Gransnet forums

AIBU

To expect someone to change a routine once in a while.

(28 Posts)
kittylester Mon 29-Oct-12 15:37:25

...and, don't leave him food. wink

Ana Mon 29-Oct-12 15:24:32

You're certainly not being unreasonable, Nellie, but as your DH^is^, I'd say just keep going to visit your GS on your own. In fact, don't even bother to tell him you're going....wink

Nelliemoser Mon 29-Oct-12 15:20:05

To expect DH to give up some activities once in a while to visit newish GS a couple of hours away. DH has only 3 spare half days a week as he has fully booked himself with day and evening activities. So at 1:30pm today he announced he might try to visit this afternoon. (No previous discussion with DD.)

SIL now back at work and I want to try to give them weekends free.

Weekends could be an option but DH has many of themfilled as well. It’s ok going for a day trip but a bit much for just an afternoon.

My suggestion was to try another day when all he has on is a 2hr individual sporting activity he could give up without missing anything much. But no, that could not be given up!

I have been over to visit on days that suit me, but as he won’t give up any of these activities even for this I am not putting myself out.

Yes! It’s being childish but after years of this problem gradually increasing I can’t be bothered anymore. I can’t see a solution.

Some suggestions please!