Gransnet forums

Relationships

how to please your husband

(62 Posts)
TriciaF Sun 25-Sep-16 18:21:57

and not necessarily in the bedroom.
After many years I've just realised that the way to my husband's heart is to ask him to help me in situations where I'm hopeless.
From childhood I've always been a very independent person, left on my own a lot, thinking I can deal with things myself, But I think he likes me to be dependent on him. He always comes to help quickly when I ask him, for things like computer problems, anything requiring physical strength, car problems etc.
Anyone else got a husband like that?

granjura Tue 27-Sep-16 10:15:53

Teddy123- no-one has mentioned perfection and endless bliss- every relationship has ups and downs. Just talking about being honest and 'equals' (as said, which does not mean 'the same' at all) - without pretence. That's all.

Jaxie Tue 27-Sep-16 10:43:04

Christinefrance: I'm with you. My husband only notices me when he wants some home cooking. He's not interested in anything I have to say- very sad.

kooklafan Tue 27-Sep-16 10:53:48

I think everyone likes to know they are loved, needed, attractive, clever etc and so many use compliments as a means of keeping their partner 'down there'. I used to have a friend who once told me she and her fella' were going to a wedding and he looked handsome but she wouldn't tell him for fear he would get cocky ... the way I see it, if we don't make our partners feel loved, needed, tell them we are proud of them and how clever and handsome/attractive they are, eventually they make find someone else who does but it's got to cut both ways. If there's one giving and one taking it won't work.

etheltbags1 Tue 27-Sep-16 22:06:56

that's one of the reasons I don't want a partner, I like to be independent. I do things for myself and yes I could do with a hand in the garden and with decorating but I will just have to pay, I couldn't bear having to cow tow to a man

Synonymous Tue 27-Sep-16 22:13:14

Nor me ethelbags ! Neither of us is a 'cow tow' type of person. Relationships are so much better when based on mutual respect. smile

obieone Tue 27-Sep-16 22:13:41

I have come to the conclusion, that what works for one couple does not necessarily work for another and vice versa. If the end result is genuine happiness for both people, the method they use is not really very important, and shouldnt be sneered at by anyone else.

merlotgran Tue 27-Sep-16 22:15:50

We're a team. We help eachother. No cow-towing in this house. grin

merlotgran Tue 27-Sep-16 22:16:44

Kowtowing.

etheltbags1 Tue 27-Sep-16 22:21:41

sorry about the spelling I have never typed this word before so Kowtow it will be in future.lol

granjura Wed 28-Sep-16 08:52:15

Did anyone 'sneer' obione?

TriciaF Wed 28-Sep-16 11:36:19

I've just realised that I'm the opposite - if he asks me to help him to do something I usually grumble and moan, or say 'Do it yourself!' Not very nice blush