Gransnet forums

AIBU

Response from Radio 4

(59 Posts)
Daisyanswerdo Thu 15-Aug-13 19:03:53

Some time last June I heard a tune being played on Radio 4, the name of which I've been trying to find for years. I immediately sent them an email from their website with the details of the time, the programme it followed, the programme that followed it - every detail I could think of, asking for its name, saying I'd be so grateful, at last, etc.

They replied with a suggestion, but sadly it wasn't the right one.

So I sat down and wrote out the first 7 bars of the tune on manuscript paper, scanned it, and emailed it to the person who'd sent me the original suggestion, thanking them, and hoping that the scan would help them to accurately identify the tune.

That was on 4th July. No reply. On 30th July I wrote again, asking what more could I do! So far, I've heard nothing more.

AIBU to feel somewhat disappointed at this lack of response? Any ideas for what I could reasonably do next?

merlotgran Sat 17-Aug-13 18:25:22

And if they have any more problems identifying their playlists, Daisy, they can always ask us grin

Daisyanswerdo Sat 17-Aug-13 22:07:05

grin

j08 Sat 17-Aug-13 22:15:20

You are amazing Merlot!!!

I really thought this was unsolvable!

Respect.

j08 Sat 17-Aug-13 22:16:18

Someone should tell Radio 4 about this. Fame for Grasnet!

musicposy Fri 23-Aug-13 07:42:20

My parents have this on a wonderful CD with lots of simlar light music on it. I was about to say Vanity Fair but someone beat me to it! My daughter had this as her ice skating music and everyone commented on how pretty it is.
If you want the name of the CD I'll find it for you.

Mishap Fri 23-Aug-13 14:43:50

The watermill is definitely good old Ronald Binge - what a name! And what a lovely piece of music - my children loved it!

feetlebaum Sat 24-Aug-13 11:37:59

British Light Music - ignored by so many people... which is a shame, I think.
Sydney Torch, Robert Farnon, Eric Coates, Ernest Tomlinson, Benjamin Frankel... all masters of their craft. When I compare it with the mind-rot fed to our yoof... pshaw!

I'm off... (cue Carriage and Pair (Frankel)...) (exits, stage left)

merlotgran Sat 24-Aug-13 16:44:19

I agree feetlebaum, Trevor Duncan (aka Lenoard Trebilco) was a friend of my parents when he lived at Bonchurch on the Isle of Wight. He wrote the theme tune to Dr. Finlay's Casebook (Little Suite March) but my favourite was The Girl From Corsica.

We were lucky to have such lovely music as a background to growing up although I wouldn't have said that when I first heard The Beatles grin