Gransnet forums

News & politics

Where is Truss?

(39 Posts)
Whitewavemark2 Wed 28-Sep-22 11:45:19

Apparently not even her party know.

MawtheMerrier Wed 28-Sep-22 11:47:49

Lost I hope. Maybe in a snowdrift?
Please don’t anybody send out the doggy with the brandy barrel under his neck.
Wherever she is, can she please stay there?

Framilode Wed 28-Sep-22 11:51:53

It's the Tory party conference next week. She'll be practising her speech in front of the mirror, smiling and saying 'cheese'.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 28-Sep-22 12:05:53

There are rumours that QK will be sacked, but not sure how that will work as Truss nailed herself so firmly to his mast.

It will unravel imo.

Casdon Wed 28-Sep-22 12:13:35

Liz Truss at this moment:
Mirror, mirror on the wall
I’ve cocked up the country
Am I still the fairest of them all?

The mirror’s reply:
Ms Truss, you are the party’s choice here, so true. But a Labour future is a thousand times more beautiful than you."

MrsPickle Wed 28-Sep-22 12:15:11

Hopefully in a large fridge

Joyfulnanna Wed 28-Sep-22 12:17:35

I just said the same yesterday. Where is she hiding? Hope it's because she's doing some work quietly. We need her to step up.

Normandygirl Wed 28-Sep-22 12:20:10

Perhaps she is concentrating on trying to head off the emerging scandal of her appointment of Mark Fullbrook as her unpaid chief advisor. Under investigation for corruption and bribery by the FBI and the head of a dodgy lobbying firm, Liz has promised him the gig of running the next election campaign. It's not going down too well with the party it seems.

MawtheMerrier Wed 28-Sep-22 13:04:44

Whitewavemark2

There are rumours that QK will be sacked, but not sure how that will work as Truss nailed herself so firmly to his mast.

It will unravel imo.

KK actually Whitewave (Kwazi Kwarteng I think) but no matter. Shortest career ever?
But how much damage has he done (answer on a side of A4 - or several sides.)
It’s not funny though is it ?????

Whitewavemark2 Wed 28-Sep-22 13:05:34

Have I Got News For You

Police say they’re becoming increasingly concerned over the whereabouts of a Mrs L. Truss from Norfolk. Last seen driving entire country off a cliff.

MawtheMerrier Wed 28-Sep-22 13:06:08

Gallows humour! ??

MrsPickle Wed 28-Sep-22 13:23:32

I see there are rumours that the pound will soon be renamed the ounce

Spice101 Wed 28-Sep-22 13:31:07

Maybe she is like our (Australian) PM of 4 months off on his umpteenth (at least 9) overseas trip. This time to Japan for the funeral of their ex PM.

Daisymae Wed 28-Sep-22 13:37:41

Let's hope that she's writing a letter of resignation. The impact of her actions is beyond a joke. Imagine the headlines if Corbyn had been responsible for this unholy mess?

Iam64 Wed 28-Sep-22 13:43:39

Whitewave - good question. I’m enjoying the responses very much. Have I got News for You my favourite so far

Whitewavemark2 Wed 28-Sep-22 13:46:20

MrsPickle

I see there are rumours that the pound will soon be renamed the ounce

?

toscalily Wed 28-Sep-22 13:48:59

It will probably be like Dallas, all a dream and tomorrow we will wake up to Boris again.

Allsorts Wed 28-Sep-22 13:51:26

Don’t know where she is or KK but don’t want them back, this is so awful what’s been allowed to happen, can only think it’s to get this government out. It’s the most dreadful mess, no one agrees with it. She must be answerable.

Casdon Wed 28-Sep-22 14:04:25

I’ve just seen that Starmer has asked for parliament to be recalled because the situation is so serious.

Babs758 Wed 28-Sep-22 14:12:24

Good.

MaizieD Wed 28-Sep-22 14:13:48

toscalily

It will probably be like Dallas, all a dream and tomorrow we will wake up to Boris again.

I'd rather that we woke up to find Gordon Brown in power. The last time the UK had anywhere near decent economic policies.

SusieB50 Wed 28-Sep-22 14:17:14

Whitewavemark2

Have I Got News For You

Police say they’re becoming increasingly concerned over the whereabouts of a Mrs L. Truss from Norfolk. Last seen driving entire country off a cliff.

?? can’t wait for Friday’s HIGNFY !!

mayisay Wed 28-Sep-22 14:25:25

What short memories you all seem to have. She has been somewhat busy these last few months, so may just be taking a breather in readiness for the Party Conference next week.
As for Gordon Brown running the country, he was the one that sold our gold reserve at a bargain price!

MaizieD Wed 28-Sep-22 14:28:57

As for Gordon Brown running the country, he was the one that sold our gold reserve at a bargain price!

With absolutely no detriment to our economy because our currency hasn't been backed by gold since at least 1972.
If gold ever became the instrument of exchange (i.e money) we might regret it, but ATM it's irrelevant.

Callistemon21 Wed 28-Sep-22 14:30:13

Joyfulnanna

I just said the same yesterday. Where is she hiding? Hope it's because she's doing some work quietly. We need her to step up.

Or down