Gransnet forums

AIBU

... being cross that we've put central heating back on ... middle of flipping August!

(55 Posts)
granjura Sat 16-Aug-14 20:33:22

Grrrrr- good news is (and I do feel so guilty about being so happy about this) DD1, her OH and our granchildren are baling out of their campsite in France to come and dry out and be warm at Grannie's and Granpa's- going to help them pack up tomorrow. They've had a dreadful week with tons of rain and mud, poor things. The other families can go off to restaurants, but due to GS's allergies to egg and some nuts, etc- they just can't take the risk.

Let's hope for a wonderful Indian Summer- autumn is actually my favourite season in the Jura- great colours, huge skies and views, and lot of wild mushroom forays.

Charleygirl Tue 19-Aug-14 14:08:24

I live in a well insulated end terrace of three. The middle house has the heating on most days of the year, even in July when I was in my garden sunbathing. They did turn it off when the T reached 25C. I suppose that I benefit as some heat must permeate through the walls.

janthea Wed 20-Aug-14 10:27:53

My heating came on this morning. When I got up I found the radiators were warm. I have my thermostat set at 21 so if it gets colder than that, it automatically comes one.

FlicketyB Wed 20-Aug-14 21:51:39

This evening I considered putting a winter nightdress on. I didn't but I am wrapped up in my cosy winter dressing gown.

Nelliemoser Wed 20-Aug-14 22:47:54

Yes I have put the CH on a couple of times in the morning in the last couple of weeks and had the gas fire on in the evenings.