Gransnet forums

AIBU

Gransnet?

(257 Posts)
skybluepink Fri 18-Jan-13 10:28:17

As a single person [I do have a grandniece who is a cutey pie ]I don't like the word Gransnet as feel it is not all encompassing & we should be respected for our individauality as people not to focus on our age often causing the most concern. I suppose this is nit picking but I still feel mentally I am in my 30s ??!! Silver surfer is more fun.

jeni Wed 23-Jan-13 16:38:52

I 'borrowed' an envelope from work to send off my travelling expense claim. They used to send them off for us but no longer because of the expense!
So we have to pay for an envelope and stamp to claim the money they owe usconfused

(I did supply my own stamp)

absent Wed 23-Jan-13 17:37:23

I've never committed the act but I think "riotously demolishing a hovel" is still on the statute book. I am still looking for a hovel I can demolish (without harming anyone or making them homeless) in a serious and solemn way.

annodomini Wed 23-Jan-13 18:41:30

I confess to 'sharing' DS2's Easter eggs when he was in hospital. Well, how much chocolate can a 2-year-old eat? I saved him from obesity... wink

gracesmum Wed 23-Jan-13 18:54:42

Can I own up now blush to not carrying a dog on an escalator when it said clearly "Dogs must be carried"? grin I just didn't have a dog on me at the time. Would a cat have done?hmm

whenim64 Wed 23-Jan-13 19:13:02

We'll let you off this time gracesmum but next me you plan to go on an escalator, make sure you have a dog with you! grin

whenim64 Wed 23-Jan-13 19:14:23

....that should say 'next time' -- must add criminal damage to iPad--