GrannyGravy13 Wed 21-Sep-22 17:03:50

Just that really,

No surprise

Chocolatelovinggran Wed 21-Sep-22 17:50:52

Yep, Grannygravy, no surprise at all..

Germanshepherdsmum Wed 21-Sep-22 17:51:23

Excellent.

M0nica Wed 21-Sep-22 18:07:09

Hoorah, its time someone nailed this family, especially the poor imitation of David Icke that heads it.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 21-Sep-22 18:16:32

Yes, I’ve been following this for months. The noose is gradually tightening.

The “special master” that Trump and his lawyers argued for is not playing ball either, so that is worth watching.

Germanshepherdsmum Wed 21-Sep-22 18:17:25

Anything that prevents him from standing again …

Whitewavemark2 Wed 21-Sep-22 18:20:20

There is call for the Trump organisation to be called down

Whitewavemark2 Wed 21-Sep-22 19:14:45

Gosh it is all coming out now

“Trump valued Mar A Lago at $739 million — the real value is closer to $75 million. He bought his Jupiter golf course for $5 mill — the next year he valued it at $62 million.”

Whitewavemark2 Wed 21-Sep-22 19:20:20

?

“Special Master to Trump lawyers: “If the government gives me prima facia evidence that they are classified documents, and you don’t advance any claim of declassification, I’m left with a prima facia case of classified documents, and as far as I’m concerned, that’s the end of it,”

DaisyAnne Wed 21-Sep-22 19:28:03

I wonder how many people will be pleased when fraud lawsuits are issued against recent and current members of the government?

imaround Wed 21-Sep-22 19:36:28

Best news I have heard all day!

GrannyGravy13 Wed 21-Sep-22 19:38:23

DaisyAnne

I wonder how many people will be pleased when fraud lawsuits are issued against recent and current members of the government?

If there are grounds for a law suit to be brought then yes.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 21-Sep-22 19:58:24

CNN

In addition to the new fraud lawsuit, the Trump Organization is going on trial next month on charges it was engaged in a 15-year tax fraud scheme and its long-time chief financial officer has agreed to testify against the company.

BlueBelle Wed 21-Sep-22 20:00:07

Good

Germanshepherdsmum Wed 21-Sep-22 21:11:23

Wonderful news.

Casdon Wed 21-Sep-22 21:23:06

DaisyAnne

Surely if there is fraud, everybody should be pleased that people are brought to justice, whoever they are. I would be upset if it was somebody I had trusted, but still pleased that their sins had been uncovered, there’s nothing worse than being taken for a fool.

Lucca Wed 21-Sep-22 22:23:02

Excuse my ignorance but what is Special Master ?

Lauren59 Wed 21-Sep-22 22:58:36

I still can’t rejoice at this latest news. Trump always seems to land on his feet no matter what he does! As they say, I’ll believe it (Trump’s downfall) when I see it.

Hithere Thu 22-Sep-22 00:31:20

This will not affect the most loyal followers that will believe it is an unjustified witch hunt

I am sure trump will use it for his advantage

Juliet27 Thu 22-Sep-22 01:29:16

If Trump’s valuation of properties was for the purpose of obtaining loans, why weren’t the real values checked at the time?

BlueBalou Thu 22-Sep-22 02:27:27

I bet he weasels his way out of it, odious creature.

Wyllow3 Thu 22-Sep-22 04:38:40

I hope this does at least prevent him from standing again. I'm much cheered to hear the news, but concerned about what Hithere says, his supporters will continue to believe he is being persecuted. It does feel beyond belief that it is so, but have read else where he would be quite happy for some kind of insurrection or minor civil war.
He is first and foremost a narcissist and any attention is good attention (or better than nothing.

The figures on the valuation of his properties if breathtaking!

Whitewavemark2 Thu 22-Sep-22 06:20:02

If I was Trump’s lawyers, I’d be more than worried that he would be paying my bill at the end of all these cases.

The “special master” in this case was appointed by the court at Trumps lawyers request, to oversee the government documents seized at Trumps various properties and illegally retained by Trump. They are independent from the defendants lawyers and the court.

Trumps argument outside of court (although it must be noted that he has not used that as a defence in court) was that he had used his power as President to de-classify the documents. However the special master as noted above found this not to be the case, and in point of fact, many of the documents Trump had taken were of the top most classification and vital to the security of the USA, which meant absolutely nobody can declassify them.
The special master was also asked to ensure nothing actually belonging to Trump was taken by the FBI.

Ladyleftfieldlover Thu 22-Sep-22 06:29:53

Dreadful man. Sadly though the more he is investigated by the police, lawyers, Democrats and even some Republicans, the more his core supporters worship him. Strange but true.

Grantanow Thu 22-Sep-22 09:49:04

Very good news and the NY Attorney General is referring the alleged fraud to Federal agencies for a potential criminal prosecution.