Gransnet forums

AIBU

........to create a (new) little quiet corner?

(284 Posts)
grannyactivist Mon 28-Nov-11 11:45:47

brew cupcake always available.

Annika Mon 28-Nov-11 11:50:34

Could do with a quiet little corner as I feel I am being pulled every which way at the moment familes love em to bits but I would like a little "me " time so can I hide here for a while. sad

grannyactivist Mon 28-Nov-11 11:55:03

Annika, hope your day improves, but in the meantime this is a good place to hide and carve out a bit of space for yourself. brew cupcake

Butternut Mon 28-Nov-11 12:04:56

I'd like to 'ditto' ga's sentiments, Annika. Hope hiding here helps.

GoldenGran Mon 28-Nov-11 12:31:30

Hope I can join in the hiding in this corner, a little haven of peace.Time to be on your own,and not be doing all the time is important, enjoy it Annika.brew

glammanana Mon 28-Nov-11 12:44:35

I've been repairing decorations from yesteryear and need time to sit and relax with some friends and brew&cupcake for a little while.

Notsogrand Mon 28-Nov-11 12:48:41

The new corner looks great GA! Especially the tea and cake table. smile

GoldenGran Mon 28-Nov-11 12:58:47

Oh is that the "Boiling Brooney" I see there, it looks scrummy, I'll leave a slice of two for the rest of you.grin

supernana Mon 28-Nov-11 13:02:23

Good to be here...among so many delightful friends. smile

Carol Mon 28-Nov-11 13:08:42

Yes, feels like home smile

Annika Mon 28-Nov-11 13:11:23

This feels like a good place to be with lots of friends smile
thanksfor all my friends

glammanana Mon 28-Nov-11 13:14:48

Annika here are some for you to take home with you thanks

glammanana Mon 28-Nov-11 13:15:38

And for you supernana you know why thanks

Ariadne Mon 28-Nov-11 13:24:59

cupcake cupcake cupcake Please eat these; I mustn't eat any more cake for a while....It's nice here!

Oldgreymare Mon 28-Nov-11 13:41:41

Enjoying a spritzer ( Dentist told me to go home and have a sherry..... far too ageist!) Just relaxing ahead of a late lunch and after some more tidying in the garden..... Oooh the cakes look yummy... mustn't spoil my lunch tho! (Cheats M&S risotto don't want to disturb the new crown).

Butternut Mon 28-Nov-11 13:54:04

I've just made another Boiling Broonie - you're all welcome to a slice - with butter on, of course. smile

Annika Mon 28-Nov-11 13:56:40

Eating cupcake with feet up its so lovely here but must make a move soon and feed the cat she is making the most terrible din, hard to relax with her staring at me wink

harrigran Mon 28-Nov-11 14:00:15

I need to hide here before I go into melt down. Kitchen fiiters arrived this morning and announced that designer had mismeasured and the units would not fit, bearing in mind they came from Germany and would take 6 weeks to reorder and arrive. Plan B to get the builder back and move the kitchen door and allow work to proceed, builder just been, can do, work can continue. Needless to say designer is conspicious by his absence, he is not half going to get a bollocking when I see him angry

supernana Mon 28-Nov-11 14:12:11

harrigran bet the designer will flinch more than a little when you catch up with him wink

Gally Mon 28-Nov-11 14:15:17

Harigran I volunteer to hold your coat grin

Annika Mon 28-Nov-11 16:05:12

Harigran what a mess but don't get into a rage about it... well not till I get there I will stand next to Gally I will volunteerto hold your specs ( thats if you wear any ) grin

kittylester Mon 28-Nov-11 16:11:14

I'll stand behind you - shouting abuse! grin

Annika Mon 28-Nov-11 16:18:48

kittylester grin
Harigran a lot of support here grin

harrigran Mon 28-Nov-11 16:24:02

Thanks Gally and Annika all help gratefully accepted and yes I do wear specs and they are well and truly steamed up after todays fiasco. I am pleased to say that the fitters have carried on and builder will be back tomorrow to move the door further down the wall. I bought a fridge and a freezer that were so big they wouldn't come through the front door even with it lifted off the hinges thankfully they fitted through the back door. I wish now that I lived in an old house with high ceilings.

glammanana Mon 28-Nov-11 18:28:47

Oh harrigran bet you wished quiet corner was at bottom of your garden to-day,but hey it may turn out for the best,but don't let the kitchen planner know that,make sure you get massive discount !!!