Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

What perfume do you wear?

(255 Posts)
Ticktac Sat 06-Feb-16 17:16:40

I usually wear Knowing by Estée Lauder which I love. I'd like to find another perfume, have been out today, but have come back empty handed as in the end they all smelt similar.
What is your favourite? I'm looking for something not sweet or flowery.

livelygran1 Mon 25-Apr-16 19:20:51

My favourite is Very Irresistible by Givenchy. Everyone comments on it and says it smells lovely.

Shelagh6 Mon 25-Apr-16 20:06:38

"First" by Van Clef and Arpels - the best but so expensive!

Elrel Mon 25-Apr-16 21:10:04

I like Jo Malone fragrances, also the Jo Loves range which she now produces after selling the original Jo Malone business. At present I have a lovely fresh rose and lemon.
At Christmas I got a Penhaligon taster set for DHS's girlfriend, they gave me some samples and I liked them too especially Empressa and one whose name I've forgotten, began with V.
Loved Chanel 19 which a boyfriend gave to me in my teens and also Miss Dior which reminds me of a different man and my relief at getting free of him! Very evocative, perfumes!

1974cookie Tue 26-Apr-16 17:31:37

One thing that I have discovered about perfume is that what used to suit me when I was younger, do not work for me now ie: Opium by Yves saint Laurent.
My current favourites are:
Chanel Coco Mademoiselle, and Chance.
Bottega Veneta essence aromatique.
Thierry Mugler Alien Eau Extraordinaire.
One of my all time favourites though was a fragrance by Lulu.
( Yes, the singer.)
It was called Time and it really was gorgeous.
It was one of those fragrances that made people stop and ask you what it was.
It was one that you had to buy online, but sadly disappeared a couple of years ago.
I wish that it would come back into production. sad