Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

What tv series in the past did you like ?

(66 Posts)
NanKate Sun 22-Nov-15 14:24:05

Do you remember 'Love for Lydia' ? I was totally hooked on the series.

NanKate Thu 26-Nov-15 18:36:47

Yes Alea I remember Compact. The scenery was a bit wobbly and the walls moved. It was good though.

hildajenniJ Thu 26-Nov-15 18:38:59

Not Bonanza, but The Virginian, oh, swoon!

Welshwife Thu 26-Nov-15 18:58:39

Who Pays the Ferryman? - Filmed on Crete at Elunda and many others mentioned previously - the High Chapperal was another one - I often wonder why they don't show some of these old ones instead of endless Bake Off repeats every day. There was another series starring Samantha Bond about a young English woman going to Japan - the Ginger Tree.

Mamardoit Fri 27-Nov-15 00:54:38

Tenko
Morse
The PD James stories.....Dalgliesh
The Sandbaggers.......Sort of early Spooks
Spooks
The Saint.....the proper one with Roger Moore.
Family at war.

Mamardoit Fri 27-Nov-15 01:09:47

Manhunt...WW2 set in France.

There was a similar series later (also set in WW2 France) but I can't remember what that was called.

The Bill.

Angels.

Crown Court.

I must have watched too much TV.

NfkDumpling Fri 27-Nov-15 08:00:54

Wagon Train. I had posters of Robert Horton on my bedroom wall.

Does anyone remember By the Sword Divided? I still feel bad that I sent the children to bed as it was on too late saying it would be repeated in a couple of years - and it never was.

NfkDumpling Fri 27-Nov-15 08:05:39

Oooh! I just Googled it. It's available on Amazon - both series - £94!!!!!

I'll try the library!

Anya Fri 27-Nov-15 11:15:02

Yes, Blake's 7 for me too Jane though I did see the ending and never understood it!!

Also I loved Drop the Dead Donkey

Tegan Fri 27-Nov-15 11:54:46

I SO fancied Avon blush....

harrigran Fri 27-Nov-15 12:26:17

When the boat comes in.
A family at war.
Secret army.
Clochemerle.
Randall and Hopkirk.

annodomini Fri 27-Nov-15 12:56:21

Porridge
Drop the Dead Donkey
The Two Ronnies
M.A.S.H
The West Wing
Northern Exposure
Six Feet Under

Also addicted to all the Star Trek series.

numberplease Fri 27-Nov-15 16:55:42

Another Robert Horton (Flint McCullough) fan here, he was GORGEOUS! I liked Wagon Train as a series as well, of course.
Does anyone else remember The Roaring Twenties? Set, I think, in Chicago, with Dorothy Provine as a very pretty nightclub singer/dancer, and the very handsome Rex Reason as the hero, I think he was a reporter, but not sure after all this time, it WAS in the 60s. I loved all the singing and dancing, especially the Black Bottom and the Charleston. I remember being confused over Rex Reason, he was the spitting image of Rhodes Reason who was in a series set in Africa, I think, again, not sure, I found out years later that they were brothers, they looked like twins!
I also loved A Family at War, watched every episode avidly.
My first ever adult TV series was Emergency Ward 10, my love interest though was Dr. Simon Forester, played by Frederic somebody.

dahlia Fri 27-Nov-15 17:34:57

Watched "Bonanza" the other day for about 5 minutes, couldn't believe it was such rubbish - all the "Indians" spoke perfect English and the part I saw was obviously made in a studio, with wooden floorboards showing! How I loved it back in the 60's! Perhaps we are better off living with our memories! smile

FarNorth Fri 27-Nov-15 21:27:30

The Newcomers , I was so upset when it finished. I expect I'd find it terrible now.

glassortwo Fri 27-Nov-15 22:01:31

Oh yes Rock Follies had forgotten that.
Tenko
Ballykissangel
The Duchess of Duke Street
A Family at War
When the Boat Comes In
The Onedin Line
Morse
Butterflies
Little House on the Prairie
The Waltons
Cagney and Lacey
Starsky and Hutch
St Elsewhere
Mork and Mindy
M.A.S.H.
The Thorn Birds
Bouquet of Barbed Wire
Howards Way
The Sullivan.

I am sure there are loads more, but cant recall them at the minute.