Gransnet forums

Food

Easter Eggs

(35 Posts)
rosesarered Mon 30-Mar-15 19:07:48

is anyone having their very own choc Easter Egg ? I haven't had one for years and years(too much chocolate) but my children still expect them as well as the DGC.

rosesarered Tue 31-Mar-15 18:59:17

Lol!

Maggiemaybe Tue 31-Mar-15 19:04:39

Oh yes, I'd forgotten the hunt! I bought a bag of eggs and Easter shapes from Aldi (who do very decent chocolate) and will be hiding them in very obvious places when the DGSs come round on Friday - they're only tots. I'll make sure a couple are quite well hidden so that I can indulge when they've all gone home! tbugrin

Juliette Tue 31-Mar-15 19:11:42

My mum bought me a lovely Easter Egg when I was about eight or nine.
It was in a gold box lined with blue velvet, for grown ups really. I just wanted a normal one like everybody else, I was very disappointed and sadly I showed it.
Mum spent all my childhood compensating for the rubbish one she had to endure. I could just do with her popping back for ten minutes so that I could say how sorry I am for being such a selfish unappreciative little madam.
Now that I am much older than she was when she died I can finally see it.
Sorry to bring the thread down, I think about that Easter Egg every year.
I've never written it down before.
As you were (as they say on MN). tbusmile

rosesarered Tue 31-Mar-15 19:25:56

juliette, good to get it off your chest, I feel the same way about some boots my Mother once bought me, when they were all she could get and very likely afford.Since I was 12 at the time, I have to forgive myself, and you were only a child as well.I also remember an Easter egg that was very thin, although from a good shop, and just had a bit of coloured icing and a flower on it with hardly any packaging, and I wanted a Cadbury one! Kids eh?

rosesarered Tue 31-Mar-15 19:27:40

We always do an egg hunt around the garden like many of you, so let's hope the weather will be good on Sunday.

Maggiemaybe Tue 31-Mar-15 20:01:45

Juliette flowers. Don't feel guilty. You were a child, and I'm sure your mum would understand. We've all been unappreciative little madams at some stage!

Your egg reminds me of the story in A Country Child by Alison Uttley, when the little girl invited her classmates round to admire her Easter egg, without warning her family. I loved that book.

Maggiemaybe Tue 31-Mar-15 20:03:21

And flowers for rosesarered too.

loopylou Tue 31-Mar-15 21:23:34

Oh crumbs Juliette, I'm sure we were all right little unappreciative madams at some point when young (or even not so young tbublush!
Hindsight's only any good for beating yourself up with IMO, been there and done it.

Be kind to yourself x flowers

rosesarered Wed 01-Apr-15 09:51:58

Thanks Maggie!