Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Last Tango in Halifax

(239 Posts)
Agus Sun 28-Dec-14 12:08:02

The next series starts tonight at 9.00 on BBC1

Marmight Thu 05-Feb-15 04:37:13

I missed the last episode (on a flight to Oz) so can someone fill me in on what happened please!

Leticia Thu 05-Feb-15 06:08:02

You can still watch it on iPlayer.

Marmight Thu 05-Feb-15 07:06:44

Not available in Australia hence my request for update!

Leticia Thu 05-Feb-15 07:31:39

It was mainly Gillian's wedding and her doubts. She was running late and she was talking to Caroline-they got a puncture and Caroline had to change the wheel and got filthy. Gillian went through lots of reasons and kept the main one until last- she couldn't tell him that she had killed his brother.She went through with it in the end. Gary upset Alan with his newspaper article and was upsetting them all and paying for everything- including tne wedding. The olive branch was handed out at the end when Alan let him upgrade the seats to Australia. Flora's natural father has taken over the child care when it transpired the nanny had a drink problem.
Lots of strands for another series!

Greyduster Thu 05-Feb-15 08:49:23

Gillian's! I'd be afraid to sit down at Caroline's.

Mishap Thu 05-Feb-15 10:46:23

Most of Gillan's revelations involved divesting herself of her knickers! - just so you know Marmight

merlotgran Thu 05-Feb-15 10:56:10

Any bets on Gillian being pregnant in the next series?

Who's the Daddy?

rosequartz Thu 05-Feb-15 12:00:32

Marmight
The usually immaculate Caroline arrived at the wedding looking like a farmer who had had a bad day mending his tractor. She fell into a pile of manure as well as the dirt from changing the tyre, and to change the tyre she had to jump on the jack to loosen the wheel nuts and broke the heel off her shoe - hilarious. Gillian could have done it without a problem, but Caroline told her she had to stay clean in her wedding dress.

The very young people (Caroline's younger son, his friend and Gary's two daughters) were getting on really well at the reception and there was one very funny shot where they dived through the crowd of guests, whipping glasses of champagne from the waiter. Typical teenagers!

Gillian's son told his 'Uncle Gary' that he was going to university after all and didn't want to work for him, thank you anyway. He proposed to his girlfriend at his mother's wedding (quietly, not in front of everyone).

Presumably for £10,000 they were going to have a proper meal after the champagne, but Caroline went home and there was a rather poignant scene in the car outside the hotel where Kate was in the back seat, Flora in her baby seat in the front, and Kate said she would be 'going'. Caroline talked to the baby and told her she loved her.

Alan and Celia are off to Australia first class - look out for them grin

Gillian and Rob were going to Majorca (avoid if possible [wink)
Caroline was taking the baby to see her other granny in America.

Series 4 has just been announced:
www.radiotimes.com/news/2015-02-02/last-tango-in-halifax-series-four-confirmed

rosequartz Thu 05-Feb-15 12:14:06

Sorry, I should have said Spoiler Alert for anyone who has not caught up with the last episode yet!

rosesarered Thu 05-Feb-15 22:47:44

They say that you should always 'leave them wanting more' so perhaps the story should have run it's course?Of course it could go on... and on but it has to end somewhere.
Wonder if there will be lots of tourists wandering around Halifax?There already are in Harrogate [and always were]. I would prefer Carolines house which looks gorgeous, the farm is a bit of a dump.

Ana Thu 05-Feb-15 22:51:23

Caroline's house is actually in Altrincham - perhaps some members who live in that area may have spotted it!

Marmight Thu 05-Feb-15 23:16:55

Thanks Roses. I shall look forward to the next series....it just gets better and better! I didn't see Alan and Celia, but I was only in Business grin

rosequartz Fri 06-Feb-15 10:19:23

Marmight we shall be going cattle class - unless some long-lost millionaire son of DH turns up!
With our plentiful supply of marmite grin