH about that onegrin
No, I take Astrology with a pinch of salt.

Jane10 Mon 20-Oct-14 09:31:12

I know I should be sceptical about astrology and I`m never convinced by predictions made on the basis of star signs but I have to say that the star sign personalities tend to be very accurate for people I know. Of course, to be really accurate, you have to know your moon sign too. I`m a Scorpio with an Aries moon. Nippy and aggressive, looking at the negative aspects, but intelligent and hard working in the background as a more positive one. I was glad to read that I have an affinity for small children and animals but I had worked that one out for myself!!

annsixty Mon 20-Oct-14 09:33:54

Another Cancer here as is my DD and I am a home-maker which is supposed to be typical,DD decidedly not.