Gransnet forums

Grandparenting

He is here :-) :-) :-)

(63 Posts)
nannynoo Mon 13-Jul-15 01:37:24

Little man is tucked up in bed smile

I am going to get some much needed shut eye soon as have been busy from the first minute he was here lol

Day 4 now and not even had TIME to catch up on here...

He is SO happy to be here ( please see my previous posts if not aware what I am talking about even lol )

He can't seem to believe it and nor can I

We are laughing a lot of course and having fun eg in the park , making cakes , playing in the garden , making new friends etc BUT there IS a bitter sweet side to this unfortunately as he was away so long etc ie his EMOTIONAL well being and the emotional fall out / his healing time , bless him

Is displaying some 'behaviours' like peeing on the floor and spitting etc and he never did this before and is nearly 8 now so I just stayed calm and said ''big boys pee in the toilet'' and he has MOSTLY being doing it in there now especially as I stay calm about it but he is EXTRA clingy and insecure etc and seems VERY worried and anxious he is going to be taken away again / has to go back again , he knows his stuff is here etc but he still seems worried bless him , he is SO happy here yet of course he has FEELINGS even though he cannot fully express them in words due to his Autism so when his frustration and anxiety and anger come up I am encouraging him to hit the settee as it is soft and he NEEDS to get it all out somehow and it seems to really be helping him as he has a good hit of the settee with a very angry look on his face bless him and then a look of RELIEF , a smile , then he is off playing happily again and he even instigates it himself now when the feelings come up inside!!

Reckon he has a lot of anger inside , it seems he has abandonment issues to me and I do want to be that 'soft place for him to land' and be able to FULLY HEAL HERE and feel SECURE and happy of course , but the secure bit is going to take a while as even at school in the morning they end up having to drag him away from me as he is clinging on and I WISH he was with me A LOT SOONER but I can't change that I can only do everything I can to help him heal and overcome his issues etc which I know will put a stop to the behaviours which are going with it / being caused by it so he IS a happy little boy on one hand but he does have some emotional issues to deal with now after everything he has been through sad

I believe he will heal though , my heart aches to see him so clingy and insecure as he has been EXTRA clingy ever since he was handed over to me , he has NEVER held my hand SO tightly and keeps holding my hand really tightly and looking into my eyes for signs of ''YES , you are here for GOOD or for as long as needed but back IN the FAMILY again now!''

nannynoo Sat 15-Aug-15 20:27:24

It is so lovely to see him so happy and settled , words cannot explain how it makes me feel to look over at him and see how happy and secure he is which was my GOAL smile xx

We had a lovely holiday together and the dog loved it too , it wasn't perfect , even weather wise but we certainly made the most of it and did some lovely bonding together x

I think kinship care is the way to go for the childs sake if at all possible and if there are no safeguarding issues as they are truly happy and secure with family even with the emotional scars from all they have been through already

He is truly thriving here in every way! grin

I am so grateful and thankful for everything including the support during the worst year or so of my entire life! We have a new SW visiting us next week but I feel at peace about it and she is an 'advanced' SW so should be professional which I feel secure with as am much more relaxed and open with someone when they are truly professional and I honestly got FOND of the last one and actually MISS her!!

nannynoo Sat 15-Aug-15 20:33:45

It makes all the difference in the world if you get a good SW flowers

The assessment lady has the right balance between professionalism and caring too and that is such a lovely and good balance as the client feels relaxed and secure with the person then and can be more open and natural with them smile x

It also dispels and disperses the FEAR which I have felt immensely in the past but don't feel any more THANKFULLY!!

I feel I can just simply be myself now! grin

jinglbellsfrocks Sat 15-Aug-15 20:44:10

So glad for you both nannynoo. smile

Crow Sat 15-Aug-15 20:48:40

I have much admiration for you nannynoo well done to you and flowers Love is a wonderful healer.
I have no doubt that road ahead will be hard but I am sure you will cope.
I am a firm believer in unconditional love and it seems to me that you give that little boy that. Well done to you.

nightowl Sat 15-Aug-15 21:15:42

What a wonderful happy ending, or should I say new beginning nannynoo. I could not agree more about kinship care. Thankfully the courts are beginning to take that view as well, at last. I send you (((hugs))) and best wishes for the future x

Iam64 Sat 15-Aug-15 23:23:57

What lovely posts nannynoo. Thanks you've made my day x

NfkDumpling Sun 16-Aug-15 08:28:14

smile

NfkDumpling Sun 16-Aug-15 08:28:23

L

NfkDumpling Sun 16-Aug-15 08:29:47

(Don't know how Mr iPad just added that L. I think he's practising to take over. Keeps doing stuff like that!)

TriciaF Sun 16-Aug-15 09:13:16

So glad to see your update Nannynoo smile - wishing you both many happy years together.
Your boy will keep you young!

Katek Sun 16-Aug-15 15:29:01

Nannynoo- sheer joy is simply radiating out from you! It brings a tear of happiness to my eyes. All the very, very best to you and your precious grandson. sunshine

Deedaa Sun 16-Aug-15 17:42:12

So glad things are still going well Nannynoo I hope your new SW appreciates all you've done. smile