Gransnet forums

AIBU

Cut out of their lives 3

(1000 Posts)
D0LLIE Wed 19-Feb-14 19:04:28

Seems that no more posts can be added to cut out of their lives 2 ...

Smileless2012 Wed 19-Feb-14 19:07:35

Great minds think alike Doliie; I started number 3, we must have crossed posts grin

D0LLIE Wed 19-Feb-14 19:09:33

Is there anyway to delete one of them as it will get too confusing lol

celebgran Wed 19-Feb-14 19:12:57

Well done Dollie and smileless so glad to see thread 3 third time lucky and all that!

Phew our new phone is causing grief ! Think may be faulty and grrrrr I put all the new nos on!

Poor husband just gone to get new menu ! We will relax smileless better get wine ready! Have candles on cake!

Smileless2012 Wed 19-Feb-14 19:14:31

I don't know Dollie but as yours now has more posts than mine, may be every one will use yours. I can be gracious in defeat grin. Tell you what, I'll put on mine to use yours then when we get to 1000 again we can use mine. What do you think?

celebgran Wed 19-Feb-14 19:16:48

Excellent idea smileless!

Smileless2012 Wed 19-Feb-14 19:20:30

Six posts already ladies; way to go. Keep posting; if we go on at this rate we could set a new record for Gransnet. Love this forum, love this thread. Love you all; you know who you are grin.

D0LLIE Wed 19-Feb-14 19:30:05

Perhaps add 'do not post' on the other thread smiles then we can take it over when this one is full..

Smileless2012 Wed 19-Feb-14 19:32:06

Yes, I've done that Dollie or words to that affect; seems this one has already got going smile.

celebgran Wed 19-Feb-14 19:35:47

Thanks smileless come on yogagirl where are you? flowers for us all

celebgran Wed 19-Feb-14 20:52:04

Mmm much better after Chinese still got cake to come

Found out new phone not working. Due to being near iPad
made it crackle! Oh dear so glad this thread up and running.
Then hostile comments of some people so upset me and I really dont need that at moment none of us do.

Find it bizarre that anyone would want to be so offensive?! They must lead really dull lives according to my husband and just want cause trouble for sake of it.

Raise glass to cut out of their lives mark 3 wine

Smileless2012 Wed 19-Feb-14 21:15:40

Raising my glass of wine as I type Celebgran

Goodnight and god bless you all dear friends

D0LLIE Thu 20-Feb-14 07:47:44

And its always the same posters that stir the thread if you dont agree with them...But if you agree with them then they are nice!!! ffs whats that all about!!!!

Glad you got your phone sorted celeb...

Weathers awful here again down south its never ending...

Hope everyone is ok after the flack from cooth2.. flowers

celebgran Thu 20-Feb-14 08:34:18

Thanks Dollie it really upset me don't need it with my blood
Pressure but thanks to support from you and smileless I will cope,

Hope yogagirl ok and libra chick too!

Off acquacise later did. Or sleep that well hope not new tablet god must give it a chance! Only taken one!

Drizzle here but we did manage lovley walk yesterday even if I get breathless enjoyed it,!

Aka Thu 20-Feb-14 08:38:58

There is support also from the silent majority I'd say.

celebgran Thu 20-Feb-14 08:48:24

Thanks aka can I say how very sad I was to read your loss ?

To lose a grandchild through bereavement must be horrendous.

I do think losing 3 like I have while they alive is a living bereavement there will never be a closure.

There are those of us on here who would like myself jump at any chance to mediate discuss where we went wrong etc etc. with our estranged child.
To have someone come l. Here and accuse us all of not wanting to. Move on is totally out of order and really then personally insults I thought would be against gransnet guidelines.

I have tried so much in last 5 years to move one but accept it will always upset me I will never wake up and say yippee lost. Y only daughter and grandkids.

Have to take comfort from my lovley son, and good friends and I include the lovely ones met on this forum.

There are always one or two rotten apples! Once removed they don't have to ruin the rest,
Happy peaceful Thursday!

Ceesnan Thu 20-Feb-14 09:11:43

I posted a comment on the thread criticising this one, maybe I should have put it here instead, but you should know I have every sympathy for you. I am lucky not to be in the position that some of you are in but that doesn't mean my heart can't ache for you. Every member of GN has the right to post where and what they want (as long as it's within the rules of course!). Keep this thread going and ignore the minority miseries!

LizG Thu 20-Feb-14 09:13:04

(((hugs))) and flowers to you all.

celebgran Thu 20-Feb-14 09:20:02

How lovely of your ceesnan and liz g great to get some support thank youflowers

Yogagirl Thu 20-Feb-14 09:57:06

Morning Girls
I wasn't going to come on here again, I always stay off when the 'sport' begins, its so sad, but as its now pleasant again, I'm back.
Thank you so much Ceesnan and LizG really appreciate your posts.
Yes Celebgran, I like you and all the grans in the same sad boat, I would jump through fire and stay there if it would reunited me with my beloveds, I would jump off a high bridge, and I would stop eating and sleeping for a whole year (which I actually did do) if it would bring them back to me. I have appolized for things I didn't do or say and I said to them I will change anything you say I need to, just to get them back, but they would have none of it. I listen to all advise in the hope of something, but I know there is no hope for me and I must just wait for Gods help now.
Well done on starting this new and nice thread flowers for all on here, the wine will have to wait till tomorrow wink my day/evening off.

celebgran Thu 20-Feb-14 12:23:30

Welcome back yogagirl have yum classes today!

We just eating last slice of Gra cake with coffee, our neighbours who tragically lost their son To cancer at only 20 just called in they live in Scotland now but daughter sat uni. They would not sit down or have coffee bless but good see them if fleetingly !

Yogagirl please don't get upset about some very nasty comments put on here by people according to my lovely husband. Just be sad individuals just looking to cause trouble.

Must go dry my hair now!
Managed 6 lengths after acquacise today !

Smileless2012 Thu 20-Feb-14 15:54:12

Afternoon ladies. It's lovely and sunny here today, almost spring like but I must say I've had a bit of a strange day; didn't go shopping until this afternoon as I just don't seem to be able to get going hmm. Still it's nice to have a lazy day sometimes and I'll make up for it at the gym tomorrow.

Well done Celebgran for managing 6 lengths after your acquacise class; you obviously have more energy than I do today. I expect it's helped you burn off some of that Chinese takeaway from last night grin.

My thanks also to Aka, Ceesnan and LizG it's so nice to come on this thread and see messages of support flowers for you all.

Oh Yogagirl a COOTL thread just wouldn't be the same with out you, so pleased that you're now on this new one smile.

Have a good rest of the day every one.

LibraChick Fri 21-Feb-14 01:13:43

Well I typed a huge spiel yesterday at work in my lunch break, but couldn't post... Grrrr

Read all of the other thread about moving on.... then found out at end about this new thread. But wasn't sure about posting, I don't like the sport of posting volleyball, and felt awful with the unrest between gransnetters.

I am trying my best to move on, I like the support on this thread, the other thread is too philosophical for me, "for where I am at the moment". Although there are lots of good posts and advice. What works for some doesn't work for others.

The banter of what were doing on a daily basis keeps me sane.

Ps, didn't get the job, a girl already doing the job on a secondment basis got it, fore-gone conclusion confused.

I can't complain, that's how I got my first position here!! Obviously not the job for me grin.

Better try and get some sleep, it's 01:12, got work in morning, glad it's Friday.

Goodnight ladies? Xxx

celebgran Fri 21-Feb-14 08:27:07

Morning libra chick sorry about job !sad but there will be others!

Has been distressing due to one or 2 very unkind posters but we have come out the other side smile

I am just same,need the day to day light banter !

Seeing cardiologist today bit scarey hope he is helpful.

I dreamt about my daughter this morning woke up at 5 went back to sleep and dreamt we were in jewellers and is was choosing her a watch and bracelet! Strange.

Have lady nails to do then we have set off appt 1 45 and he has fitted me in before full clinic so must not be late !

3 days on low dose beta blocker not keen but will ask his advice.

Sun out at moment! Was horrid day here yesterday.

Happy Friday to us all

Smileless2012 Fri 21-Feb-14 09:40:06

Good morning ladies. Lovely to see you on the new thread Librachick. That's happened to me before and it's always when you've just typed a long post; never with the short ones angry.

I love the day to day banter of this tread too, and like you I feel as if it has really saved my sanity. There were some very interesting points raised on the 'moving on' thread yesterday so I enjoyed popping on, having a look and making contributions.

Sorry that you didn't get the job Librachick, hope you're not too upset flowers for you.

I think it's great that there are the 2 threads. As one poster pointed out yesterday (sorry I can't remember the name) this thread is for sharing, listening and offering what support we can for people in pain. Personally, although I so want to move on, it's just so hard sad. It's going to take a long time I suspect, and I need this thread and all of the you lovely ladies who post here.

The 'moving on' thread does what it says on the tin, so to speak. Offering support and advice for those who are now ready to move on with contributions from those who have achieved, what for many of us still feels impossible.

3 days on a lower dose isn't very long Celebgran so don't worry; give it time and try and take some time out each day for relaxation.

Hope you Yogagirl and Dollie are doing OK. There is sunshine here today too, almost spring like. Better get ready for the gym now. Have a great day every one I look forward to coming on again later and hopefully catching up with you all. xx

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion