Gransnet forums

News & politics

Jermy Corbyn elected

(1001 Posts)
Teetime Sat 12-Sep-15 11:45:58

Bugger it that's the next election lost.

Ceesnan Sun 20-Sep-15 18:27:15

Durhamjen haranguing another poster because they have a different opinion to you is out of order. Are you seriously saying that you shouldn't post on threads unless you have a valid opinion?

Ceesnan Sun 20-Sep-15 18:29:04

And why is it generally the political threads that can get unpleasant?

rosesarered Sun 20-Sep-15 18:31:56

grinCeesnan
Yes, the foody threads never get that way do they?

rosesarered Sun 20-Sep-15 18:34:28

I'm not too worried if the railways go back into public ownership, or remain privately run, as long as they run properly. I never use them, so will leave it to those that do to debate it.

Elegran Sun 20-Sep-15 18:36:41

I think I must be very thick today. Usually I can search a thread and find a post that has been referred to, but I just cannot find anywhere that Ana said anything that would cause durhamjen to say "Can you explain why it's okay for foreign government railway companies to own railways in Britain but not our own government?" and to keep insisting that Ana prefers the privatised railways.

Could you be helpful, please and point out the date and time, DJ?

Thank you.

soontobe Sun 20-Sep-15 18:41:24

And there is PQE again! Or qe. Or corbyonics or whatever it is called.
The answer to everything as to where the money is going to come from for anything of course.
Quelle surprise.

Sweeties in a cookie jar. Run out of sweets. Make some more.

whitewave Sun 20-Sep-15 18:43:26

We were forced here on the South Coast without any say in the matter to have water Meters. The reason ",not enough rain" confused. Our water authority Southern Water is officially the worst in the country for leaks etc. So annoying. Good profits though straight into the shareholders pocket.

soontobe Sun 20-Sep-15 18:45:59

I try not to repeat myself, but I make an exception when I see this answer to everything.

durhamjen Sun 20-Sep-15 18:52:29

weownit.org.uk/evidence/railways

whitewave Sun 20-Sep-15 18:55:45

Quantitive easing = something used by all governments.

durhamjen Sun 20-Sep-15 18:56:57

Elegran, Ana said it did not look likely that Corbyn's plan was going to succeed.
The plan was renationalising the railways, or so I understood as that was under discussion.
If not, what plan was she talking about?

jinglbellsfrocks Sun 20-Sep-15 19:00:19

Quantitative easing - the route to sky-rocketing inflation.

Ana Sun 20-Sep-15 19:05:54

By what convoluted thought process did my one-sentence post about Corbyn's proposed plan lead you to make all those assumptions about what I think or believe, durhamjen? You do it all the time, and not just with me!

soontobe Sun 20-Sep-15 19:12:18

It could be said that most of bank lending is qe. And the Bank of England or whichever body it is now called, does as far as I know control it. Stuff that is done in banks and by banks is not the same as printing money to buy back utilites etc and all the other things that are suggested.
Which I think you understand whitewave. And durhamjen.

whitewave, please explain what you mean by something used by all governments.

janeainsworth Sun 20-Sep-15 19:13:36

You seem to think that Ana stating that she thinks Corbyn's plan won't succeed, is justification for you to subject her to classroom-style interrogation, Djen.
This is Gransnet, remember.

rosesarered Sun 20-Sep-15 19:17:52

Djen, you need to give yourself 100 lines on this subject.

Elegran Sun 20-Sep-15 19:20:19

Is this logic?

"It doesn't look like Corbyn's plan will succeed." So you take out of it that she doesn't want the plan to succeed.

If I say "It doesn't look like it is going to be sunny tomorrow" do you think that I mean that I don't want it to be sunny tomorrow?

It is true, you do this all the time, dj. Someone makes an innocent statement, which you fall on and accuse them of saying something completely different.

WilmaKnickersfit Sun 20-Sep-15 19:26:23

I don't accept that Corbyn's policies would take us back to the 1970s because the world has changed beyond recognition. Things can only start from where they are now. The results will not be the same.

I read the Observer article this morning and forwarded it to a select few. There are a few similar pieces coming out now, challenging people to see just how many of Corbyn's ideas they actually disagree with.

durhamjen Sun 20-Sep-15 20:01:16

So was she or was she not talking about the railways, in your opinions? You seem to have formed your opinions of me! But I'm not bloody well supposed to form opinions about what people say, am I?

Elegran Sun 20-Sep-15 20:05:36

You are not supposed to extrapolate from a staement opinions which people they have not expressed - which they even state categorically that they have not expressed and had no intention of expressing.

Elegran Sun 20-Sep-15 20:07:28

Yes, she was talking about the railways. She said it looked as though his plan would not succeed. she did NOTY say that she hoped it would not. To use one of your own favourite expressions - surely you can see that?

Elegran Sun 20-Sep-15 20:09:01

You can't see it, of course, because you were looking for her to say that she preferred the railways de-nationalised, therefore that was what you read into her post.

granjura Sun 20-Sep-15 20:17:37

Of course, people can post what they want- but sadly if comments are so vague as this:

'Well it doesn't seem likely that Corbyn's plan going to succeed then.'

then somehow people who reply have to try and guess what was meant, and perhaps get it wrong, or come to their own conclusions. And therefore I'd say it would be great if we all tried to make ourselves a bit clearer, perhaps, and avoid misunderstandings.

jinglbellsfrocks Sun 20-Sep-15 20:20:56

Oh stop ganging up on jen. Ana can stick up for herself. hmm

jinglbellsfrocks Sun 20-Sep-15 20:21:49

sorry for using the wrong thingies there

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion