Gransnet forums

Chat

OK, who's got my mojo?

(68 Posts)
kittylester Tue 28-Jun-16 15:30:29

I've lost it and i hate not having it. sad

I like to keep busy and at the moment all I want to do is sit down with a cup of tea.

If this is Brexit, I want to go back in quick. grin

lizzypopbottle Wed 29-Jun-16 00:52:57

baNANAGran3 I've got a row of five of them trying to persuade me to click on them. The envelope one has a number to show how many apparently important messages they'd like you to believe you have!

rubylady Wed 29-Jun-16 03:52:17

My mojo lay in bed today. Sunday I managed to get to garden centre and then yesterday did a little housework but it looks like I did too much and after hearing next door partying until very late, I was shattered today, and extremely breathless so spent time resting/sleeping/eating/watching tv. It's been bliss today, no noise at all from anyone. I'm letting the Brexit thing wash over me, I have far too much to be dealing with personally to worry and worrying won't achieve much anyway, only make my health problems worse.

Still, I have looked around ebay and now I feel a bit better. Bought a toothbrush. Yeah! Off to bed again though soon, another rest day tomorrow, enjoy the peace before college breaks up on Friday. smile

BBbevan Wed 29-Jun-16 08:07:24

Well we all have to die of something*Jings*. What have you chosen then?

moobox Wed 29-Jun-16 09:34:07

Too much time spent watching news bulletins, and discussing Brexit with everyone one happens across - the rest of life goes by the board - oh and of course getting into discussions on Facebook of a ball game I have no interest in, because a certain team made such a mess of it you cannot help but comment

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 29-Jun-16 09:46:57

Well I effing hope old age BBbevan! (You never know yer luck)

grandMattie Wed 29-Jun-16 09:48:20

a bit confused confused. wasn't sure what 'mojo' meant so googled it. result? Libido, voodoo charm or slang for morphine.
you lot have very exciting lives!!!

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 29-Jun-16 09:49:57

[gin] You don't know the 'alf of it! wink

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 29-Jun-16 09:50:15

yes. that too. grin !

grandMattie Wed 29-Jun-16 09:51:22

Hahaha!!!!

SwimHome Wed 29-Jun-16 10:27:50

Mine was just hiding. Have also been on LCHF diet for a few weeks - (little change as I'm coeliac and have to eat GF anyway) and have started taking Vit B complex tabs the past few days. Whoopee! Mojo racing back, bringing all sorts of forgotten positive feelings with it!

Lilyflower Wed 29-Jun-16 10:56:20

Just listened to Radio Four's 'The Human Zoo: That Post Referendum Feeling' about the psychology of decision making. Fascinating - and explains a lot. I'd recommend listening!

Might add some 'Mojo'.

oldgoose Wed 29-Jun-16 11:17:18

I think my mojo - and probably everyone elses, will return when the sunshine comes. It MAY be the referendum, but I honestly think it's the 'where is Summer' feeling.

moxeyns Wed 29-Jun-16 11:19:16

Found mine; joined the Lib Dems. At last a bunch that has it together and is trying to find a common cause to move forward with!
I'm astonished that every member - including the 9,000 who like me, joined this week - gets a vote on policies.

Energising.

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 29-Jun-16 11:19:35

I agree. I got ready to walk to the shops this morning, but the heavens opened. Doesn't seem such a good idea now. Sigh!

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 29-Jun-16 11:20:03

that was in reply to oldgoose

merlotgran Wed 29-Jun-16 11:24:29

I had plans to go to the garden centre as they're advertising artichoke plants which aren't always easy to get hold of.

Changed my mind when the sun disappeared and the wind and clouds rolled in so now I've dragged the hoover out of the cupboard and put a wash on.

No further action though. hmm

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 29-Jun-16 11:34:32

I just asked DH if I should go out, rain or no, or do housework. He said "go out"! So I'm off. Might get a toasted sarnie in Marks and Sparks.

JOHN19488 Wed 29-Jun-16 11:47:23

Ha ha enjoy your trip

MaizieD Wed 29-Jun-16 11:50:02

Artichokes are dead easy to grow from seed, merlotgran.

I feel I lost more than my mojo on Friday. I lost my country (Well, what I 'thought' was my country) But there's a certain grim satisfaction in watching the ensuing chaos.

annsixty Wed 29-Jun-16 12:02:03

My mojo has been washed away. It is lashing down here and we have a really hard gust of wind every so often which has the shrubs and small trees nearly horizontal.
My H is driving me bonkers and If I don't get out soon I will go mad.
So pleased I got that little rant over. I rang my D for a moan but she has gone into work so that was a no-no.

grandMattie Wed 29-Jun-16 12:03:21

DH loves to grow globe artichokes from seed. They generally flower the second season and for ever after... We have planted ours in various borders. They look great and of course taste lovely. Try it merlot

Craftycat Wed 29-Jun-16 12:51:44

It's the weather. I was very happy until all the rain of last few weeks- or is it months now!It is so depressing- wake up to lovely sun & think - OK TODAY I will get on with things. Then by 10am the clouds come over & down it comes. Garden is a soggy wilderness & any hope of watching Wimbledon is a forlorn one.
It's nothing to do with politics-personally I think everything will work itself out before too long (if they get ON with it)- it's just that it's supposed to be summer & it just isn't.
Going off to Rhodes next week & expecting a sudden onslaught of MASSIVE Mojo when we land! Hoping to bring it back with me.

grandMattie Wed 29-Jun-16 13:50:31

Not too much mojo on holiday. Remember Shirley Valentine? grin

grandMattie Wed 29-Jun-16 13:51:02

PS Where do they sell this "mojo" stuff everyone is telling me about? confused

AlieOxon Wed 29-Jun-16 14:25:23

Someone lend me some to make me look at my car papers and see what I have NOT done re MOT etc and also my licence! I keep putting it off........