Gransnet forums

News & politics

Prince Harry's visa application

(103 Posts)
lemsip Sat 09-Mar-24 17:52:50

Judge demands Biden's DHS must hand over Prince Harry's immigration papers so he can decide whether to release them publicly
Judge Carl Nichols has told the Department of Homeland Security he wants to look at Harry's immigration file
He will review it privately before deciding whether to release it publicly . been all over the news for a few days and no one else mentioned it so here goes.
also meghan looking for 'work' in UK.

Anniebach Sat 09-Mar-24 17:58:16

I doubt the findings will be made public, either he spoke the truth of his drug taking and he was still allowed in or he lied

Gossamerbeynon1945 Sat 09-Mar-24 18:12:43

He lied!

Iam64 Sat 09-Mar-24 18:52:57

Well. If he lied, he will be one of many 🤣

Summerlove Sat 09-Mar-24 19:21:40

Do they release regular citizens immigration applications? Why this one?

Anniebach Sat 09-Mar-24 19:29:27

Doubt others have written about their drug taking

Iam64 Sat 09-Mar-24 19:58:23

I expect many will have. Rock stars, movie and tv stars are all increasingly open about their substance misuse

Siope Sat 09-Mar-24 20:10:57

Drug use doesn’t automatically prevent someone getting a US visa. Speaking, obviously, for a friend.

It would be a very bad precedent of the details of any individual’s visa application, particularly for a residential visa, was made public. They contain a great deal of very personal information.

Iam64 Sat 09-Mar-24 20:22:35

Well said Siope

Anniebach Sat 09-Mar-24 20:28:01

The Heritage Foundation is surely political, choosing Harry son of a head of statewill give them more publicity than a rock singer, I certainly do not believe it will be made public

Glorianny Sat 09-Mar-24 21:15:00

Anyone remember someone called John Lennon who had a long and drawn out fight to stay in the US? He had a conviction for possession of marijuana. Still got to stay

Anniebach Sat 09-Mar-24 21:28:44

Did Lennon say on his application that he used drugs ?

Glorianny Sat 09-Mar-24 21:36:52

Drug use by the Beatles was common knowledge and spoken about quite openly.

Casdon Sat 09-Mar-24 21:46:36

Isn’t the question about did any applicant lie about their drug use on their visa application rather than did they take the drugs?

Sarnia Sat 09-Mar-24 22:20:58

Meghan is searching for a British PR guru to improve her popularity in the UK. Form an orderly queue! According to reports, the reason for this is that they are mulling over a possible return to the UK. Make of that what you will.

nanna8 Sat 09-Mar-24 22:33:43

Hope they stay put in the US and just shut up. They are a nasty,boring couple of people. I used to like him once,too.

Glorianny Sat 09-Mar-24 22:48:39

Casdon

Isn’t the question about did any applicant lie about their drug use on their visa application rather than did they take the drugs?

The question on the form is Are you or have you ever been a drug abuser or addict?
It's possible to consider that occasional. recreational use constitutes neither of those things.

Galaxy Sat 09-Mar-24 23:01:54

It's also possible the US have altered the way they view security/Visa applications since the sixties.

maddyone Sat 09-Mar-24 23:53:19

Whatever he put on his visa application, I don’t think he, or she, will find a very warm welcome here.
If they came back to the UK and lived a quiet life, the fuss would die down and and they’d be okay. However, apparently Meghan is looking for a British PR guru who will be attempt to improve their image here. I don’t think that suggests living a quiet life. I wonder why she thinks they need to improve their image in the UK?

Anniebach Sat 09-Mar-24 23:56:30

She couldn’t live a quiet life , loves the camera and loves to talk
about herself

Mollygo Sun 10-Mar-24 00:01:53

Maddyone, I wonder why she thinks they need to improve their image in the UK?

I don’t know, but doubtless if they don’t like what they find, it will all be used as publicity material or for another book. E.g.
How my brother/father/sister-in-law, turned my homeland against me. or The story of a modern-day wicked step-mother

Syracute Sun 10-Mar-24 00:03:57

Sarnia

Meghan is searching for a British PR guru to improve her popularity in the UK. Form an orderly queue! According to reports, the reason for this is that they are mulling over a possible return to the UK. Make of that what you will.

This is straight from DM article. Hardly a bastion of truth in journalism.

Anniebach Sun 10-Mar-24 04:01:23

The subject is a stranger to truth

Allsorts Sun 10-Mar-24 07:44:52

If he falsely, knowingly entered false information and those that processed the application of course it should be investigated and he bear the costs. He can't be treated differently to others.

Allsorts Sun 10-Mar-24 07:48:33

I do hope this doesn't mean we have to have them though, knowing what he thinks of Uk and of course dislike of family. Megan can gave all the gurus she likes but she needs to look at herself, at odds with all members of family, consider just maybe not everyone is in the wrong.