Gransnet forums

AIBU

Do you wear knickers in bed?

(153 Posts)
Minna Wed 28-Oct-15 16:03:42

Last night I ended up having a rather heated debate with a friend about whether you should wear knickers in bed. She said absolutely not - you should let your 'bits' air. I said yes - because then you don't have to change your pyjamas every singles day and also because it just feels better. Who is right? (Me obviously but interested to know what others think)

Alea Wed 28-Oct-15 16:05:35

Is this really of any interest to anybody but oneself (and even then?) hmm

Minna Wed 28-Oct-15 16:12:05

Apparently so! She showed me a discussion between members of a Facebook group she is in and there were almost a hundred comments in less than a day so clearly it is something people feel strongly about one way or the other.

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 28-Oct-15 16:13:18

It has certainly sparked an interesting conversation at GNHQ Minna - the do wears are outstripping (no pun intended) the don't wears at the moment. Who knew?! confused

loopylou Wed 28-Oct-15 16:14:36

confused
Ummmm....not sure if I'm particularly interested either....

kittylester Wed 28-Oct-15 16:16:31

Who knew indeed Cari!! I was always told to let my 'bits' air and that pj's are looser round the crotch to allow for that. Obviously nighties do a better job but, at this time of year letting things air equates to letting things freeze! grin

Lona Wed 28-Oct-15 16:18:21

Very definitely NOT for me. I think clothes really are superfluous in bed even though I wear Tshirt nighties because I have a neck problem.

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 28-Oct-15 16:19:22

kittylester

Who knew indeed Cari!! I was always told to let my 'bits' air and that pj's are looser round the crotch to allow for that. Obviously nighties do a better job but, at this time of year letting things air equates to letting things freeze! grin

grin - precisely

tanith Wed 28-Oct-15 16:27:11

No I don't but then I don't wear anything else either Winter or Summer, unless I'm on holidays or staying in someone else's house/bed.

AlieOxon Wed 28-Oct-15 16:29:19

Knickers and pyjamas keep my hips warm.

That's two pairs of knickers per day....but that's ok, it fits in with the logistics of washing for one in a machine that doesn't do a half load......!

Luckygirl Wed 28-Oct-15 16:33:51

I have no idea how people can go to bed naked - it is so very cold in our cottage in the winter that I wear fleece pyjamas with a long sleeved vest underneath. OH likes a challenge!! grin

Luckygirl Wed 28-Oct-15 16:34:23

I was going to say "rises to a challenge" but thought better of it! grin

ninathenana Wed 28-Oct-15 16:34:23

Seeing as were talking about it, though it's not something I've ever discussed even with a friend......
I wear a T-shirt nightie without at home and when away nightie with.

ninathenana Wed 28-Oct-15 16:36:50

grin luckygirl appropriate name in this case blush

shysal Wed 28-Oct-15 16:39:01

I always sleep in pants and soft pull on bra top, changed daily. I wouldn't dare sleep naked in case the house caught fire! I am a sweaty person and think wearing something saves the sheets a bit too.

This reminds me of a friend's story of the door slamming shut when picking up her milk from the doorstep in a sleep T shirt and nowt else. She then had to climb a ladder to an upstairs open window to get back in. Of course along came the postman! blush

whitewave Wed 28-Oct-15 16:45:20

I can't bear wearing anything. I do have nighties for holiday and even then only for decorum I never were them, or getting undressed early and occasionally try wearing them in bed, I always end up taking them off as they drive me mad.

Teetime Wed 28-Oct-15 16:51:08

I rarely wear knickers at home and never in bed- I think that might be considered and act of war by DH- he doesn't either by the way - sorry if that is TMI.

TriciaF Wed 28-Oct-15 17:11:21

I think you might get a different vote for the Grandads wink
I will say no more.

kittylester Wed 28-Oct-15 17:13:59

My DH wears nothing in bed except when the DGC come when he wears pj bottoms. Once when we were staying in a hotel he went through the door to the corridor rather than into the en-suite. The door slammed and it was quite while before I heard the knocking on the door. In fact the couple in the next room heard it before I did grin.

Nelliemoser Wed 28-Oct-15 17:33:28

Yes! I just get very cold at night, it's a sort of hibernation reaction I don't generate any heat.

chloe1984 Wed 28-Oct-15 17:56:31

Until I read this thread I didn't realise anyone ever wore knickers in bed !

Ana Wed 28-Oct-15 17:59:16

Yes, and they wear them in hospital too, apparently, chloe! confused

Ana Wed 28-Oct-15 18:00:33

(although I suppose they would, if they wear them in bed at home...)

Anya Wed 28-Oct-15 18:05:36

Prefer PJs

Ana Wed 28-Oct-15 18:10:55

But some are wearing knickers and PJs, Anya!