Gransnet forums

AIBU

To avoid doing what I should be doing as it's so boring.

(60 Posts)
gillybob Thu 11-Apr-13 13:42:58

Should be starting that stupid ridiculous annoying irritating
bloody RTI (real time paye whatsit) today. Can't be arsed bothered so messing around here instead which is so much more fun. shock

soop Thu 11-Apr-13 13:52:27

grin...gillybob I should be ironing and all that stuff...buggerthatforagameofsoldiers

glassortwo Thu 11-Apr-13 13:58:26

gilly it will only come back to haunt you easier to do it now grin of course I should not be sat here when I have a list as long as my arm, my excuse is I am watching the GC playing football out the front window. wink

gillybob Thu 11-Apr-13 13:58:50

What delinquents we are soop grin

It had always been my motto. Never do today what you can put off until tomorrow

Movedalot Thu 11-Apr-13 14:30:33

I have a great excuse not to do anything I don't want to do and a very tolerant DH. Slob away ladies. grin

Mishap Thu 11-Apr-13 14:33:14

I should be doing my tax return and doing my foot physio (ouch!). How much better to be tatting about on gransnet!

gillybob Thu 11-Apr-13 14:34:32

I know it will Glass but just can't bring myself to do it. Why do people have to keep changing things to make things more awkward for those of us who don't have the time can't be bothered to keep up.

HildaW Thu 11-Apr-13 14:41:33

Ho ho gillybob....... I know that feeling!
But isn't 'can't be arsed' such a brilliant phrase? Can remember the first time elder daughter used it and I was quite appalled, but now I find its a phrase I could not be without on certain occassions.

Sel Thu 11-Apr-13 14:44:32

I assuage my guilt by telling myself this is a spelling improvement exercise. See, it's exercise. Well done us.

baubles Thu 11-Apr-13 14:49:12

If it wasn't for 'the last minute' I'd get nothing done ever! grin

gillybob Thu 11-Apr-13 14:51:49

I know what you mean HildaW sometimes no other expression will do!

grin

This is definitly definetely definitally clearly an exercise in spelling improvement and therefore you have no reason to feel guilty Sel. I, on the other hand should be working on this stupid bloomin' whatsit thingy and should feel very guilty indeed. hmm

Movedalot Thu 11-Apr-13 14:52:01

And typing exercise Sel, must be self improvement.

gillybob Thu 11-Apr-13 14:52:43

It's the best time though baubles I swear by it ! smile

Nelliemoser Thu 11-Apr-13 14:55:01

Not unreasonable but you will probably regret it later when you have to do what you should be doing and you are in a rush. That's me being all proper there for a moment!

Just say "b***er it and enjoy Gransnet. grin

gillybob Thu 11-Apr-13 14:56:47

Bugger it there I said it, thanks Nelliemoser grin

Bez Thu 11-Apr-13 15:07:09

I have a large basket of ironing to do too - excuse for not doing it this morning was having friends pop in for coffee and then going out to replace telephone -(bought a blue ray player too - might as well in the shop) and then we stopped for lunch on the way home. grin

numberplease Thu 11-Apr-13 15:49:28

I`m up to date with my washing and ironing (virtuous emoticon), but there`s certainly a fair bit of cleaning I could be getting on with, but bugger it, can`t be bothered!

gillybob Thu 11-Apr-13 15:51:48

I like your way of thinking Bez I once set out to buy a second hand pine bed base when my daughter was going to university. Ended up getting distracted and put £500 deposit down on a house. It's easy done ! grin

dustyangel Thu 11-Apr-13 15:58:27

Definitely good for my computer skills,not to mention my spelling(please dont).

soop Thu 11-Apr-13 16:41:33

Gilly Tore myself away from the joys of GN and knuckled down to a few jobs. Now I'm feeling flushed [not hormone-hot-flushed] but panic-flushed. Why? Have invited friends round for a casual supper tomorrow. Nothing can get my knickers into more of a twist than cooking for guests. Have decided on an easy peasy menu: shepherds pie, followed by luxury bread/butter/marmalade pud [shall make it up as I go along] and cheese and biscuits. May throw in a few truffles with coffee.

Movedalot Thu 11-Apr-13 16:41:42

So easy Bez and gilly do it all the time. (not house buying) impulse buying. Off to Chester on Tuesday as I've been told there are some good antique jewellers there and have to replace a very sentimental ring. Insurance company have been very fair.

Impluse eating is also easy - must give it up! [cake]

Bez Thu 11-Apr-13 17:20:44

Not totally impulse buying - OH given a lot of Blueray discs - he decided to get one but we ended up buying a 3D one too and did not really intend to get it today. It was his first trip out since he came home from hospital last week and still recovering from his op -

ninathenana Thu 11-Apr-13 17:24:09

gilly grin grin

sunseeker Thu 11-Apr-13 17:48:52

Cleaned bedroom today for the first time in 3 weeks! Well, if people will insist on suggesting we go out shopping/lunch/coffee I can't be rude and say no!

Don't mention ironing - I have a basketful glaring at me as I type - bugger it - it can wait until tomorrow (by which time I will have found something more interesting to do!)

Movedalot Thu 11-Apr-13 17:56:23

I'll do your ironing for you sun if you'll do my cleaning. I don't do anywhere near as much as I used to and no one notices.