Gransnet forums

Chat

So how do you feel about it?

(60 Posts)
Jane10 Wed 04-May-16 15:50:22

Just heard about Gransnet and Mills and Boon forming a link and planning to work together. Can't say I'm thrilled to hear it. It seems to imply a rather clichéd view of us Gransnetters or maybe I have a rather clichéd view of Mills and Boon. Not sure if I'll stick around to find out. Interested to hear what you others think.

absent Wed 04-May-16 21:00:38

My cats can rip bodices.

Thingmajig Wed 04-May-16 21:06:55

I vaguely recall reading a M&B (found in the hotel "library" I hasten to add, not bought by me) on holiday a year or two ago and it was amazingly racy!!! shock

Alima Wed 04-May-16 21:19:06

Maybe, just maybe, the next tie-in could reflect the sublime as opposed to the ridiculous. How about Penguin books, a very successful publishing business and one with a rather more interesting tale to tell than Mills and Boon. You really do not think much of Gransnetters do you?

Ana Wed 04-May-16 21:23:52

Bet they never even considered Mumsnet as a collaborator, although most M&B readers seem to be around that age. Imagine the comments! grin

rosesarered Wed 04-May-16 21:27:25

Be still, my beating heart!

Juggernaut Wed 04-May-16 21:30:27

To hell in a handcart springs to mind angry

Ana Wed 04-May-16 21:31:14

You'd be dead then! grin

Alima Wed 04-May-16 21:35:06

I thought that too Ana. Perhaps rosesarered has taken the trouble to read one of their books and now wants her heart to be still because she has lost the will to live?

rosesarered Wed 04-May-16 21:45:01

No, it's because I have caught sight of one of those hunky doctors/ fishermen/ lumberjacks or whatevers looking handsome and moody on the covers of those books.My late MIL used to ask me to get her the Mills and Boon books from the library.Mind you, they are probably raunchy now, smouldering looks are passe these days! grin