Gransnet forums

News & politics

WHO do the political parties represent

(111 Posts)
Gracesgran Fri 12-Aug-16 11:07:41

I have begun to think this is 'the question'. The main parties will tell us WHAT they stand for but not who.

When you listen to UKIP supporters they will often describe NG as someone who 'gets' them and their problems. Trump supporters seem to feel the same thing and Corbyn's supporters seem to have a similar view that he is saying things that relate to them.

Do people really want all the detail of policies or has the Gove quote that "Britain has had enough of experts" summed up the more tribal views that actually exist.

You might ask why then do the Conservatives scrape into power. Easy really. If you keep telling people their tribe will only survive if our tribe (capitalists) does you can convince them, just as the Barons convinced the peasants that protection came from making the Barons rich.

Just a thought smile

DaphneBroon Sun 14-Aug-16 14:07:24

dahnedill I am confident Grace will see them off with her customary vigilance

DaphneBroon Sun 14-Aug-16 14:08:41

Oops "omitting/taking the "p"!! grin
Apologies daphnedill

daphnedill Sun 14-Aug-16 14:16:19

Just hope there's nobody working undercover on GN! Be very afraid if people want your personal details wink.

Serious question! Does anybody know anybody who's ever voted for the Monster Raving Loony Party? I feel I've never taken it seriously enough.

DaphneBroon Sun 14-Aug-16 14:34:58

Some people do reveal a lot about themselves and I have wondered if the likes of Trump's henchmen ever run a Google search and come up with our not very flattering comments - seriously.
It is not beyond the realms of credibility that someone has "got a little list, and there'll none of them be missed." So your "Spooks" may not be as far fetched as you thought!

It has also been known for comments, personal details etc on GN to be logged or even passed on to a third party . Ask Phoenix ???

petra Sun 14-Aug-16 15:22:44

daphneedill Any links on the Monster Raving Loony party ? As someone who never took Latin or economics wink I think this party is one that I could relate to.

jinglbellsfrocks Sun 14-Aug-16 15:39:27

I also have reported daphnebroon and daphnedill re their nastiness towards another poster.

Just saying.

jinglbellsfrocks Sun 14-Aug-16 15:41:17

(Would hate to go behind anyone's back)

daphnedill Sun 14-Aug-16 15:44:00

Jolly good! I hope you've reported posters who have been nasty to me in the past! hmm

petra, Doing Latin doesn't help with making sense of the world (or much else for that matter).

daphnedill Sun 14-Aug-16 15:45:20

That's fine! Know your enemy...and all that!

DaphneBroon Sun 14-Aug-16 17:20:07

Clearly an occupational hazard bearing the name daphne whatever. hmm