Gransnet forums

News & politics

Picture of Kate and William at farm shop

(162 Posts)
Primrose53 Mon 18-Mar-24 22:25:54

Just saw this on News at Ten and it clearly is NOT Kate or William. The woman is nothing like Kate and William is not as heavy as the man in the photo.

However the Sun reckons it is them, so do News at Ten. 🤣🤣

FAKE News!

Jane43 Mon 18-Mar-24 22:26:53

There’s a video out now, are you saying that’s not them because it looks like them to me.

BlueBelle Mon 18-Mar-24 22:28:38

Is there a link I haven’t seen any photos

Primrose53 Mon 18-Mar-24 22:28:40

www.thesun.co.uk/royals/26750949/princess-kate-windsor-farm-shop-william/

25Avalon Mon 18-Mar-24 22:29:28

Primrose53 I wondered about the authenticity of that photo too. It was first printed in the Sun, followed by the DM.

Primrose53 Mon 18-Mar-24 22:30:15

BlueBelle

Is there a link I haven’t seen any photos

They showed it on ITV News at Ten too.

Anniebach Mon 18-Mar-24 22:32:59

It’s on SKY paper review

Jane43 Mon 18-Mar-24 22:39:05

This is the video

www.google.com/search?q=video+of+william+and+kate+at+farm+shop&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:15abd9fd,vid:bN5y_0tCOoI,st:0

merlotgran Mon 18-Mar-24 22:45:46

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13209907/kate-middleton-pictured-smiling-princess-wales-prince-william-windsor-farm.html

This is the one in the Mail.
I don’t think it looks like her.

Ladyleftfieldlover Mon 18-Mar-24 22:50:00

It’s not her.

NotSpaghetti Mon 18-Mar-24 23:36:09

I don't think it's her either but I'm not a "royal watcher" socould be wrong.

Louella12 Tue 19-Mar-24 05:35:28

I'm sure it is them.

Very difficult now because any time they put a photo out, conspiracy theorists will be insisting its not them

HelterSkelter1 Tue 19-Mar-24 05:56:20

The farm shop I know well and is by a back entrance to the castle grounds.

I don't think it looks like her. A looky likey planted by the press??? Why on earth they would go there to shop...although it is a nice farm shop... is beyond me. And the press have been saying she is in Norfolk. I expect we will see pics of her all over the place now.

BlueBelle Tue 19-Mar-24 06:20:19

Joined everyone else no it doesn’t look like her at all although
I m not much into looking at their photos so I can easily be wrong Not even sure it is him either

Casdon Tue 19-Mar-24 06:41:28

Think about it though, how profoundly foolish are the press going to look if they print and find out they have fallen for lookalikes after they have criticised the royal family for altering photographs. Surely they aren’t that dumb.

Pantglas2 Tue 19-Mar-24 06:42:35

Am I the only one thinking this is getting silly now?

What will the poor woman need to do to stop all the intrusive speculation - have a DNA test? I suspect that even then some folks will think it’s been fixed!

Katie59 Tue 19-Mar-24 06:48:20

The video is William and Catherine if it was taken recently both look happy and relaxed. I expected to see security in the background.

HelterSkelter1 Tue 19-Mar-24 06:54:54

The press certainly aren't dumb but it will sell a lot of copy and stir everything up again.

Was that a protection chap behind them? If so he was rather loaded up with carrier bags to do much protecting.

The farm shop will be packed from now on with people hoping to see her again. Good for the RF business!!!

M0nica Tue 19-Mar-24 06:57:27

pantglas2 I am in complete agreement with you.

My reaction is that she has lost a lot of weight over her illness and that is why she was not wearing her wedding ring in the Mothers Day picture, because it keeps slipping off.

Why shouldn't she go to a farm shop? She has been seen in other everyday food shops at various times.

Frankly I find this whole fuss about the way family photographs have been tidied up a bit around the edges quite ridiculous. We are not alking about gross manipulation of photographs to show things to be other than as they are.

Photographers have always tidied up photographs. I have a studio portrait of my sister and I taken in the 1940s when I was 4 and she was 2. At the time both my upper front teeth were missing after an accident. However, the photographer doctored the photograph so that my teeth were back in place. My mother was delighted. That is all that has happened in the photos in contention.

Talk about storm in a teacup, this photo hoohaa is more storm in a dolly's teacup.

nadateturbe Tue 19-Mar-24 07:03:07

Two different people in my opinion.

Galaxy Tue 19-Mar-24 07:04:41

If you are happy with people breaking the rules in terms of photos supplied to the press then dont be surprised when people dont believe what is shown to them.

HelterSkelter1 Tue 19-Mar-24 07:10:48

I expect to see them in Pizza Express Woking soon!!!!!

nadateturbe Tue 19-Mar-24 07:22:15

But then again this does look like her.
Who cares anyway! It must be awful to not be able to go shopping without people taking photos of you.

Gwyllt Tue 19-Mar-24 07:25:02

I am going to be really contentious and suggest that perhaps the surgery undertaken was plastic not abdominal

M0nica Tue 19-Mar-24 07:25:08

No one iss breaking any rules. All that has happened is a bit of tidying up round the edge. Both photographs are essentially the photos as originally taken.

As I said photographers have always done this, and no one has ever bothered about this in the 200 plus years since photography was first developed. Gross changes in photographs are something difference, The next thing youwill be saying is that to pose for a photograph or run a combe through your hair is a manipulation of how someone looks, because they did it specifically because the photo was being
taken.

All that has happened is that the photographer has metaphorically run comb through someone's hair.