Gransnet forums

AIBU

To be totally fed up with her?

(61 Posts)
rosequartz Sun 08-Mar-15 18:23:29

I know most people love Helen Mirren, so AIBU to be fed up with the sight of her in the adverts on GN for a certain firm?

She is gliding up and down, appearing to my right, hair coiffed, makeup perfect, looking glamorous, with an enigmatic smile playing on her perfect lips.

And no, I do not want to watch The Perfect Age Film thankyou.

Is it me? Am I unusual? Should I be looking and learning how glamorise myself? Am I at the Perfect Age? If so, where did I go wrong?

loopylou Mon 09-Mar-15 18:07:51

OMG!
She's flitting around all over the shop........

rosequartz Mon 09-Mar-15 18:10:32

Did you put her back on there, jingl confused now

Five minutes ago they were asking me if I was looking after elderly parents.

loopylou Mon 09-Mar-15 18:17:22

Now it's Barracudas Day Camps confused.......

jinglbellsfrocks Mon 09-Mar-15 18:18:37

Yeah. I put her back. smile

#pantsonfire

loopylou Mon 09-Mar-15 18:19:08

Hell's bells she's back again.........

rosequartz Mon 09-Mar-15 18:24:21

You're right, Britain's answer to the Mona Lisa is back!

I am off to cook dinner, then to cleanse, tone and moisturise my face! wink

jinglbellsfrocks Mon 09-Mar-15 18:56:02

shock !!!

You are supposed to use the flippin' chicken!

roastchicken

rosequartz Mon 09-Mar-15 19:36:28

shock

Oh dear, I just ate the roastchicken

Purpledaffodil Mon 09-Mar-15 20:10:39

I saw her ( Helen Mirren) as Cleopatra in the National Youth Theatre production, way back in the sixties. She was amazing and seemed so incredibly sexy and grown up to us gauche sixth formers. I read once that she never packs to go away but buys her clothes from charity shops when she gets there. What a load of tosh I suspect. But I still forgive her the ghastly adverts for her gorgeous sixties persona. grin

Tegan Mon 09-Mar-15 20:34:12

First saw her in a film on the telly called The Cook, The Thief, his Wife and Her Lover where they all seemed to have sex on tables and then kill each other. It was a long time ago and I don't think it's ever been on the telly since [they probably didn't watch it before they showed it blush]. It certainly stuck in my mind shock.