Gransnet forums

Food

Easter Eggs

(34 Posts)
rosesarered Mon 30-Mar-15 19:07:48

is anyone having their very own choc Easter Egg ? I haven't had one for years and years(too much chocolate) but my children still expect them as well as the DGC.

tanith Mon 30-Mar-15 19:22:49

OH and I always buy each other an egg, and my son who lives abroad sends all the family a Cadbury Easter gift of eggs , I do try to eat them slowly grin

annsixty Mon 30-Mar-15 19:26:05

I would just love an Easter Egg but DH thinks they are for children (not that he ever bought them any)!!
I was having chemo one Easter and hinted that I might get one, to be told,well buy yourself one when you are shopping. I did not out of pique.

rosequartz Mon 30-Mar-15 19:44:35

Every year I live in hope and every year I am disappointed.

loopylou Mon 30-Mar-15 19:53:50

Ditto here, but DF's just given me a box of posh little eggs as a gift for dog sitting so bang goes LCHF diet for a while tbublush

Wheniwasyourage Mon 30-Mar-15 20:30:33

I buy little ones of various kinds for DH and me, and also for the next younger generation, but not for the DGC, as chocolate eggs are Not Good For Their Teeth grin . It adds a touch of conspiracy to the whole thing, and sometimes it's nice for adults to be spoilt (including me - particularly as I always give up chocolate for Lent and so my blood chocolate level is well down by Easter) tbusmile

absent Mon 30-Mar-15 20:32:04

I don't particularly likely chocolate and I find the chocolate used in most Easter eggs inedible. I have bought chocolate bunnies and dinosaur eggs for the grandchildren.

Ana Mon 30-Mar-15 21:19:54

Same here, I'm not a fan of chocolate and just buy for the GDs. We don't buy Easter Eggs for the adults in the family.

janerowena Mon 30-Mar-15 23:12:17

I always buy us (DBH, DS and me) one each. DBH and I will have to have a talk about it when DS leaves home for good. We only buy others one if we see them on the day. If the GCs are here we have a huge easter egg hunt around the garden. It's a big garden, so we are finding eggs for months afterwards - DS is very good at hiding them and forgets that he is a giant by comparison to his small nephew and niece!

Teetime Tue 31-Mar-15 08:58:02

DH always buys me an up market fancy egg like Hotel Chocolate or Lindt, he has a little of mine as he is not a chocolate fancier. if we have people to stay I put an Easter teat on their beds- this year its a bag of truffle eggs each. GS and nephew are getting a bit of money this year both have been doing well at school after a fallow patch.

hildajenniJ Tue 31-Mar-15 09:12:23

I don't think I will have a chocolate Easter egg but I am going to make pace eggs, having saved onion peelings for the last few weeks. I love the patterns and mottling they create. I usually pick a few flowers to add to them too. tbusmile

jinglbellsfrocks Tue 31-Mar-15 09:30:17

In February I usually tell the kids I do not want Easter Eggs this year. Beginning of March I change it to shell only ones. About three weeks before the day, I tell them to forget all that, I would just like the normal please. I hope to receive at least three, plus some little bits and pieces. tbusmile

jinglbellsfrocks Tue 31-Mar-15 09:32:12

Easter egg choccie is completely different to normal chocolate. It's the way it snaps between your teeth.

Katek Tue 31-Mar-15 10:02:52

In a word or two....nom, nom!!

jinglbellsfrocks Tue 31-Mar-15 17:43:12

I agree. tbugrin

loopylou Tue 31-Mar-15 17:46:33

You just have to eat the whole egg too......envy after!

jinglbellsfrocks Tue 31-Mar-15 18:13:37

That's put-up-able with. tbugrin

loopylou Tue 31-Mar-15 18:23:42

Suffering for a good cause....I'd hate someone else to have to force themselves to eat it tbugrin

rosesarered Tue 31-Mar-15 18:37:21

Interesting replies, it seems split down the middle about having an egg!Call the Easter Bunny at once.Last year I bought a pack of golden Lindt rabbits, forget where I put them so bought some more for a DGS, a few weeks later found them in the wardrobe and scoffed them myself!They were yummy.I don't want an egg though, they are just too big.

jinglbellsfrocks Tue 31-Mar-15 18:38:43

OMG! I'm hankering after chocolate now! Must get off this thread! tbushock

jinglbellsfrocks Tue 31-Mar-15 18:39:57

Yes. It's nice to find one after Easter, left lying around. Son's bedroom is a good place to look. tbusmile

rosesarered Tue 31-Mar-15 18:41:04

Oh go on Jingl, spoil yourself!

jinglbellsfrocks Tue 31-Mar-15 18:51:50

No!!! Diet!

Not until Sunday. (says she, hopefully!)

Maggiemaybe Tue 31-Mar-15 18:55:52

I've had to go and raid the DGS's Freddo stores, after reading this (it doesn't take much) tbugrin. I buy a small size egg each for my DC, their partners, DH and me. Otherwise I wouldn't get one. I got all 8 this year for £6 in an amazing Tesco 4 for £3 promotion. The DGCs get little chocolate animals, as they're not really allowed much chocolate yet. Off for another Freddo.

Stansgran Tue 31-Mar-15 18:58:49

I'm planning an Easter bunny hunt. Lindt have the bunny and friends box with ladyBirds ,lambs, eggs ,carrots,bees and some sort of beetly thing. DH is writing the clues and I will photograph the chocs before the DGSs set off so they don't find too many of the same one. The Lindt chocolate is not too badIMO.