Gransnet forums

Food

Waitrose, sugar, scones and healthy eating

(79 Posts)
JessM Fri 08-May-15 16:53:33

I am engaged in a discussion with Waitrose regarding their nationwide "Kick Start Your Health" promotion which includes a bank of golden caster sugar on a display stand, near the entrances of stores. On close investigation I now realise that this relates to "healthy" recipe for carrot and sultana scones with added pumpkin seeds. hmm I have tweeted, communicated with them via Facebook, complained to the store and... grin managed to corner a visiting manager from head office as he stood discussing the dips and olives with the local management team. I have now had a defensive reply from them via Facebook (its a healthier recipe, blah blah). They are just not getting that their customers are walking into the store and and seeing sugar promoted as something that will "kick start your health". Please do feel free to join in my telling them off on Facebook if you are able to see this link:

www.facebook.com/Waitrose/posts/10152890114528207?comment_id=10152894691323207&offset=0&total_comments=8

Maggiemaybe Tue 26-May-15 17:40:16

Well I could certainly go for the sliced panini stuffed with butter and chocolate. Not very diet friendly or healthy though! grin

loopylou Tue 26-May-15 18:07:55

crazy-funny food?

I think I just might describe it as something somewhat more Anglo-Saxon.....

hmm

FlicketyB Tue 26-May-15 18:29:18

No food is unhealthy. There are only bad diets.

I have just eaten a slice of DGD delicious birthday cake, full of sugar, fat and white flour. It was psychologically good for me, recalling the happy weekend we have just had together and as part of a day's food intake that included 7 portions of fruit and veg, wholemeal bread and some chicken and cheese was part of varied and healthy day's eating.