Gransnet forums

Food

Shopping at Lidl

(80 Posts)
gangy5 Mon 02-Dec-13 17:10:45

I saw a report in the newspaper that Lidle and Aldi are effectively reducing the market share of the big 4 supermarkets. Lidl have produced a marvellous brochure with all their Christmas goodies and impressive it is too. I can't believe that they manage to source all of their meat in the UK. Fruit and vegetables are much cheaper there too.
I am really pleased that a monopoly. which the big supermarkets have held, is now beginning to be broken. I do wish that more people would realise how the supermarketing gurus are very good at manipulating our shopping habits.

annodomini Sat 07-Dec-13 22:13:03

If you Lidl's shoppers haven't tried their choc ices, perhaps you'd better not: you might get hooked on them. Magnum? forget it!

Nonu Sat 07-Dec-13 22:40:34

ANNO mr N adores them !!

bbensharma Fri 14-Feb-14 06:29:33

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

FlicketyB Fri 14-Feb-14 14:29:39

No Aldi or LIDL within 15 miles, but I am not sure whether I would want to use them. Compared with most countries we have a very 'competitive' food market with the big supermarkets continually competing on price. If a smaller chain was constantly undercutting them I would be very worried about employment practices and how they treat their suppliers. In the same way I do not shop in Primark.