Gransnet forums

AIBU

Do you wear knickers in bed?

(154 Posts)
Minna Wed 28-Oct-15 16:03:42

Last night I ended up having a rather heated debate with a friend about whether you should wear knickers in bed. She said absolutely not - you should let your 'bits' air. I said yes - because then you don't have to change your pyjamas every singles day and also because it just feels better. Who is right? (Me obviously but interested to know what others think)

Marmight Sat 31-Oct-15 17:44:50

I don't wear anything in bed - too restricting, particularly knickers - ugh! Very occasionally if it's freezing, I wear a Tshirt until the lights go off and then remove it. My Mum made me wear a vest under my wedding dress blush. It was snowing and she thought I would be cold. How she thought a sheer vest with thin straps would do the job, I don't know. However, I complied and it was my 'borrowed' item. (Once at the reception, I whipped it off and haven't seen it since!)

rascal Sat 31-Oct-15 17:58:36

Oh yes Charleygirl Jenners I know it well! wink

Indinana Sat 31-Oct-15 21:19:00

I think I must have been lucky as I had a mother who was totally uninhibited in the underwear department. She eschewed girdles, rolls on and the like - she didn't even wear a bra until I begged her to (out of sheer 13 year old embarrassment that my friends might notice blush). So I was never forced into anything to 'support my abdominal muscles' and she probably would have let me go without a bra if I'd wanted to (I didn't! I was far more conventional than her grin).
I do remember wearing the dreaded liberty bodices, however, but I didn't wear them beyond the age of about 6 or 7.