Gransnet forums

Relationships

Merry Christmas to you all and a happy, healthy & peaceful 2024

(47 Posts)
Cossy Mon 18-Dec-23 09:51:26

Morning all

Before I forget I wanted to wish every single one of you the best Christmas you can have, given your own particular circumstances.

Some of you are going through some awful times, unwell partners, rows with children, grumpy husbands, dealing with one’s own mental and physical health.

We’ve all seemed to have had some challenges this year and for me, I bless each day, however grumpy and argumentative I’m feeling.

Might not like our current govt, weather, how my adult kids sometimes behave, my grumpy husband but EVERY day I appreciate how blessed I am!

I have a warm, if shabby home, I feel safe inside it with the three adult children who seem as if they’ll never leave (despite many hints from us!) our four dogs (three of which belong to one of the aforementioned!), our kitchen pantry and fridge/freezer are full to bursting, I have a few, but nevertheless very special and close friends, one fabulous grandchild, things to look forward in 2024 and I’m still (just about) mobile and able to drive!

We have a nice, quiet Christmas planned with a couple of outings this week with friends and then just the three who live at home and a full family event planned for 13/14 Jan (first date all of us are free), I’ll be having Christmas crackers, we will wear silly hats and I’ll put on a “help yourself rolling buffet” so much less stress and people can arrive when they like and leave when they like.

I wish you all a festive Christmas and hope you can all find some joy and inner peace x smile

Oreo Mon 18-Dec-23 10:11:03

That’s a nice Xmas message Cossy and the same to you as welltchsmile
Sounds like you have a real full house there!

Redhead56 Mon 18-Dec-23 10:28:40

We have a busy week too lunches out etc that’s Christmas!
I echo your words wishing everyone a happy and hopefully joyous time no matter how you celebrate it.
The best of good health to all and wishes for a happier new year for everyone.🎄🍸

nanna8 Mon 18-Dec-23 10:50:31

Thanks for that, Cossy. Our Christmas is catching up with family and extended family. I have had a lot of Christmas break ups this last week or so - feel a bit like a tub of lard round the middle.
I would also like to wish everyone a lovely, peaceful Christmas, not forgetting the reason for the season being the birth of Jesus.

VioletSky Mon 18-Dec-23 11:03:39

I'm recovering from surgery so a restful Christmas for me

All my children will be home today and staying with me till the New Year

Online shopping is my best friend this year

Can't wait to celebrate together and crack open the Christmas chocolate!

VioletSky Mon 18-Dec-23 11:03:53

Have a wonderful Christmas everyone

Smileless2012 Mon 18-Dec-23 11:21:11

What a lovely OP Cossy.

A merry and peaceful Christmas to you all.

Nanie Mon 18-Dec-23 11:34:11

Hi Everyone Hope you have a lovely Christmas and A Happy New Year! If you want to send a Christmas message to loved ones type in portable North Pole all lower case. Then follow prompts it is free and your loved ones will love it.

fancythat Mon 18-Dec-23 11:45:24

Nice thread op.
Happy Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and everyone.

I would have said earlier this morning, I will not be around on here much, for the next several days or more.
But plans keep changing, including this morning, so no longer sure if I am coming or going. And that might be literally as well.

Grandyma Mon 18-Dec-23 13:07:15

Lovely thread OP. Wishing everyone a merry Christmas and a happy, peaceful and healthy new year.

sodapop Mon 18-Dec-23 15:49:55

Great post Cossy we are having a quiet time this year. Hope everyone has the best Christmas they can and a peaceful and content 2024.
For all those who are troubled or ill I hope things get better for you and you have peace of mind.

Judy54 Mon 18-Dec-23 16:32:11

Thank you Cossy I wish you and all peace and joy this Christmas wherever you are and whatever you are doing.

AGAA4 Mon 18-Dec-23 17:09:31

Merry Christmas to all and special thoughts to those who are ill, lonely or troubled. May the New Year be kind to all GNs.

Louella12 Mon 18-Dec-23 17:14:53

Happy Christmas and New Year to one and all.

So we've staggered through 2023, let's hope for a more peaceful 2024 😇

CanadianGran Mon 18-Dec-23 17:25:50

That is a lovely post, Cossy. I'm wishing peace and joy to all of you. The joy can come in all forms, from enjoying a crowd of loving family around you, to enjoying your solitude with a cup of tea and Christmas music on the radio. I hope that people who are struggling this year can find some small moments of contentment.

I had a moment like that yesterday. My shopping is done, the decorations are up. I was sitting on the couch with knitting for a new grandchild coming in the spring, listening to old Christmas music and enjoying the tree lights. Lovely.

BridgetPark Mon 18-Dec-23 17:49:26

Thank you Cossy, how kind of you to extend your wishes to us all. I echo your sentiments, hope everyone finds some peace and enjoyment this festive season. Happy Christmas to us all.

Freya5 Mon 18-Dec-23 18:04:11

A very Merry Christmas to one and all.

Nicolenet Wed 20-Dec-23 11:06:59

Merry Christmas to you all, lovely people, and a happy New Year xxx

Grantanow Wed 20-Dec-23 11:08:35

Happy Christmas and a Prosperous New Year!

Spec1alk Wed 20-Dec-23 11:20:44

A quiet Christmas here. Husband recovering from cancer and encephalitis at present. It’s been a dreadful year but he’s still here! We are counting our blessings. Happy Christmas to you all!

Purplepixie Wed 20-Dec-23 11:23:58

Thank you Cosy for the excellent christmas message.

I also wish you all the very best christmas and a happy and healthy new year. Also hope this sciatica has gone soon after having it for 6 weeks!!!!!

Merry Christmas!

Mouse Wed 20-Dec-23 11:28:14

Wishing you all a very merry Christmas. Hugs for those who want one.

Anniel Wed 20-Dec-23 12:16:25

Greetings from the Caribbean. The island has welcomed lots of tourists from all over the world but the rainy season has not gone away yet. We will watch the King’s speech ( thinking of the lateQueen) and then go out to a full Christmas Dinner with friends. Despite the heat we will still eat our traditional dinner. Last year my Australian son and daughter visited so we will be phoning them both on the big day. I wish all Grans the day they will enjoy. I miss going to the Church Carol Service but will watch Kings College on Christmas Eve. I still love Christmas. If only my other half was still with us.

VB000 Wed 20-Dec-23 12:38:45

Thanks Cossy - best wishes to you and everyone on GN.

My son is off travelling, daughter in Oz, and as it will just be the 2 of us, we are going to be decorating the living room, as I will have time off work! (It does need doing!)

Mayjohn Wed 20-Dec-23 13:07:39

We are visiting son and family in the morning then to daughter’s for lunch. Will be a quiet one as my father passed away on 13 November and I had a hysterectomy on 21 November and will still be recovering to some extent. Will enjoy seeing all the grandchildren which for me makes Christmas and with being out of action so to speak will enjoy taking a bit of a back seat. Merry Christmas to you all and hope it’s a happy one whatever you do.