Gransnet forums

Chat

BIRTH SIGN

(99 Posts)
Nonu Sun 19-Oct-14 19:40:20

Does anyone else feel as I do , that one"s birth sign affect your outlook on life.
I am a LIBRA ,^the scales,^ try to get everything in balance and most certainly weigh up all the pro"s and cons before making up my mind, won"t be rushed!!

Nonu Mon 20-Oct-14 15:29:52

JANER,
sunshine, we Librans are sweet people!!

Nonu Mon 20-Oct-14 15:31:07

Granjura I am most certainly not a VIRGO.
grin

annsixty Mon 20-Oct-14 15:41:37

Just beat you feetlebaum I was born on July 12th. 1937 was a very good year.

janerowena Mon 20-Oct-14 21:17:15

DBH is also a Libran, I wouldn't describe him as sweet. grin He used to be, but Life got at him. We are both optimists though. They do say that Librans see life through rose-tinted spectacles and expect people to be fair, and that is very true. We expect and see the best in everything until proven wrong.

NanKate Mon 20-Oct-14 22:26:41

I'm another Libran, there seems a lot of us on GN.

I can make snap decisions.

Horoscopes don't do it for me, having said that DH is a true Gemini grin

Pittcity Tue 21-Oct-14 08:36:56

DH is Pisces. Is that why he has gone fishing again today?

jinglbellsfrocks Tue 21-Oct-14 09:11:40

Don't question it pittcity. Just be glad.

Pittcity Tue 21-Oct-14 09:31:33

I am jingl

Ideal weather he said grin

jinglbellsfrocks Tue 21-Oct-14 09:34:28

Worst thing about DH's daytime hobby (flying model airplanes) is that you can't do it in wet or windy weather. I think sodding Gonsalez is going to let me down tomorrow. hmm

jinglbellsfrocks Tue 21-Oct-14 09:35:22

Gonzalo!

Pittcity Tue 21-Oct-14 09:45:58

jingl I keep thinking "Speedy Gonzales!!"

mrshat Tue 21-Oct-14 18:04:35

I'm an 'Ophiuchusian'! My birth sign has been Sagittarius up until today!
Outgoing and adventurous I am NOT so I look forward to finding out what the star sign Ophiuchus has to offer ....................grin

whitewave Tue 21-Oct-14 18:22:24

Does all this conflict with the Chinese calender? or are they compatable?

specki4eyes Tue 21-Oct-14 20:50:22

I'm a Libran and I can't decide whether I believe in astrology or not..On the one hand........smile

janerowena Tue 21-Oct-14 23:41:27

grin as a fellow libran, part of me knows exactly what you mean.

I was dreadful in the school debating society, which was compulsory.

Icyalittle Wed 22-Oct-14 08:37:47

What about the belief in some religions that your star sign is taken from your conception, not your birth?
(Was a Virgo, now a Leo apparently, according to Granjura smile. Does this mean I get to stop doing housework?)

JoyBloggs Wed 22-Oct-14 08:43:15

Another Libran here. Just spent the last 4 days wondering whether to mention it... maybe nobody would be interested, but there again, maybe somebody would be interested grin

NfkDumpling Wed 22-Oct-14 08:58:26

A woman where I worked many years ago did Star Charts as a hobby. We'd only really met a couple of times at the coffee machine. DD2 had an approaching birthday so I asked her to do a chart as a present. She needed the date, time and place of birth. She was perplexed with the result saying it came out complete unlike the daughter we'd talked about (at the coffee machine, shared interest in horses I think) and very relieved on discovering the daughter she knew about (DD1 - Scorpio - outdoor horse lover) was not the one she done the chart for and didn't know existed (DD2 - Virgo - indoor arty type). And the chart was spot on!
She then did charts for my other two children, who she'd never met, and they were spot on too. I declined allowing her to do mine. Too spooky. Too much information!

HollyDaze Wed 22-Oct-14 19:43:49

In medieval times, doctors would draw up astrological charts for their patients to deal with their health problems!

By the end of the 1500s, physicians across Europe were required by law to calculate the position of the moon before carrying out complicated medical procedures, such as surgery or bleeding.

Yet surgeons were the lowest of the low and anatomy was akin to heresy! How things have changed eh grin

NanKate Wed 22-Oct-14 19:54:31

Joy from one Libran to another, I'm glad you plucked up the courage to disclose your birth sign. flowers

JoyBloggs Wed 22-Oct-14 22:53:40

NanKate Thank you for my flowers, they are lovely! I see that, unlike me, you are able to make snap decisions... so please tell me if I should put them in the hall or in the sitting room. By the time I decide they will all have died. smile

NanKate Thu 23-Oct-14 09:50:44

They are edible chocolate ones for you and your DH to share today on your 43 Wedding Anniversary. Have fun.

It's my excuse too to have some scrummy chocs for our 43rd today. Plus a couple of wine wine

JoyBloggs Thu 23-Oct-14 20:38:46

Thank you NanKate, the flowers were delicious! Hope you and Mr Kate enjoyed your special day and your wine wine. I felt it was only polite to join you so forced several a couple of very small glasses down. smile