Gransnet forums

AIBU

Do you have a lucky charm/item in your home to bring you luck!

(37 Posts)
bikergran Sun 09-Feb-14 18:17:23

I havn't! I used to have a soapstone fish that was supposed to bring you wealth lol but!!! 24 yrs on I'm still waiting hmm

Judthepud2 Wed 12-Feb-14 20:17:23

The miracle charm worked indeed Marelli. I'm signed off! No more drugs or treatment. Crossed the 5 year hurdle at last! I'm officially a cancer survivor. Hurrah! grin wine

thatbags Wed 12-Feb-14 20:34:09

Glad to hear that, jud. Time to celebrate wine cupcake

baubles Wed 12-Feb-14 20:40:37

Good news Jud smile

Marelli Thu 13-Feb-14 10:05:31

Judthepud2 - wonderful news! smileflowers

ffinnochio Thu 13-Feb-14 13:22:22

Good news Jud.

How did I miss this thread?

I have a wonderful Temari made for me by thatbags based on the Chinese HOU - meaning Good Luck.

Shortly after receiving it, I was able to make a decision that had been bothering me for months. I choose to believe it is the wonderful Temari that helped me make it. smile

Grannieanne Sat 15-Feb-14 08:09:29

I've never been the slightest superstitious, but this did make me think - a few years ago I had an important birthday, and my nearest & dearest wanted me to choose a piece of jewellery. We were in Scotland at the time, and I chose a lovely silver necklace with a purple enamel inset with a runic symbol on it (obviously my hippie roots coming through) I asked the assistant what the sign meant and she said it was the symbol for Freya, who was the goddess of wealth and fertility. We both joked that a little wealth wouldn't come amiss, and I wore it constantly for the next few days. Imagine our surprise to discover within a week or so of coming home that both my DD and my son's girlfriend were pregnant, and went on to give birth within 2 days of each other! I don't wear it so much now!!!

Marelli Sat 15-Feb-14 10:28:30

Grannieanne grin! I mentioned the pentacle that I've kept in my purse for years. I'd been really very ill in hospital and was awaiting the doctor's ward round. I clutched my pentacle tightly, as he gradually made his way around the beds and when he got to me, he again examined me and said that I could go home. I wouldn't have to have the dreaded operation after all, even though I'd been all 'marked-out' for it....! Many might scoff hmm, but I wouldn't like to lose that wee talisman! wink

Judthepud2 Sat 15-Feb-14 23:46:11

Great story Grannieanne! grin Do your family know about the pentangle and it's secret powers?

Judthepud2 Sat 15-Feb-14 23:48:08

Sorry. I meant runic necklace! Time for bed!

Grannieanne Sun 16-Feb-14 13:39:59

No, I never mentioned it, but the really odd thing was that my DD had been trying for ages to get pregnant, and was almost on the point of going to the doctor about it - weird or what?

Grannieanne Sun 16-Feb-14 13:46:29

It never seemed to work with regard to wealth either!