Gransnet forums

Chat

BIRTH SIGN

(98 Posts)
Nonu Sun 19-Oct-14 19:40:20

Does anyone else feel as I do , that one"s birth sign affect your outlook on life.
I am a LIBRA ,^the scales,^ try to get everything in balance and most certainly weigh up all the pro"s and cons before making up my mind, won"t be rushed!!

rosequartz Sun 19-Oct-14 19:44:15

I had a discussion with omeone I met last week about birth signs and whether or not they have any effect on one's personality.

I know that it cannot, but it seems strange to me that two people who are close to me, unrelated but born on the same day of the year many years apart, have very many of the same characteristics.

DH and I should both be stubborn, according to our birth sign. Of course, he is but I am not. grin

rosequartz Sun 19-Oct-14 19:44:38

someone [?]

Nonu Sun 19-Oct-14 19:52:09

ROSE what is your birth sign, Himself can be a wee bit stubborn, however I usually get him round to my way of thinking [most times]
grin

Ana Sun 19-Oct-14 19:54:17

Well, what's your DH's birth sign, Nonu? Come on, reveal all...grin

shysal Sun 19-Oct-14 20:06:54

I am a Gemini, and can usually see both sides of most situations, always used to be the peace keeper at work. I think I read somewhere that I am supposed to be the life and soul of a party, but nothing could be further from the truth. I am either the shrinking violet in the corner or don't even go along! DGS1 is the same star sign, and our natures are very similar.

Pittcity Sun 19-Oct-14 20:10:02

I am Libra like you Nonu and very indecisive.

I have typed and deleted more on this subject because I can't decide what else to say!!

janeainsworth Sun 19-Oct-14 20:17:58

Yes Pittcity I'm Libra too, typed out something then deleted it.
Now I've changed my mind grin

Of course if you are serious about this Nonu you should really read up about Chinese Astrology

I am a Libran Ox.

grandma60 Sun 19-Oct-14 20:22:16

I am Sagattarius and supposed to be outgoing and adventurous. Nothing could be further from the truth. However DH & DD are both Virgo and match their description perfectly.

Nonu Sun 19-Oct-14 20:29:00

Come now ANA dear, you show me yours and I will show you his !!
PS I HAVE emailed u.

durhamjen Sun 19-Oct-14 20:34:15

I am an Arian Ox. Make of that what you will.

Ana Sun 19-Oct-14 20:36:31

I am Gemini on the cusp with Taurus (always used to read the most favourable horoscope in the days when I did actually read them!)

I don't think either of my husbands were tyical of their birth signs (Sagittarius and Libra respectively). DD certainly is a typical Virgo.

Ana Sun 19-Oct-14 20:37:13

Nonu - will get back to you! smile

Gracesgran Sun 19-Oct-14 20:41:50

Are more Librans attracted to Gransnet than any other sign? I am one too! Trying to balance both sides is very time consuming.

I am not sure why you think that when you are born should not affect your character rosequartz. As far as I am concerned all the world (universe) seems to work on maths so the intersections of the paths of the stars can be mathematically analysed. For thousands of years wiser people than me have seen how these paths coincide with the ups and downs, ins and outs of life so IMO it is possible that it could tell us something. (I should say, in true Libran fashion that it equally may not smile)

grumppa Sun 19-Oct-14 20:43:06

I don't believe a word of it. Does that make me a typical Taurean?

durhamjen Sun 19-Oct-14 20:57:53

Maybe Librans are the only ones who own up, gracesgran.

merlotgran Sun 19-Oct-14 21:03:53

I am Gemini. Best of both worlds.

Ana Sun 19-Oct-14 21:05:08

Well we have four Librans, two Geminis, a Sagittarian, an Aries and a Taurus so far.

Ana Sun 19-Oct-14 21:06:02

Three Geminis! (and I know for a fact there's at least one other GNetter who is one)

Nonu Sun 19-Oct-14 21:09:20

DURH* So what are the traits of your sign ,if may be so bold ?I have told you mine, don"t be a shy flower !!!

GRUMP I have pm"d u

KatyK Sun 19-Oct-14 21:41:28

Hello Nonu where have you been smile

feetlebaum Sun 19-Oct-14 21:43:22

No - I don't think it has made the slightest difference to my life! After all - how could it? It's not as though there is any truth involved...

"I was Pyrex -- a test-tube baby" (Billy Connolly)

Nonu Sun 19-Oct-14 21:54:46

Hello KATY in the good ole US of A, and I have to tell you a very , very good time was had. grinx

Well then Feetle, those are your thoughts, BUT you have not revealed what is your birth sign, don"t be a shy boy , tell us girls, you know we like to get the low-down
grin

Elegran Sun 19-Oct-14 22:05:36

The light from our own sun takes eight minutes to reach us. We see even the nearest star in the position it was in four years ago, and the ones further away as they were long before that.

So it is not even that the arrangement that we see now is as it was at some time in the past, because with them all being at different distances from us, they would all have moved different amounts since the light from them began on its journey to us. The constellations we see are not reality.

I don't see how they can have an effect on our lives. How can an assortment of lumps of matter scattered in different places and differences distances away reach out to individual little beings born on a far-away planet circling a minor sun?

Ana Sun 19-Oct-14 22:08:18

Oh don't be such a killjoy, Elegran! grin