Gransnet forums

AIBU

think we need a party!! how about a canal trip?

(272 Posts)
bikergran Thu 27-Mar-14 17:13:44

someone mentioned the Timothy Spall canal trip! so......... are we up for a virtual canal trip anyone? not sure if we can manage the whole "Leeds to Liverpool" but could try, anyone wanting to abandon ship could jump off at the next stop! if we havn't tied them to the rudder grin think we may need a few barges but we could tie them all together and have a Zip line to get from one to another! there may be some of you that are not keen on water, so you could run along side grin or whatever. ..I shall leave that thought with you all grin we will need plenty of supplies wine drinks, food etc, and plenty of pubs waterholes and wee toilet stops. the wearing of "mini skirts and stilettos" will be prohibited seeing as though we will be operating the locks and may need to be in certain positions ie leaning over or pushing..... and not to cause the oglers men folk distraction whilst visiting the villages.

ninathenana Sat 05-Apr-14 08:15:18

There must have been a lot of drinking last night as there wasn't much chatting posted.

Nonu Sat 05-Apr-14 08:33:24

BIKER ,20.46 so you did pop some of the champers away, MONKEY,
Still you deserve it , you did after all do most of the donkey work , organisationally speaking !!!
laugh

bikergran Sat 05-Apr-14 08:51:15

Morning landblubbers..yo ho ho and a bottle of whatever is left grin well..what a quiet night ,,,the barge was nice n steady , found the bunk a bit small no idea who was that I woke up with this morning
Nonu I have saved you some champers in my secret stash wink

wel it's been a sedate little trip but very chilled think a bit of a warm up to the next virtual party whatever that may be..hey!! how about a dressing up fancy dress one next time!!

Now than Im afraid I am going to have to abandon ship as had GS over night and is demanding I help build the lego star wars ship hmm
I hope you all enjoyed our little trip.
tiggy you have to let the FIREMAN go now!! he has other duties to perform!! now put him down! poor man must be exhausted
nina I had to forcibly remove one or two from the the side of the barge where they were hanging on after falling over board..luckily I had secured lines around their midrift unbeknown to them

There will be a mini bus along in the next half hour and he will drop you all off home (if you can remember where you live) grin
so for now mi hearties thankyou for your company and see you all very soon taraaaaaaa....smile

AlieOxon Sat 05-Apr-14 08:57:29

Did I sleep through the weekend?

glammanana Sat 05-Apr-14 08:58:10

Biker sounds like a good nite had by all we ceratinly know how to down a few grin
I watched from the sidelines under the comfort of my duvet with a massive supply of hankies as I have a nice bout of flu but the rum came in handy hmm purely medicinal I will have you know.Enjoy your day with your little man and your lego.x

AlieOxon Sat 05-Apr-14 09:33:42

No, it's Saturday. Where did I get the idea it was a longer trip?
Are we in Liverpool?
If so I am going to stay and watch the race somewhere - I don't wanna go home yet!

have a good day biker.
Have I got over the vodka jellies - yes!
Watching the race here unless anyone starts another thread on it, which they probably will.....

NanKate Sat 05-Apr-14 09:36:23

Right now for our virtual Grand National sweepstake

These are the horses already taken:

Ninathenana has chosen Chance Du Roy
Alie Oxonian has chosen Tidal Bay
And me NanKate Rocky Creek

The drinks tonight will be provided by the Winner !

NanKate Sat 05-Apr-14 09:38:34

We have got a wide screen tv here on the barge Alie so no need to do a runner.

We will let you be in charge of the remote smile

AlieOxon Sat 05-Apr-14 09:42:03

That's great, we're still here! (Normal service not resumed yet!)
Hey, which channel is it on anyway?

bikergran Sat 05-Apr-14 09:45:47

Feel free to carry on the trip....you could make it last all week and whoever is free hop on board...if still sailing I will be able to jump on n off throughout...the barge doesn't have to be home until Friday but no rush....I have heard they are putting a welcoming party on at one of the local hostelries prob the Police station so do carry on people, I have hidden the key to my secret stash cuboard . there are plenty of DVDs (perhaps don't look at ones on the top shelf)! the courier that delivered them gave them to me wrapped up in brown paper under the cover of darkness!! hmm he muttered something about "65 shades of blue rinse" so no idea!!
ok thanks glam back to the lego! grin

NanKate Sat 05-Apr-14 10:08:54

Alie the GN will be televised on the Freeview Gransnet Channel, which provides short breaks for us to grab a cuppa or a quick wee.

Thanks Bikergran for organising this great trip. I will be disembarking tomorrow afternoon, it's been fun and I have met some fun, funky, free-spirited old birds like me. (and a few Firemen who are past their best!) grin

annodomini Sat 05-Apr-14 11:04:51

Ah, so you've all got up at last! I woke up early but went back to sleep when I couldn't find anyone to make me a brew... What about it? Who's ic the galley? What, me? You cannot be serious. Oh, you are... Show me the way to the kettle, Alie.

bikergran Sat 05-Apr-14 11:06:11

NanKate before you leave can you let popaosca out of the "store cuboard" and undo the hancuffs tee hee...grin I found him drinking all the Champers reckoned it was soda water!!

AlieOxon Sat 05-Apr-14 11:17:26

Just turn round anno - and put it on again

AlieOxon Sat 05-Apr-14 11:18:33

Have you picked a horse yet?

AlieOxon Sat 05-Apr-14 11:19:16

from Kate
These are the horses already taken:

Ninathenana has chosen Chance Du Roy
Alie Oxonian has chosen Tidal Bay
And me NanKate Rocky Creek

NanKate Sat 05-Apr-14 14:02:36

Yes I will release Papaoscar Bikergran in time to watch the Racing, or the Tennis.

AlieOxon Sat 05-Apr-14 15:47:05

Now going off to see the run-up to the race.

annodomini Sat 05-Apr-14 16:20:24

Tough luck, Alie, Tidal Bay has gone.

AlieOxon Sat 05-Apr-14 16:31:03

Yes, very early. Messy start, wasn't it!
No one in my family (3) backed the winner. Oh well.

Let's have a booze-up tonight in Liverpool and then go home!

NanKate Sat 05-Apr-14 16:54:34

No winners for us, but good idea Allie let's go out with a bang (and by this I mean a party in Liverpool).

I have only been to Liverpool once in my teens and was dumped by the chap who took me up there and I had to cadge a lift back to Warwickshire, so not very happy memories. Anyway I married a much nicer chap so nah ne nah ne nah na !

AlieOxon Sat 05-Apr-14 17:06:22

Yah boo sucks so there!

Bit of time travel - we could go back to the Cavern....

bikergran Sat 05-Apr-14 17:10:37

hello all...just popped back in see how things are going GS gone back home now (lego star wars half built) so no money in they from the GNational..so no booze up tonight then!
hope popa wasn't to agitated. I left him with some butties and 4 vodka jellies.

I notice that when I was leaving the barge earlier. Someone had changed the outside bulb to a RED one and put up a sign!! "can't repeat what it said" but something about loose women being on the boat and looking for fun!! I removed it immediately of course grin cheeky things!! huh!

ninathenana Sat 05-Apr-14 17:14:25

For those of you too pis*ed happy to notice the winner was Pineau De Re

AlieOxon Sat 05-Apr-14 17:53:36

Whadda you mean no boozeup? We need one to make up for losing!